• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new trend started this week,

I like the idea of a script or something that automatically bans anyone asking for a refund on what is clearly labeled as a donation. Then if they had a legitimate reason to get a refund, they can maybe request an appeal, and maybe, just maybe, that appeal message might not go to your trashcan immediately. :p

I use the PX a lot here. I don’t use the training nearly as much as I want to, but I leave it active perpetually. The months that I don’t watch any of the training videos, I just think of it as a donation to use a site that has unlimited knowledge and lots of great deals from mostly great people. It would be well worth a modest to moderate monthly/yearly fee to me and I’m sure I’m not alone.

I think a pay for view section that has these pissants posts/email/PM's or whatever that hit the report button. The whiny bitching. The ones that are about to get cat slapped.
I am sure I've missed something.

How about recruiting some volunteer mods to help alleviate the burden?

Hard to believe the HMIC is still troubled with petty squabbling and peasants complaints. Delegate that shit.

One would think he would be focused on the vision of where this place is headed tomorrow and not yesterday's problems.

Reactions: deersniper
Has nothing to do with Mods,

they email and when Mods do things and I don't know about, just means I have to chase it down

This is not a forum issue as much as a reach out to the site one

It's just like this week, I member was permanently banned for a PX Problem, it's been a year, they email asking to come back.

Whether I do it, a Mod does it, or whatever, the site will get emailed

Many on here consider ME, just a Moderator and often don't understand the dynamic so they try to end run me to reach management but the emails to management come to me

I dont assume to know how any of this works but it sort of sounds like the growing pains of a business going from small to large. Seems like you should have some guys between you low lever issues and shouldn't be concerned with any of these smaller things unless you choose to or unless the mods have a problem it would get escalated to you.

It would require an email change and then someone to manage emails

Lost passwords,
Misspelled emails and user names
user name changes
rejected account disputes
general bs questions via email

I would have to assign a mod the email and then make it so they get it

it's sort of a service department but most of the issues are fixing members mistakes

which comes full circle, mistakes in Upgrades, Oh I meant a PX account and thought the $20 would do it

What if it was a generic email that multiple mods could access and that way you could all chip away at the problems together. Or can they be funneled into their own forum topic threads that any mod can click on, view, and resolve.

Or can you separate by the type of issue people have they get sent to different emails or assigned mods inbox?

I can pretty much do anything,

the issue is, it will fundamentally change things for the squeaky wheels

I can make any number of email addresses, and issue them out, change the stuff under the hood to link them

but now we are getting in a weird territory of handing over control to a host of others, which really should not be doing this level of work

I'm sure there some things that you could trust to certain people and not be bothered with. PX disputes, hurt feelings, and larry for example.

You manage the high level operations of how things work like the money and security.

I have no idea how many issues you deal with but I envision reports all gets funneled into it's own admin forum as a new thread where all your mods can look at all the current issues. Each can be marked as resolved similar to [sold] and even post under it as notes if neccesary.

On one site I used to moderate, there was a tiered system of mods. Super mods (only a handful) could delete , unlock accounts, reset passwords, etc.. "Regular" moderators could only park threads/posts in a parking lot of sorts. It removed them temporarily from the public view, but didn't delete them. It worked reasonably well, and was a way of delegating work, while still having a degree of control.

I vote for BANCAT and Thanos gauntlet to make more appearances...

But I never have been accused of being smart, level headed, or calm...