• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new "real" story of Osama's death.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Forget whatever you think you know about the night Osama bin Laden was killed. According to a former Navy SEAL who claims to have the inside track, the mangled tales told of that historic night have only now been corrected.

“It became obvious in the weeks evolving after the mission that the story that was getting put out there was not only untrue, but it was a really ugly farce of what did happen,” said Chuck Pfarrer, author of Seal Target Geronimo: The Inside Story of the Mission to Kill Osama Bin Laden.

In an extensive interview with The Daily Caller, Pfarrer gave a detailed account of why he believes the record needed to be corrected, and why he set out to share the personal stories of the warriors who penetrated bin Laden’s long-secret compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

In August the New Yorker delivered a riveting blow-by-blow of the SEALs’ May 1, 2011 raid on bin Laden’s hideaway. In that account, later reported to lack contributions from the SEALs involved, readers are taken through a mission that began with a top-secret helicopter crashing and led to a bottom-up assault of the Abbottabad compound.

Freelancer Nicholas Schmidle wrote that the SEALs had shot and blasted their way up floor-by-floor, finally cornering the bewildered Al-Qaida leader:

“The Al Qaeda chief, who was wearing a tan shalwar kameez and a prayer cap on his head, froze; he was unarmed. ‘There was never any question of detaining or capturing him—it wasn’t a split-second decision. No one wanted detainees,’ the special-operations officer told me. (The Administration maintains that had bin Laden immediately surrendered he could have been taken alive.) Nine years, seven months, and twenty days after September 11th, an American was a trigger pull from ending bin Laden’s life. The first round, a 5.56-mm. bullet, struck bin Laden in the chest. As he fell backward, the SEAL fired a second round into his head, just above his left eye.”

Chuck Pfarrer rejects almost all of that story.

“The version of the 45-minute firefight, and the ground-up assault, and the cold-blooded murder on the third floor — that wasn’t the mission,” Pfarrer told TheDC.

“I had to try and figure out, well, look: Why is this story not what I’m hearing? Why is it so off and how is it so off?” he recounted. “One of the things I sort of determined was, OK, somebody was told ‘one of the insertion helicopters crashed.’ OK, well that got muddled to ‘a helicopter crashed on insertion.’”

The helicopters, called “Stealth Hawks,” are inconspicuous machines concealing cutting-edge technology. They entered the compound as planned, with “Razor 1″ disembarking its team of SEALs on the roof of the compound — not on the ground level. There was no crash landing. That wouldn’t occur until after bin Laden was dead.

Meanwhile, “Razor 2″ took up a hovering position so that its on-board snipers, some of whom had also participated in the sea rescue of Maersk Alabama captain Richard Phillips, had a clear view of anyone fleeing the compound.

The SEALs then dropped down from the roof, immediately penetrated the third floor, and hastily encountered bin Laden in his room. He was not standing still.

“He dived across the king-size bed to get at the AKSU rifle he kept by the headboard,” wrote Pfarrer in his book. It was at that moment, a mere 90 seconds after the SEALs first set foot on the roof, that two American bullets shattered bin Laden’s chest and head, killing a man who sought violence to the very end.

President Obama stepped up to a podium in the East Room of the White House that night to announce bin Laden’s death. That rapid announcement, explained Pfarrer, posed a major threat to U.S. national security.

“There was a choice that night,” Pfarrer told TheDC. “There was a choice to keep the mission secret.” America, Pfarrer explained, could have left things alone for “weeks or months … even though there was evidence left on the ground there … and use the intelligence and finish off al-Qaida.”

But Obama’s announcement, he said, “rendered moot all of the intelligence that was gathered from the nexus of al-Qaida. The computer drives, the hard drives, the videocasettes, the CDs, the thumb drives, everything. Before that could even be looked through, the political decision was made to take credit for the operation.”

And in the days that followed, as politicians sought to thrust their identities into the details of the bin Laden kill, the tale began to grow out of control, said Pfarrer.

“The president made a statement, and as far as that goes, that was fine, that was the mission statement,” he explained. “But, soon after … politicians began leaking information from every orifice. And it was like a game of Chinese telephone. These guys didn’t know what they were talking about. Very few of them had even seen the video feed.”

Pfarrer suggests that much of the misinformation was likely born out of operational ignorance, even among those sitting in the White House.

“One of the things that happened was that there were only a handful of people who know about this mission,” he said. “On the civilian side, there were only a handful of people in the situation room who were watching the drone feed. They were looking at the roof of a building taken from a rotating aircraft at 35,000 feet.”

“None of those guys, not a single one of them, had a background in special operations, with the exception of General Webb who was sitting there running a laptop,” Pfarrer went on. “No one knew or could even imagine what was going on inside the building. They didn’t know.”

“There was an alternative feed going to CIA headquarters where Leon Panetta sat there with the communications brevity codes [a guide sheet for the mission's radio lingo] in his lap and a SEAL off-screen by his side to be able to tell him what was going on,” he said. “But these guys, none of them, really knew what they were looking at.”

As the media raised more questions, officials gave more answers.

Whether or not bin Laden resisted ultimately developed into a barrage of murky official and unofficial explanations in the days following. And statements from as high as then-CIA Director Leon Panetta offered confirmation that the endeavor was a “kill mission.”

Pfarrer dismisses that assertion.

“An order to go in and murder someone in their house is not a lawful order,” explained Pfarrer, who maintains that bin Laden would have been captured had he surrendered. “Unlike the Germans in World War II, if you’re a petty officer, a chief petty officer, a naval officer, and you’re giving an order to murder somebody, that’s an unlawful order.”

Pfarrer also suggests some of the emerging claims were simply self-aggrandizing “fairy tales.”

“The story they tried to tell — it’s preposterous. And the CIA tried to jump in. About mid-June the CIA tried to jump into the car and drive the victory lap. There’s this whole stuff about the CIA guy joining the operation, the gallant interpreter — he couldn’t even fast rope!” exclaimed Pfarrer, referring to a technique for descending from an airborne helicopter.

“There’s this fairy tale about him walking out of the compound during the operation to tell crowds of Pakistanis to go home and everything’s OK.”

Pfarrer tried to put this in perspective: “Do you mean that during the middle of this military operation at night, with hovering helicopters over this odd house in this neighborhood, that people came out of their houses to ask what’s going on, instead of [remaining] huddled in their basement?”

“And I think that there were so many of these leaks that were incorrect, the administration couldn’t walk them all back,” Pfarrer explained. “And so, in the middle of May, they froze everything.”

It was that freeze-out that left Chuck Pfarrer with nowhere to turn for the real story but the SEALs themselves.

Seal Target Geronimo delivers an account of the night Osama bin Laden died with a level of detail unlike anything previously reported. Pfarrer bills the story as “absolutely factual.”

“That’s the other thing. I’m prepared for the White House to say, you know, ‘this is full of inaccuracies,’ et cetera,” offered Pfarrer. He told TheDC that in order to protect American interests, his book is “full of names that are made up, and it is full of bases that are not quite where they really should be.”

“But the timeline of my events,” he cautions, “and the manner in which it happened is 100 percent accurate. And they’ll know that.”

Re: The new "real" story of Osama's death.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    100 percent accurate
    </div></div>

Honestly, I don't think we'll ever get the 'real' story but I believe this guy more than the White House. How do we even know he's really dead and not just vacationing on some private island... we as the public didn't deserve the verification pics so who's to say any of it is real.

I swear it is him in town here running a Chinese Restuarant!! The 6'6" gent is always whispering on his cell phone and asking me how big of a machine gun I can mount in the back of my Toyota PU???? Just coincidence??? I think not!!!!
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted .308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's probably in the Oval Office bangin' Meecheel right now ........ </div></div>

cigar.jpg

well surrendered or not, if I was the Seal that came face to face with BinLaden, I prolly would have shot him as well. I would hate to know that he would have come to the United States, Prolly tried in New York aftyer 10 yrs of the best medical treatment, and made a Celiberty hero to more like him. Not to mention we would have to deal with the Lilybrals in the Media and Hollyweird outcrying. I say give the seal that shot him the 100mil reward and the M.o.H.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    100 percent accurate
    </div></div>

How do we even know he's really dead </div></div>

I have thought this from the beginning. He didnt leave there dead, he might be now, but I would bet my last dollar someone got to play the "how much electricity can osamas body take" game, or whatever the preferred method of interrogation is.

We definitely will never hear the real story. Names will be changed to protect people. Special tactics and technological capabilities will not be revealed so that people cannot prepare and defend against them. Decisions with possible negative consequences will remain ambiguous so that the decision makers will not be blamed one way or the other.

I would not put it past the New Yorker to write a story with the best information they had, filling in some holes, ultimately rushing it, and adding institutional bias, all in order to have a timely story that sells more issues and subscriptions to their target audience.

I also would not put it past a US Navy Seal to fudge a few things if doing so protected the people and the mission. If any of us were honored enough to be a team member, would we not do the same? Operational security and personal security demand it.

In fact, I would expect these things.

I find it hard to believe any member of the SEAL team would divulge any kind of sensitive information to anyone. They are the only ones who know what happened that night. As long as bin laden is gone, mission accomplished.

I recently read Chuck Pfarrer's book 'Warrior Soul". He is a past member of SEAL #6, so he just might be able to make an educated guess as to their M.O.. I will read his book when it comes out, as I'm sure it will be as well written as W.S.. He was also the screenwriter for "Darkman", "The Jackal", "Red Planet", "Virus", "Hard Target" and "Navy Seals".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    bsflag.gif
    </div></div>

hey arctic can you send me the link for the flag plz

Why not just right-click the image and click on "copy image URL"? You can then paste it into a browser page and see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hStiglitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently read Chuck Pfarrer's book 'Warrior Soul". He is a past member of SEAL #6, so he just might be able to make an educated guess as to their M.O.. I will read his book when it comes out, as I'm sure it will be as well written as W.S.. He was also the screenwriter for "Darkman", "The Jackal", "Red Planet", "Virus", "Hard Target" and "Navy Seals". </div></div>

I would think those movies being credited to that guy would be reason enough NOT to read his book...

I guess the point I was trying to make is that the guy DOES know how to tell a good story. What a movie turns out to be can't be blamed on the screenwriter, his story is just a vague guideline for what the director actually delivers. The only movie on that list I HAVE seen was "Navy SEALS', and that seems like it was 20 yrs ago. Pfarrer's military record speaks for itself.

I can just imagine our leadership, "Seal Team 6 is on the phone and asking if we want him as a prisoner. What do you think, Michelle? I don't know either. I'll tell them to call Reverend Wright. He was a marine, or something."

I would have a hard time remembering where I read it, but, the source stated that BHO had deferred the decision to actually "Go" to Panetta (?) on the advice of Valerie "What's-her-name", in case the mission went FUBAR. BHO was supposedly flown back to the Situation Room from the golf course by helo while the Team was inbound. That supposedly was why he was so casually dressed for such a momentous occassion. Does anyone else remember such reports shortly after the fact?

“An order to go in and murder someone in their house is not a lawful order,” explained Pfarrer, who maintains that bin Laden would have been captured had he surrendered. “Unlike the Germans in World War II, if you’re a petty officer, a chief petty officer, a naval officer, and you’re giving an order to murder somebody, that’s an unlawful order.”

What????
    Since when is it not a lawful order? See that house? There are enemy combatants inside. Go in and kill them.
    Illegal order? Really?
    This guy may have been a seal at one time in his life, but he is not one now. For sure.

Like I said, unless the guy that pulled the trigger writes the book, it's probably stolen valor.

If you were on that mission and opened your mouth to a publisher, former SEAL or not, you'd be sitting in jail right now.

I HIGHLY doubt this is anything other than speculation on HIS part based on HIS training.

The answers you seek are in the Chicago Tribune from the edition released the 17th Sunday of 1958. Page 8. Paragraph 1 on the largest story on the page. Second line. Third word, forming an anagram.

Spec-Ops Command: SEAL raid book 'a lie'

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Spec-Ops-Command-SEAL-raid-book-a-lie-2269615.php

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Special Operations Command is calling a former Navy SEAL's book bogus over its claims to describe the "real" version of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

"It's just not true," U.S. Special Operations Command spokesman Col. Tim Nye said. "It's not how it happened."

Laden with conspiracy theories and attacks on the Obama White House, Chuck Pfarrer's "SEAL Target Geronimo" claims an alternative version of the raid in which the SEAL team shot bin Laden within 90 seconds of arriving at the Pakistan compound where the al-Qaida mastermind was holed up.

Pfarrer claims the White House issued a fictional and damaging account of the raid that made the SEALs looks inept. He says President Barack Obama's speedy acknowledgement of the raid was a craven political move that rendered much of the intelligence gathered on the raid useless.

Pfarrer's account broke into Amazon's top 20 book sales list last week, and Pfarrer has appeared on Fox News, CNN and in other venues to promote it.

"I have truth on my side," Pfarrer said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I spoke to the guys on the ground and in the secondary bird," he said, referring to the aircraft full of a second SEAL team that was there to rescue the first if it came under attack so far inside Pakistan's borders.

"This is a fabrication," Nye countered, issuing an on-the-record denial on behalf of Navy SEAL Adm. Bill McRaven, who took command of all special operations this summer.

In his previous role, McRaven oversaw the raid in May as head of the military's elite counterterrorism unit, the Joint Special Operations Command. Nye said McRaven was concerned the book would lead Americans to doubt the administration's version of events.

"We have never come forward and gone after an author and say, 'that is a lie,'" Nye said. "That tells you how far off the mark we believe this book is."

Nye says Pfarrer had no access to any troops connected to the mission. He said there will be no investigation into whether individual SEALs spoke to Pfarrer because his account is so off-base.

Among his other claims, Pfarrer insists the stealth helicopter that the White House said crashed within moments of launching the raid actually crashed later. He says the SEALs were able to launch their raid as they'd planned it, by landing atop the building while another team surged from below.

Pfarrer also said the way the White House described the SEALs shooting bin Laden — that he was unarmed but trying to evade them — is "murder." He said his version, which has bin Laden reaching for a gun, makes the killing legal.

Officials involved in the raid say Pfarrer is out of date on the post-9/11 laws of war, which sanction targeting al-Qaida with deadly force.

Pfarrer defended the book as a patriotic way to laud the "heroes of the bin Laden mission." He said the money he earns will barely cover his medical bills for a long and losing battle with colon cancer. His ruddy complexion and expansive girth belie an illness the personable Pfarrer says has now spread to his lungs.

Pfarrer claims he is still part of the fighting SEAL network, even intimating that he was part of the bin Laden raid preparation.

"In the weeks and months leading up to Neptune's Spear (the code name for the bin Laden mission), it was my privilege to help troops and platoons train for submissions and run parallel HVT (high-value target) missions," Pfarrer writes.

"That is categorically incorrect," spokesman Nye said. "He was not involved in mission planning, execution or close mission analysis."

Pfarrer responded that he conducted training for the SEAL Team 6's parent organization, the Naval Special Warfare Command through his defense security company Acme Ballistics. He refused to describe how it was related to the raid, saying the contracts are classified.

Pfarrer frequently claims that his accounts come from a top secret world, and that a reader must take his word on faith.

But Pfarrer gets a multitude of facts wrong in describing events that are part of the public record.

For instance, Pfarrer states that Obama appointed McRaven as the first Navy SEAL to head JSOC in April of this year. McRaven was actually appointed to that post in early 2008 by President George W. Bush. He states that the Army Special Forces Green Berets were established in 1962, instead of 1952. When U.S. special operations forces rehearsed for the famous Son Tay Raid in Vietnam in 1970, they trained at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida, not Offutt in Nebraska.

And a jet bombing run, not a drone strike, killed Iraqi al-Qaida ringleader Abu Musab al Zarqawi in 2006.

Special operations leaders have stepped forward to say Pfarrer is at best misinformed and at worst a profiteering self-promoter.

"The reaction is stunned, chagrined, disappointment," said retired Navy SEAL Rear Adm. George Worthington.

Pfarrer has made a two-decade career in Hollywood with books and screenplays taken from his roughly eight years as a junior officer with the SEALs. His current book includes romantic descriptions of the SEAL raiders.

"When a room is entered, SEALs go into a state like satori — a wide-awake Zen consciousness," Pfarrer wrote. "All of the SEAL's senses are magnified."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Sp...p#ixzz1doJSzKL1
    </div></div>

Re: Spec-Ops Command: SEAL raid book 'a lie'

I saw that today, I am calling BS on this guy - no SEAL in their right mind would talk to someone and risk going to prison after giving away class information.