• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The New iDATABOOK FOR iPHONES

Re: The New iDATABOOK FOR iPHONES

Yes. Next platform it will be released on.

James, you have a good thing in the works. After talking with you out at the Cup, myself and the other FN shooters can't wait to see it up and running.

From the pre-historic 8541's

Daley

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. Next platform it will be released on. </div></div>

Yes!

That means I'm buying TWO so not only are they a good deal for $29.99, they're a good deal for $59.98!
grin.gif

Will you make a HD version to take advantage of the ipad screen size?

Yes. That will come shortly after the app is released.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. That will come shortly after the app is released. </div></div>

Will the HD be another paid version or will it be a free update to the iphone app?

What's the timeline lookin like for Droid phones? I'd be interested in this, doesn't seem like a bad price. I'll be keeping an eye on this...

Give me a day or so and I'll get a solid answer for you.

I just checked with the developer and it will be approx. 3 months after the release before the Droid version is out.

Any updates on this. I've been delaying getting a printed book. ???

The release should be soon. I'll see if I can get some more info on exactly when it is going to be released.

Awesome. I was telling my parents about the various ballistic programs available for the iThings last night. This will complete the package. Hopefully I will be able to download it on mid-tour and play with it a little bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiletto raggio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome. I was telling my parents about the various ballistic programs available for the iThings last night. This will complete the package. Hopefully I will be able to download it on mid-tour and play with it a little bit.

Does anyone else think this would be a great app to run on with a weak-forearm-mounted iPhone/iTouch holder? You could look at it while in (or close to) any shooting position and you don't have to worry about losing it if you have to move quickly. You could even put a velcro cover/shield on it to protect it and use a red plastic screen cover to reduce glare and night vision loss.

Actually, thinking about it, I think the cover should have a thin padding (split in the middle so it folds over easily) to it to protect the screen if the iThing gets bumped and the closures should be small magnets, not velcro, to be totally silent and less likely to pick things up. It would strap to the forearm like the playbook things that football players sometimes use. It would work best if the app detected the orientation of the iThing so it could be used with the screen either vertically or horizontally oriented. I think maybe I should draw aomsething up and start a new thread. </div></div>

I think the strong magnets and phone wouldn't work well together.

I think you may be right about the magnets. Maybe metal snaps like this, with two "male" parts to hold the flap closed and two more to hold it open.

Any updates on this? I've been holding off buying a printed book for a few weeks now. Are we talking 2 more weeks / a month?

Ok, we are fully involved in the testing phase. We are on build 6 right now waiting on 7. I apologize for this taking so long. You can follow the testing process on Facebook. I have given up on projecting a release date. Not going to release it till we have a good base to build off of. I will say that we are close. I've been testing now for a little over a month. We will need a few more testers for different areas on the globe concerning the range card. If you are interested, email me at [email protected] and I'll let you know if we already have someone testing in your neck of the woods.

Email sent. I'm a bit strapped for cash but am XBOX Generation and been using an iTouch in the field with KAC since it's beta. More than willing to help out where possible.
J

I would spend the 30 bucks. Hell, how many times does one just throw away 30 dollars. Hell I ordered 2 shemagahs 31.00 shipped. Do I need two, no. But I bought two...

This seems ridiculous....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf10t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This seems ridiculous.... </div></div>

You're ridiculous.

Yes! Post #1000!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf10t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This seems ridiculous.... </div></div>

Why post that? Seriously what help did that provide? Do you think anyone here cares about your opinion? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't post up your opinion of it, before it's even out.

God I hate people who tear down what others are trying to do. It's like your parents use to say when you were little "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf10t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This seems ridiculous.... </div></div>

You're ridiculous.

Yes! Post #1000!!!
</div></div>

bwahahah.

What's happening with this? Has it been cancelled? No Facebook page anymore?

Website seems to be down as well. I was looking forward for this product.

Website and FB page are working for me (now at least). The app looks pretty good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Website and FB page are working for me (now at least). The app looks pretty good. </div></div>
+1...working for me now.

According to his pages, the latest update from yesterday morning states:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think something happened with the publishing of this page. We are back on though. A quick update: Waiting on build #8. This build should include the server interface. According to the developer, 3 weeks out. Converting developer time into real time, who knows. We are close though.</div></div>

Testing is finally done. Look for it in about a week to a week and a half.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Testing is finally done. Look for it in about a week to a week and a half. </div></div>

Countdown for the Android version

idatabook is available for purchase in the App Store. Just went live about 5 min ago.

I downloaded it and started inputing some data from my book. Is there any way to increase the font on the pages? It's hard to read it's so small. Also, the pages are listed by date instead of by yardages. Is there a way to list them by date?
I looked but didn't see a tutorial anywhere. Anyone see one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just downloaded it, looks pretty good. I did not see a tutorial. </div></div>

I got an email from them saying that the tutorial will come out with the first update.

Cool app, 30 is steep, I like log books a little better, would be beneficial to a competition shooter though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like the price, buy it. Don't like the price, don't buy it. Internet drama....... pointless.</div></div>

+1

LB

Only five target choices? I was a nay sayer at beginning but figured I would try it out. As far as information storing goes I would say ok. But seriously, five target choices? Head, bullseye an some torso types. I really liked storm cold bore diamonds. I would think you could store a massive amount of targets on here, however i have never designed any software. Just a thought. Will continue to test.

More targets to come Deputy Dawg. Plus the option to upload your own.

I updated my iPhone with the latest OS and it seems even after syncing my databooks that all my data is lost. Anyone else have this problem?