• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The most elite operators

Heā€™s drank way too much of his own Kool Aid. Iā€™ve never met the man but between that gem of a video and the one of him on YouTube not being able to shoot, ā€œThe Reaperā€ just looks like a clown.
I think this is the one you are talking about.

Heā€™s drank way too much of his own Kool Aid. Iā€™ve never met the man but between that gem of a video and the one of him on YouTube not being able to shoot, ā€œThe Reaperā€ just looks like a clown.
The dude had some good books, but after seeing him shoot it wasnt very impressive. Kinda like when you find out sonny croketts ferrari was really a corvette.

Kinda like when you find out sonny croketts ferrari was really a corvette.
I never knew this!

1703860788448.gif

He's got a point about the Rangers doing a lot of work for sure. But as soon as he said the .50 can take off a limb by passing you I knew he was retarded.

You don't have to be an idiot to use a gun or fight.

not getting into a "which branch is best" thing.....

but ive met guys from the Teams...ive met guys from the Rangers...but the only time ive gotten strong "dont fuck with this guy" vibes has been with the MARSOC guys....idk what it is...

I have a good friend retired from FR. Friendly guy youā€™ll ever meet. Saw him get pissed once. Glad I wasnā€™t in the splatter zone.

Rubbed elbows with many from all branches. Anyone that earns the tab/badge gets respect for that alone...but as a bonfire hero once said, ā€œScratch the paint on a hero and youā€™ll often find a dirtbag underneath.ā€

• Haha
Reactions: Fig
Ten years ago I would have giving a different answer. That said, I'd say that the Air Force Combat Controller (CCT) is by far the most capable and dynamic SOCOM asset. They integrated seamlessly into Tier-One groups and switch between those DoD specific operators (often within the same week or month) and are never in the news (thank-god). Read up on John Chapman who was a combat controller in the United States Air Force who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor on August 22, 2018 after integrating with Seal Team (X) and saving their asses ("Alone at Dawn: Medal of Honor Recipient John Chapman and the Untold Story of the World's Deadliest Special Operations Force" by Dan Schilling).

JMHO

not getting into a "which branch is best" thing.....

but ive met guys from the Teams...ive met guys from the Rangers...but the only time ive gotten strong "dont fuck with this guy" vibes has been with the MARSOC guys....idk what it is...
Marines are already, wellā€¦Marines. Put them through Raider school and itā€™s like adding 45% vinegar to a jar of already full sour pickles.
What youā€™re seeing is full alert 100% of the time. You cannot surprise or sneak up on a man who always suspects treachery. Winding them so tight is why they all have to undergo PERRES training so often.

If Sgt. Timmy is building a deck on his trailer for his fourth wife and bangs his thumb with a hammer he should:
A. Beat his children from his first marriage
B. Beat his children from his second marriage
C. Beat his third wife
D. Get drunk and ride his motorcycle in the rain to screw his new mistress

How can you, as his squad mate, talk to Sgt. Timmy about being resilient in his life and making good decisions?

I have a good friend retired from FR. Friendly guy youā€™ll ever meet. Saw him get pissed once. Glad I wasnā€™t in the splatter zone.

Rubbed elbows with many from all branches. Anyone that earns the tab/badge gets respect for that alone...but as a bonfire hero once said, ā€œScratch the paint on a hero and youā€™ll often find a dirtbag underneath.ā€
I served with a guy who would get leave, steal a car right off base in VA, drive it to his home state and ditch it, and do the same thing coming back. Straight up criminal, but actually very intelligent, and fucking fearless. He could have my 6 any day, but I wouldnā€™t trust that MFer out of uniform. In fact, I wouldnā€™t take my eyes off him. I wonder if he made it 20, or got kicked out. Itā€™s probably one or the other.

Here is my assessment. None of them are all that special. As groups there are some differences as a whole, but individually is where the "best" is. I got to go through a bunch of selections and requals where it was individuals from each of these groups, not one particular group was best, where most washed out. I've seen plenty of gold plated turds from all those groups as well. I worked with guys who are in prison for murder for hire, flying drugs across the country, and a host of other things. Others have careers now like running a giant coffee company or have huge shooting and gun ranges, or even their own very successful podcasts. Bottom line is that the "best" are individuals. If you want to see one, check out "Ninja" on the Sean Ryan podcast. I worked with him. I don't know anyone who would say a negative word about him.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Ten years ago I would have giving a different answer. That said, I'd say that the Air Force Combat Controller (CCT) is by far the most capable and dynamic SOCOM asset. They integrated seamlessly into Tier-One groups and switch between those DoD specific operators (often within the same week or month) and are never in the news (thank-god). Read up on John Chapman who was a combat controller in the United States Air Force who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor on August 22, 2018 after integrating with Seal Team (X) and saving their asses ("Alone at Dawn: Medal of Honor Recipient John Chapman and the Untold Story of the World's Deadliest Special Operations Force" by Dan Schilling).

JMHO

Used pass on my way to the range.

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: roostercogburn98

JMHO
As I'm sure we all have, I watched that video. Cant really describe the emotion it brings up. Maybe awe at the courage, and honor, his actions took.

John 15:13
King James Version

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.​

Reactions: Makinchips208

JMHO

That was true of the past generation. Now you are seeing a big change. Individual guys are still some of the best on the planet, but AFSOC is beyond fucked.

MARSOC or Rangers get my vote if you are comparing groups and not individuals.

Reactions: chopit
But as soon as he said the .50 can take off a limb by passing you I knew he was retarded.
No, no...you misunderstood. That was a .50 cal projectile of depleted uranium traveling at relativistic velocities...so fast there is actually time dilation. maybe .94 C (speed of light....not centigrade) LOL

And I did see that idiot vid posted above about those two jamokes trying to zero a gun. I'm no expert at all, but found it cringe worthy and pitiful. If you are going to look like a clown when shooting, don't record and post a vid of it. Right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ronws
That was true of the past generation. Now you are seeing a big change. Individual guys are still some of the best on the planet, but AFSOC is beyond fucked.

MARSOC or Rangers get my vote if you are comparing groups and not individuals.

Talked with friend at Hurlburt Field this morning. There is a push to remove the 105s from AC130s. It is a push to eliminate special operations from the AF. Similar to the resistance of big army to special forces in the early 60s. It is being driven by a four-star, a former wing commander and a few other woke fags who have embraced the whole diversity dildo. In their words, ā€œNo one is special.ā€. I guess it offends their self esteem. Reminds me of Shinseki and the whole beret BS.

Idiots cut big bucks from the AFSOC budget, then directed removal of the guns. Itā€˜s not a matter of simply removing the gun like dismounting a GAU-2 from a PAVEHAWK. It affects the entire aircraft. Estimate is 25 mil per bird.

I know a few very smart academy gradsā€¦and a slew of cocksucking career driven asshats.

• Angry
Reactions: Baron23

JMHO
Recently read that book and just saw his memorial last month when I was at Hurlburt. They did a really nice job on the memorial. Glad I read the book before I saw it.

Of course they are all capable. I live close to Bragg. Met and shot around a lot of SF and SOFD-D guys. The all are all unassuming, blend in with us local country rednecks and you would never know what they do....in my experience. Been to cookouts, fishing etc with guys from 7th and later 3rd. Mixed when them coaching high school shooting teams with all of our kids. All quiet professionals that look, act and behave like just regular guys when they are amongst the "locals". Nothing like that blow hard. I only know one AF combat contoller and one MARSOC fella. Same thing, confident enough that the majority of folks never know. That kind of quiet confidence knowing what they do always gets respect from me. I am sure there are A1 turds in all of them....capable turds but turds all the same. I haven't met any yet but they likely wouldn't be mixed in local family and school life either.

I had to laugh at the video. 300 yards? My kids kill deer that far consistently and super operator can't get on big steel.

Last edited:
Of course they are all capable. I live close to Bragg. Met and shot around a lot of SF and SOFD-D guys. The all are all unassuming, blend in with us local country rednecks and you would never know what they do....in my experience. Been to cookouts, fishing etc with guys from 7th and later 3rd. Mixed when them coaching high school shooting teams with all of our kids. All quiet professionals that look, act and behave like just regular guys when they are amongst the "locals". Nothing like that blow hard. I only know one AF combat contoller and one MARSOC fella. Same thing, confident enough that the majority of folks never know. That kind of quiet confidence knowing what they do always gets respect from me.

I had to laugh at the video. 300 yards? My kids kill deer that far consistently and super operator can't get on big steel.

Spent a good bit of time at Bragg back in the 80s and 90s on JRTs. Donā€™t think I was ever there and did not hear of a murder somewhere around Bragg BLVD.

Reactions: ggmanning
Iā€™ve shot with Nick at Rifles Only. He was an instructor at a train up before the Brawl or when Snipers Hide cup was still there. i Canā€™t remember which one it was. He seemed like a decent guy. But had heard he had changed since I met him.

Spring Lake area has grown up a lot. Not as bad as it used to be. The area N of Spring Lake has exploded. I don't go near either unless I have to but that includes any "city" really.