• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing The Lord smiled on me

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
I missed out on this guy earlier this season and had not seen him again while hunting. Today I dropped the kids off at school and hit the woods. Just before entering the treeline I used an Extinguisher deer call to make a couple "social" grunts. I got a snort wheeze in return and this guy came tearing out of the woods about 25 feet from. He was running right at me and grunting (I did not have doe pee on me or with me). I had my wife's crossbow today, I injured my shoulder working a new horse the other day. I just raised it and fired, aiming where his neck met his back, hoping it would turn him away from me. He was 10 feet from me when I shot. He had turned slightly and the arrow hit him in the neck. The Rocky Mountain Switchblade broadhead dropped him in his tracks, it severed both arteries in the neck and ripped a huge chunk out of the under side of his spine. Total time from when he charged to when he was expired....2 minutes. It took me a good 15 minutes to calm down, that was a hell of an adrenalin dump. If I had missed, it would have been a knife fight since I did not have a sidearm with me 🙄

The rut makes them crazy as !@#$
Here he is on trail cam the week before.
20231115_090137.jpg
20231113_112318.jpg

Congrats, that's a nice deer, and a better story. Appreciate you sharing

Reactions: jrassy
Awesome buck and a great story . You were indeed blessed.

The buck I shot this morning was grunted in. Called once he charged right past me, grunted again and he came back looking. Your story had a better ending…
Congratulations!

Reactions: jrassy