• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new Quigley FORD scope

You can get it here: https://patents.google.com/patent/USD943050S1/en?oq=OP,+D943050

It is a design patent, not a utility patent. He basically patented what the sight picture looks like through the scope, i.e. the patent examiner, esteemed Mojtaba Tehrani who grants 98% percent of patents he sees, is either a blithering imbecile or simply didn't look at it.

Here is the entirety of the claim: "The ornamental design for a gun sight reticle, as shown and described"

The examiner looked at this BDC reticle and completely ignored the fact that it is as different looking from many other BDC reticles as swiss cheese is from another block of swiss cheese.

ILya

As always, a patent is only as good as your willingness and ability to enforce it. QF might be willing, but their actual ability is going to be lacking.

As always, a patent is only as good as your willingness and ability to enforce it. QF might be willing, but their actual ability is going to be lacking.
In defense of their patent, I will provide my services to the honorable Quigley Ford pro bono, good sir!

-
Montgomery Shambels VI, Barrister ESQ.

Last edited:
Workers prepare to make the glass:
l-intro-1610123213.jpg
I respectfully request the thread change to how awesome chinese food is...if I may.
Because that looks awesome.

Or maybe i am just hungry.

I respectfully request the thread change to how awesome chinese food is...if I may.
Because that looks awesome.

Or maybe i am just hungry.
I love me some chinese food too.

Reminds me of the first time I moved to Missouri and someone started screaming "CHIGGERS! I FUCKING HATE CHIGGERS!"

Being from Colorado, my response was "Its Asian-Americans, motherfucker. They said y'all was racist down here, but I didn't know it was gonna be so creative..."

Then the dude starts scratching his crotch area and I'm like "Did you get the clap down at the massage parlor or something?"

Do you need a patent when your idea sucks enough no one will knock it off?
In this case, the idea is perfectly reasonable, it is the implementation and the presentation that are a little questionable.

There are dual focal plane scopes out there and have been for a while. There are BDC scopes out there and have been for a while. I am not a big BDC fan, but you can make them work.

It is the shamelessness and the gall that are annoying.

ILya

In this case, the idea is perfectly reasonable, it is the implementation and the presentation that are a little questionable.

There are dual focal plane scopes out there and have been for a while. There are BDC scopes out there and have been for a while. I am not a big BDC fan, but you can make them work.

ILya
There’s nothing inherently wrong with a FFP bdc scope like a Burris 2-10 veracity as long as you understand that past 400 yards the errors will start to compound but I mean for a short range less than 400 yards hunting role, its decent. It’s also generally a 300-400$ scope and not 2000$
Also the huge distance markings on the QF reticle... it’s like these scopes are meant for boomers.

But yeah plenty of DFP scopes out there, pretty sure March has a 1-10 DFP. I’ve seen Burris 1-8 DFP and S&B 1-8.. so it’s not like it’s a new idea.

Reactions: lash

ILya
How I imagine @koshkin reacting to a QF scope that he discovers lounging atop one of his rifles.

75BEC784-7848-4268-A514-7060BB3F90C0.gif

ILya is represented by the painting, of course…

I think…

I hope…

I pray…

Last edited:
Rocket Mountain Elk Foundation called, they said they'll take 100 of em to raffle off.

I will also be calling to order one. Fuck a Tangent, I need this beast on my rifle. @MNTC, you do refunds on them shit tier Tangents? Clearly this QF scope is far superior and for 40% less, is a no brainer.

/s

Rocky Mountain elk foundation. Thanks for the tip. I have an island coming up in the Pacific maybe they’re interested.

Rocket Mountain Elk Foundation called, they said they'll take 100 of em to raffle off.

I will also be calling to order one. Fuck a Tangent, I need this beast on my rifle. @MNTC, you do refunds on them shit tier Tangents? Clearly this QF scope is far superior and for 40% less, is a no brainer.

/s
Yes, straight trade for a QF. Deal? Now where can I find these bad boys?

You elitist, condescending, douchebags couldn't bother to click on the link and therefore don't know what you are missing out on.....From the website..

5-20X50 Dual Focal Plane Scope​

$3,049.99

The ONLY long range scope that is built with dual focal plane capability (without electronics or batteries) to make it effective for both long range shots AND close up. Shooting in near dark conditions on lower power settings! (U.S. Patent #D943050)

Our patented dual focal plane scope provides a super bold second focal plane etched aiming point that stays prominent on all power settings PLUS a first focal plane reticle to provide the ability to shoot at any distance on any power. With this innovative combination a hunter in near darkness, using the lowest power setting (where the entire FFP portion of the reticle has disappeared), can still pick up an aiming point on an animal with ease.

That's right all you sub 100s that paid for NV can just eat it.

Yep a $30 chinesium scope , send me one I’ll test it on my 1960 12g pump - the one that lives in the shipping conex on the back 40 - it’s got a 16”barrel and y’all lucky to hit a barn from the inside with it , I’d love to do the write up , especially when the reticle busts loose - and of course show of my groups

Reactions: Yoteski
Always good to reread a classic now and again.
The sequal wasn’t as good as the first one though. They never are unless:
1691499081670.jpeg

For more reading enjoyment:

Reactions: LeftyJason
I've read the Buddly thread a couple years ago and seen QF mentioned mockingly for years but does anyone have a rundown of what the story is behind these? Just some scam artist who re-brands Chinese OEM scopes and up-sells them as premium?

I've read the Buddly thread a couple years ago and seen QF mentioned mockingly for years but does anyone have a rundown of what the story is behind these? Just some scam artist who re-brands Chinese OEM scopes and up-sells them as premium?
look at the reticles, 'features' and claims. then the price tag

aside from the whole putting a custom BDC to 1k yards and saying it's better than dialing thing

look at the reticles, 'features' and claims. then the price tag

aside from the whole putting a custom BDC to 1k yards and saying it's better than dialing thing
Oh no no I get all that lol. And I recognize the scope bodies as being a Chinese OEMs just from the turret tower assembly. I've just been wondering if anyone knew the full story on the company.

Reactions: b6graham
You can read the tale here:

Still not impressed? PT Barnum said it best.

Last edited:
Oh no no I get all that lol. And I recognize the scope bodies as being a Chinese OEMs just from the turret tower assembly. I've just been wondering if anyone knew the full story on the company.
They are the overpriced "school fundraising" candy bar/scented candle/cookie batter of the scope world.

Reactions: MarshallDodge