• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Mine holds temp within 2*. If I'm using it and it starts raining, the temp will drop <5* and within a couple of minutes it's right back to the setting.
I also appreciate the extra stainless on mine because of all the salt air around here.
The bull horns are just a nice touch...

I did buy two bags of their blended pellets but the Traeger pellets give a bit more smoke. They also cost a shit ton more.

The unit that is the next size up from mine has a smoke stack on the right side instead of rear vents. I'm not sure if that makes any difference though.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Made a batch of beef, cheese and black bean enchiritos.
Topped with enchilada sauce, green chilies and cheese. Baked at 375 for 20 minutes.

20190621_181949.jpg

Gonna wash them down with these.

20190621_180034.jpg

If you guys find the need for added smoke in pellet grills I have used one of these for years. Kind of a PITA but they work. After looking at several pics it looks like a "who has the shittiest looking drip tray" thread is needed.
Amzn.JPG

If you guys find the need for added smoke in pellet grills I have used one of these for years. Kind of a PITA but they work. After looking at several pics it looks like a "who has the shittiest looking drip tray" thread is needed.View attachment 7103932

Ha !! No Shit, Right? I was gonna change out the foil but I was doing a Teriyaki marinade that was gonna be one helluva mess.

20190701_182215.jpg
20190701_200108.jpg

If you guys find the need for added smoke in pellet grills I have used one of these for years. Kind of a PITA but they work. After looking at several pics it looks like a "who has the shittiest looking drip tray" thread is needed.View attachment 7103932
I use their pellet maze. Works great. Never tried the tube. Currently smoking a burger for the doc.

Reactions: S Roche and 1J04
It's pretty darn good. Cut about a half inch thick slice and slice a nice ripe garden tomato and plate it. Or a nice thick slice on fresh sourdough bread with lettuce and tomato. Like a Red Robbin commercial...YUMMMM!!!
How is that smoked bologna? I’ve never seen that before.

Ok so we did the Kabobs again, and they were de-lish, again.

20190707_195329.jpg
20190707_195539.jpg

Then some simple Brauts.

20190708_220622.jpg
20190708_221646.jpg

20190708_224923.jpg

And for you OCD sufferers, I went ahead and fixed the issue. It was bugging the hell outta me.

20190708_225030.jpg

?

I swear I'm gonna change out the foil tonight!

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
No Kraut on brawts! Don’t know if I have ever done that. Reminds me I need to make some here soon. Cant beat the homemade stuff.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
Says a dead man.....

A brat with kraut, grilled onions, and good stone ground mustard on a grilled roll with tater salad (with bacon) washed down with cold beer is just about perfect.

Had brats tonight. Hungry for em again. Also now jonesing for kabobs.

May make kabobs on Sunday with my good friend @Drj who is a new Hider.
Dont mind he is a homo. Behind home plate kind..... ????

It's Sunday, I had time, so we decided ribs should be on the menu today.

RecTec set at 2-fitty.

Coated and placed on the smoker.

20190714_121153.jpg

Two hours later...

20190714_133546.jpg

I missed the three hour pic because my hands were messy from wrapping them into foil with cider, butter, honey and brown sugar.

2hr wait time.

Pulling them out of the foil in 20 minutes for an uncovered finish for another hour.
I'll take a couple more pics.

I had to clean my drip tray this morning. Cooking burgers leaves a weird smell.

Reactions: S Roche and 1J04
End of hour five. Pulled them out of the foil a few minutes ago. This is the last one.
It broke placing it back on the smoker.

20190714_165104.jpg

The broken one is all the way in the back.

20190714_165314.jpg

Added some jalapeno snausages from Texas an hour ago.
In 30 minutes the ribs will get a light coating of BBQ sauce.

Pics to follow.

Reactions: 1J04
Working on dinner tonight, fried okra, corn on the Cobb (thinking about bacon wrapping and smoking some of that), and a couple racks of ribs... YUM!!

Reactions: timesublime
I suppose I’ve been putting grillin pictures in the wrong thread... starting some beef back ribs now. Baby treager is holding pretty good temps now. This will be he first smoked piece I’ve done in it.
EF7454BA-46A5-482D-921C-E68E6EAF6A58.jpeg

Says a dead man.....

A brat with kraut, grilled onions, and good stone ground mustard on a grilled roll with tater salad (with bacon) washed down with cold beer is just about perfect.

Had brats tonight. Hungry for em again. Also now jonesing for kabobs.

May make kabobs on Sunday with my good friend @Drj who is a new Hider.
Dont mind he is a homo. Behind home plate kind..... ????

Brats browned in a pan then slow cooked in a light brown gravy, red cabbage, spätzle, plenty of good german mustard...….silence as all in attendance shovel it in.
Brats browned in the pan, fried onions topped with a little bit of that gravy, a good sandwich roll toasted of course, more of that good german mustard and a large bib.
Let us not forget large mugs of very cold lagers..... enjoy the noise of folks chowing down.

Left over beans.

So cooked pinto beans with ham hocks and smoked pork neck bones, a wax pepper a jalapeno, garlic and onions.
Nice!

Day 3 of leftovers devided to make refried beans. Drain broth add more fajitas spice and butter instead of lard.
Heat , mash and fry a little.

Made into nachos.

20190810_210446.jpg

Reactions: Barneybdb