• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos the man toys

aoerding

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
i love ///M cars and guns...just thought id share this with the hide
smile.gif

Re: the man toys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodsrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle and nice car too, although I'm more partial to muscle cars.</div></div>

The BMW <span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span> a muscle car. Love me some M3!

aoerding, get that thing off your trunk lid before you scratch that beautiful machine...

Love the m3. Last one I had was an E46 but I've been itching for an E92 ever since.

As much of a GM muscle car guy I am, take a look at American Le Mans. The BMW's are killer!

-Travis

My husband works for GM, and pointed out that in the new Caddy CTS commercial they give a nod to BMW. Awesome cars.

Nice gun and car...but I won't call 295lb/ft muscle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nessal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice gun and car...but I won't call 295lb/ft muscle. </div></div>

Yeah, that's pretty sad.

414 hp
0-60: 4.3
1/4 mile: 12.7 @ 113 mph

No muscle there...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodsrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle and nice car too, although I'm more partial to muscle cars.</div></div>

The BMW <span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span> a muscle car. Love me some M3!

aoerding, get that thing off your trunk lid before you scratch that beautiful machine...

</div></div>

I doubt that car will scratch the rifle. I wouldn't worry about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nessal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice gun and car...but I won't call 295lb/ft muscle. </div></div>

Yeah, that's pretty sad.

414 hp
0-60: 4.3
1/4 mile: 12.7 @ 113 mph

No muscle there...

</div></div>

I don’t think you understand the traditional meaning of a muscle car. Traditionally it’s reserved for cars with big block engines with massive low end torque with a deep rumble which the M3 is not. When people talk about muscle cars, no one thinks about M3, S4, EVO, STI, etc. They immediately think about the classics like the Corvette, Mustang, Nova, Camaro, Challenger, etc. Unless muscle cars have lost its original meaning and it’s defined differently this day and age, then sure M3 may be a muscle car. Also 12.7 second quarter mile that you’re talking about isn’t typical for most 6 speed M3s. The automatic will put those numbers down consistently however. No doubt it’s a nice car and much quicker than most muscle cars of the past and even some of the present, but not muscle in the sense of the tradition. Which is not a bad thing either. It’s just a label, nothing more nothing less.

The DCT is not an "automatic" and neither is the SMG that preceded it.

we got a lot n common, long time owner of a 1995 e36 (thats right, obd1) which was built in germany before bmw usa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DCT is not an "automatic" and neither is the SMG that preceded it. </div></div>

Just because a car lets you select gears does not make it a manual. If a transmission has the capability of upshifting and downshifting on its own, it's an automatic. So yes, the DCT and SMG are both automatics. BMW would agree with this as well considering they state themselves that the M3 has the "capability of going to automatic mode.". That's from the horses mouth. You can argue all you want.

It's not to say that it's a bad thing. Most automatics perform better than manual cars now so it would make more sense to go automatic than manual if you are trying to squeeze your car. No one is saying that it's not a good car. Which is what it seems like you're taking out of this. It can take on 95% of all the cars on the road on your daily commute. Hell, I used to drive a E36 M3. It was a great car although I had quite a headache with all the electrical gremlins. It was plenty fast for its time. I'm a pretty huge fan of German cars considering I own 3 right now. 4 a few months ago. But I call it what it is.

You want German and muscle, look no further than the CLK AMG Black Series at 507hp and 465 pd-ft of torque. The seven speed paddle shifting transmission is nice, but I would have preferred a manual. BTW, I also love the M cars

Nice car, I'd love to open it up on a road course but would feel like a yuppie rolling to the range with it.

Look up "brabus sl" on youtube if you want to see a real German 'muscle car'. Brabus is like AMG but a step higher, mostly Europe. Ridiculous what they do with benz's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nessal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DCT is not an "automatic" and neither is the SMG that preceded it. </div></div>

Just because a car lets you select gears does not make it a manual. If a transmission has the capability of upshifting and downshifting on its own, it's an automatic. So yes, the DCT and SMG are both automatics. BMW would agree with this as well considering they state themselves that the M3 has the "capability of going to automatic mode.". That's from the horses mouth. You can argue all you want.

It's not to say that it's a bad thing. Most automatics perform better than manual cars now so it would make more sense to go automatic than manual if you are trying to squeeze your car. No one is saying that it's not a good car. Which is what it seems like you're taking out of this. It can take on 95% of all the cars on the road on your daily commute. Hell, I used to drive a E36 M3. It was a great car although I had quite a headache with all the electrical gremlins. It was plenty fast for its time. I'm a pretty huge fan of German cars considering I own 3 right now. 4 a few months ago. But I call it what it is. </div></div>I guess your definition of an automatic is different from mine. An automatic transmission has a torque converter and operates different internally from a manual. Taking the SMG as an example (because I am more familiar with it,) it is the exact same gearbox and clutch as the manual. The only difference is that it has servos to shift and actuate the clutch. Yes, it has a rudimentary program in place that allows it to shift on its own if allowed, but the driving experience is nothing like an automatic it that mode. More like a 16 year old driving a stick for the first time.

In function, both the SMG and DCT are similar to the transmissions found in F1 and rally cars, and I wouldn't think of calling them an automatic just because servos complete the shift when the paddle is clicked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodsrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle and nice car too, although I'm more partial to muscle cars.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">The BMW <span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span> a muscle car. Love me some M3</span>!

</div></div>
no no....the M5 is a muscle car...the M3 is what you settle for when your wife says "NO!" to the M5 lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nessal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DCT is not an "automatic" and neither is the SMG that preceded it. </div></div>

It's not to say that it's a bad thing. Most automatics perform better than manual cars now so it would make more sense to go automatic than manual if you are trying to squeeze your car. No one is saying that it's not a good car. Which is what it seems like you're taking out of this. It can take on 95% of all the cars on the road on your daily commute. Hell, I used to drive a E36 M3. It was a great car although I had quite a headache with all the electrical gremlins. It was plenty fast for its time. I'm a pretty huge fan of German cars considering I own 3 right now. 4 a few months ago. But I call it what it is. </div></div>I guess your definition of an automatic is different from mine. An automatic transmission has a torque converter and operates different internally from a manual. Taking the SMG as an example (because I am more familiar with it,) it is the exact same gearbox and clutch as the manual. The only difference is that it has servos to shift and actuate the clutch. Yes, it has a rudimentary program in place that allows it to shift on its own if allowed, but the driving experience is nothing like an automatic it that mode. More like a 16 year old driving a stick for the first time.

In function, both the SMG and DCT are similar to the transmissions found in F1 and rally cars, and I wouldn't think of calling them an automatic just because servos complete the shift when the paddle is clicked. </div></div>

Well then a lot of people plus the manufacturer of the vehicle argues otherwise. Good luck on that campaign. If the tranmission can drive itself, it's automatic. F1 cars don't fit in that catagory for that reason. Frankly, I don't give a crap it's automatic or manual. It's a nice car and it's good at what it is made for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodsrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle and nice car too, although I'm more partial to muscle cars.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">The BMW <span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span> a muscle car. Love me some M3</span>!

</div></div>
no no....the M5 is a muscle car...the M3 is what you settle for when your wife says "NO!" to the M5 lol </div></div>

I've been in many muscle car shops and museums and just as many shows and I've never seen a BMW of any sort. If it's not American it's not a muscle car. Hate to rain on yall's parade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodsrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle and nice car too, although I'm more partial to muscle cars.</div></div>

</div></div>
no no....the M5 is a muscle car...the M3 is what you settle for when your wife says "NO!" to the M5 lol </div></div>

I've been in many muscle car shops and museums and just as many shows and I've never seen a BMW of any sort. If it's not American it's not a muscle car. Hate to rain on yall's parade. </div></div>

I wouldn't go that far. Even though muscle cars are mainly attributed to American cars, there are plenty of German cars that I would label as muscle cars. Maybe you mean American muscle, which would then make sense. Even though BMW is more American than Chevy/Ford/Dodge...hell even Toyota and Honda is more American.