• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors The NEW XDM 45 ACP **Review**

bpsc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
MISSOURI
100_0872.jpg

Yes after much anticipation,And even giving up hope to even see one in person The Springfield XDM 45 ACP has arrived and we got our grubby paws on it.
The XDM 45 ACP in my mind was like "Bigfoot" people talk about it,You see pictures of it,And even when I saw it myself I couldnt believe it at first.

We have handled and owned both the XDM40 and XDM9 extensively
and are quite familiar with both pistols.
To fund the purchase of the XDM45,The XDM9 was sold, That was a sad day almost as if you lost a child.
frown.gif

Springfields Quality and Craftsmanship in the XDM models are Superb.
All of the these pistols are manufactured in Croatia.
With this in mind the MSRP average of $650.00 was payed without even blinking an eye.
IMG00335-20100713-1527.jpg

Upon opening our box we were greeted with a familiar sight, Standard for all XDM models.
1)Mag holder
2)Mag Loader
3)security lock
4)Holster
5)Pistol
6)Two Magazines
7)Custom palm grips
When we purchased the XDM40 when it was Introduced You filled out a proof of purchase,Mailed it back to Springfield and they sent you an free Magazine with hard container with extra goodies.
Not so with the XDM 45 ACP.
IMG00337-20100713-1529.jpg

Visually you expect a major difference in size between the 40 and 45, At Glance you cant even tell.
Noticably the only change has been chevron style grips in the slide.Both styles are pleasing to the eye.
Handling the New XDM 45 ACP I picked up on the feel of the slightly larger handle.
If you never handled both weapons on a constant basis, Again you would probably never notice.
From the Handle up the 45 it identical to the others.There are slight modifications to interior components(polished feed ramps etc..)
frames and slides will interchange. Although this is NOT recommended we are checking tolerence levels between models.
The ONLY exception to this was the 9mm and .40cal,As the 9mm had a green frame and I would interchange tops and bottoms depending on what mood I was in.
wink.gif

IMG00338-20100713-1531.jpg

The XDM 45 ACP Will fit any holster an XD or other XDM models will fit in.
IMG00340-20100713-1536.jpg

XDM40 XDM45
MAGAZINE WIDTH .864 .953
MAGAZINE FRONT-BACK 1.255 1.385
MAGAZINE LENGTH 4.85 4.85

BARREL THICKNESS .095 .071
BARREL DIA.FRONT .590 .590
BARREL DIA.MIDDLE .582 .582

GRIP THICKNESS 1.185 1.260
GRIP FRONT-BACK(CENTER GRIP) 2.065 2.115
GRIP LENGTH(RAIL -BOTTOM-CENTER) 4.5 4.5

GRIP THICKNESS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO MODELS IS ONLY .075
GRIP FRONT TO BACK BETWEEN THE TWO MODELS IS ONLY .050
IMG00346-20100713-1538.jpg

IMG00351-20100713-1545.jpg

IMG00356-20100713-1552.jpg

IMG00350-20100713-1541.jpg

IMG00358-20100713-1651.jpg

100 rounds of magtech 45ACP was what we had on hand to test fire.
13+1 rounds, weight difference was not noticble.
Not quite as quick or snappy as the 9 or 40 But we were really splitting hairs at this point,This was just due to target aquisition and getting back on the sights.
The XDM 45 performed great as expected, Muscle memory told you you were holding an XDM40 or XDM9 until you pulled the trigger.
Trigger pull was slightly longer than the other models,This can be fine tuned at a later date and is in no way a turn off for this pistol.
Conclusion: Springfield has a flavor for everybody now,And whatever they decide to come up with next we will play with that too.
grin.gif

url]

url]

Re: The NEW XDM 45 ACP **Review**

Nice review, you mentioned about fine tuning the trigger to reduce the pull. By chance did you do this to any of your Xdm's yet? I'm currently thinking about getting a kit to reduce the trigger pull for my Xdm .40

You can send the pistol to SA for a factory trigger job that wont void the warranty. I think its $225. You can also send it to Spinger Precision as I did for a trigger job. Improves weight, overtravel, reset.

Oh, and I forgot to say, Great Review!

Love my XDm 9mm. Got lots of extra parts in it now including Springer Precision trigger job, SS recoil spring guide rod, Aluminum spriker spring guide rod, Dawson fiber optic up front, skate board tape.....

Great review. Hope they come out with one in Dark earth or
od.

Been tempted by those XD's, grip is just right.....

Great review been thinking about trading in one of the Glocks for one. Thanks...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great review been thinking about trading in one of the Glocks for one. Thanks... </div></div>

Keep and carry the Glock. Get the XDm if you like, they are great guns but that grip safety?? Rules out carry for me.

Remember XDm is a MATCH style pistol, and serves that role perfectly.
It is also a fine Duty weapon. I put 100 to 200 rounds a month through mine at IDPA type and 2-Gun matches,The triggers will ease up on their own after time,Unless you are completely OCD about triggers I would leave them alone.They work very well as is.
NOW as far as a carry weapon I dont carry the XDms ( it stays in the truck). Im a 170lbs and concealed means concealed,The XDm will imprint on me.
Glock is fine carry pistol so are the XD compacts.
always keep in mind what your going to use your pistol for before you buy one.
You dont want to end up with a Safe or Dresser Queen.
My all time favorite pistol is my Ruger Mark111..Why? you ask...Because I can shoot ALL day long! and thats FUN!
Thanks for the commentary.