• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Lion Whisperer

Re: The Lion Whisperer

Now, that's the guy you're going to see on the news one night, torn to shreds, and all the treehuggers trying to explain what the lions were 'thinking' as they divided his body up into edible chunks.

D

WOW. Thanx

Even if he becomes a lion snack at some point, he has still done something cooler than most any of us can even think of. I handled a litter of cubs (both lion and leopard) through about a years worth of growth and will never forget it, I cannot even imagine dealing with adults on a day to day basis.

Playing with those two adult males ! WOW Never really seen one next to a human like that. Then kissing the lion on the mouth ? Yea he may become food some day but today his king !

He has to know that some day he is what's for dinner. I will stand back and watch the lions from a distance hopefully with a big gun in my hands if I ever get to go to where they are at. Remember the guy that was doing that with the Grizzly Bears.

proof that BIG cats are a lot like LITTLE cats..

Although i will be willing to bet in the near future we will be reading about him beig eaten..

They are a lot alike. 1st thing I noticed in the Vid. was the continuous head-butting on the bonding and greeting. Our Manx cat we have in our house does the exact same thing when greeting us and saying hello when I come home every day. If you lay in the floor when she walks up to you. She will just strait off run up & bang you strait in the forehead with hers several times. The big female lion in the Vid. does the same head-butting on him.

Is it just me that the first thought i had upon seeing the video is,"what gun would I like to have most at this moment?"

12 gauge pump with 00 buck without a doubt..

+1 on SN13's comment

I figure some people lost money on bets when Steve Irwin got offed by a sting-ray. Somehow the crocodile hunter being killed by a sting-ray just does't sound too likely. And as far as the dude in the video? He'll eventually get turned into a large pile of cat shit. I try to avoid cuddling with animals that are competing with me to be at the top of the food chain.

I don't think its so crazy. He has a passion, he enjoys it, he is fully aware of the risks and willing to accept those risks. Not much different from race car drivers, bridge builders, lots of occupations where death can be a realistic outcome some of which people here participate in, albeit for different reasons. He spent eleven years studying their behavior and acclimating the pride to his presence. Could they kill him on any given day? Yup.

To see how that same pride reacts to a stranger (note sidearm on Richardson visible at 1:14 and during retreat 1:53):
www.youtube.Com/watch?v=rR_CnnjGjSw&features=related.

And he is carrying a sidearm; partially concealed right hip @ 0:28, non-concealed at 1:35
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2jrS27USQE&related=feature

and non-concealed at 0:22 www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EYOT7YsrjY&feature=related

I had friends when I was younger who had a pet mountain lion. One of the most memorable experiences of my childhood. He was a little chubby but one hell of a lot of fun to play with.

Ceasar1.jpg

Ceasar3.jpg

Cory2020Ceasar.jpg

This guy is way different than Timothy Treadwell. Timothy Treadwell tried to 'become' a bear in a wild life refuge. This guy is in a fenced in reserve and only interacts with a specific pride. He's also not trying to 'become' a lion by mimicking them. He still walks on two feet, doesn't posture up to them, and knows when to pop smoke when he's over stayed his welcome.

He'll still most likely be eaten, but for different reasons and he isn't going to kill his helpless girlfriend in the process.

Cool vids though, thanks!

Bart