• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Looks perfect. Very nice job right there. Just did up some New York's with Mr Nichols Steak Rub and a pat o butter at the end. Shoulda done a pic of the inside's after resting. Absolutely perfect. So impressed "again" with that blend of spices. The whole family was very happy with them. ;)

9qZ3G88.jpg

ShYfjik.jpg

RMS (my new acronym for him) and 1J04, both look freakin awesome! Well done fellas! Gotta waterfall going in the back of my mouth.

Poor me. I have to make do with a Sullivan's, a Ruth's Chris, and a Capital Grille.

I thought capital grille was just in Atlanta. Everything I've had there was great. Not a Ruth's Chris fan.

2-1/2 lb or so rib-eye.

Attachments

• photo64388.jpg
    photo64388.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 43
  • photo64389.jpg
    photo64389.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 42
  • photo64390.jpg
    photo64390.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 47
  • photo64391.jpg
    photo64391.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 50
  • photo64392.jpg
    photo64392.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Carnitas tacos with mango salsa

Attachments

• photo64397.jpg
    photo64397.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 35
  • photo64398.jpg
    photo64398.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 38
  • photo64396.jpg
    photo64396.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 40
If you're ever in the DFW metroplex, give Hard Eight BBQ a try. Running real pits on green Oak, they offer brisket, ribs, hot links, chicken, etc... They don't over power it with rub, just let time and smoke do the work. Be careful as you purchase by weight. Sides are fine, but I don't care much as their meat is top notch.

IMG_3955.JPG

It's hotter than two rats fucking in a wool sock as you wait in line, (I'd estimate 115+ degrees F), but well worth it.

IMG_4406.JPG

Gonna be a late one, but it's my Friday so it's ok. ;) Cheap T-Bones but they'll be fine. :p

330Cg8B.jpg

skewers. this was from a few days ago but pork and lamb with a hint of saffron, salt pepper and Mediterranean spice rub.

today we did skewered: kurobuta pork chunks, chicken teriyaki (real stuff), beef chunks and some shitakes. all glazed with a soy mirin sauce constantly over super high temps.

Attachments

• photo64819.jpg
    photo64819.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 31
From the Carries Invisible Watermelons Under The Arms Brigade, PNW detachment ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dV0BgYyzda8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dune, that looks great and is an all-time favorite here too. The eggs and meat can be done a number of different ways, for variety. Are you making a standard Hollandaise sauce, or is that "something different"?

We vastly prefer 'scratch cooking' here on the corner, but haven't exactly found the perfect "english muffin" recipe for our liking yet. "Extra-Crispy-Sourdough" is my leaning....

skewers. this was from a few days ago but pork and lamb with a hint of saffron, salt pepper and Mediterranean spice rub.

today we did skewered: kurobuta pork chunks, chicken teriyaki (real stuff), beef chunks and some shitakes. all glazed with a soy mirin sauce constantly over super high temps.

Looks and sounds amazing. Haven't done Skewers for a long time. Gonna have to revisit this now my mouth is watering. ;)

From the Carries Invisible Watermelons Under The Arms Brigade, PNW detachment ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dV0BgYyzda8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not Funny. :confused: But Nom. ;)

Not Funny. :confused: But Nom. ;)

It only got to the point of departure. After getting mixed with that ghetto béchamel, it should have been turned into a baking pan, bread crumb-topped, and baked.

Dune, that looks great and is an all-time favorite here too. The eggs and meat can be done a number of different ways, for variety. Are you making a standard Hollandaise sauce, or is that "something different"?

We vastly prefer 'scratch cooking' here on the corner, but haven't exactly found the perfect "english muffin" recipe for our liking yet. "Extra-Crispy-Sourdough" is my leaning....

We like the extra crispy type sourdough muffins. The Hollandaise sauce is standard fair. We have found there is a window of enjoyment for my eggs Benedict. They cool off a little not as good.

Nothing overly special here.

We went scalloping Saturday out of the Crystal River area.

Water was clear, but had about a foot of chop. Made the snorkle pretty useless, so I did the manatee breathing thing.
At high tide, the water was about 7.5' deep. The salinity level was very high and it made me feel like a balloon in the water. You had to kick all the way to the bottom, or you would get tugged back up very quickly.
Caught a decent amount, but we didn't limit out.
Now to the nom, nom part.
Rebecca took 2/3 of the catch and made civiche. Lime juice, orange slices photo66531.jpgphoto66532.jpg and orange juice, onion, a small jalapenó, avocado and a couple more things I don't remember.
Served that with pita chips.

Took the rest, chopped up a couple slices of bacon. Cooked the bacon part of the way through, then added red pepper flakes and the scallops with some black pepper.
Took a couple of small flat iron steaks and popped them on the grill until they were rare, and voilá.

Forgot to mention the bowl of rabbit food....

That looks great, even the rabbit food! Nothing at all wrong with a salad of leaf lettuce, apples and some balsamic vinegar.

Just finished eating this bad boy: 2.5lb sirloin cut for me by the nice guys at Publix. Cooked it over some aged and green oak vs charcoal.

IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 35
Thanks guys. The kitchen has been one of the last things to come together on this move. We've been living on delivery and drive thru for a few weeks. I finally had enough and at least grilled some meat. Probably still the better part of a week away from actually cooking in the house, but as hot as it is I'm not in a huge hurry to stand in front of a stove.

As a friend of mine sez, had to go enjoy some Beer n Bait after the Doc visit. The Hamachi was AMAZING. Damn good Uni and Maguro as well.

Cj7K0tD.jpg

w5FgoGl.jpg

As a friend of mine sez, had to go enjoy some Beer n Bait after the Doc visit. The Hamachi was AMAZING. Damn good Uni and Maguro as well.

Cj7K0tD.jpg

w5FgoGl.jpg

I never developed the taste for Uni, but I'll eat myself into a coma on Unagi.

I never developed the taste for Uni, but I'll eat myself into a coma on Unagi.

That's funny cuz damn near the only thing I wouldn't eat twice in 6 yrs in Japan was Unagi.

But I do like Steak n Eggs for brek brek. Youngest son was available after I got outta PT this morning which consisted of, forget it. I'll just end up getting in trouble. Use your imagination. ;)

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/6f6sgXb.jpg"}[/IMG2]

And then?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/j5y97AX.jpg"}[/IMG2]

39gjEwo.gif

Last edited:
photo68946.jpg Since today is Tuesday I figured the right thing to do was break out the smoker.

Got a couple of med sized mullet. Covered them with Old Bay and now waiting on the smoker to warm.

More to follow

Can't post the finished pic. File size is too large. I normally just text it to myself and that takes care of the issue.

Well, that didn't take long.

Next time it will be skin side down. It stuck to the racks a bit.
I should have known that.

Tastes darn good though

Since today is Tuesday I figured the right thing to do was break out the smoker.

Got a couple of med sized mullet. Covered them with Old Bay and now waiting on the smoker to warm.

More to follow

Hmmmm Mullet. I only used it for bait when I was stationed down there. I never considered eating it nor do I remember anyone else that I was around. Is it a strong fishy taste?

Hmmmm Mullet. I only used it for bait when I was stationed down there. I never considered eating it nor do I remember anyone else that I was around. Is it a strong fishy taste?

I was the same until I moved here. In NOLA my dad regarded mullet as a trash fish, to be used as bait for crab traps. Here in AL they damn near worship it, to include the Mullet Toss at FloraBama which is way too many drunks in one place even for me.

http://www.florabama.com/events/interstate-mullet-toss-and-gulf-coasts-greatest-beach-party

I'm gonna have delve a bit deeper into this Mullet attraction. I'll try damn near anything "once". ;)

I'll confess that I don't order it in restaurants because there are always more attractive fish available, but if they're the spoils of a fishing trip I'll take a few.

I'm gonna have delve a bit deeper into this Mullet attraction. I'll try damn near anything "once". ;)

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/yEM3iyM.jpg"}[/IMG2]

LMAO ...

If you like smoked fish, you'll love mullet.
I've had it fried also. Pretty good
Sorry I couldn't post the finished product.

BTW, there's a reason most predator fish eat them...

Honestly I didn't see that one coming. Crap!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"533","width":"533","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/SnfmHa1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

If you like smoked fish, you'll love mullet.
I've had it fried also. Pretty good
Sorry I couldn't post the finished product.

BTW, there's a reason most predator fish eat them...

Live for smoked fish. Makes sense regarding predator fish don't it? ;)

It only takes a month to learn the Punjabi alphabet by heart. Should I expect your official denunciation some time in early 2019? :p

When I getta handle on this 'i' before 'e' thing you're gonna be impressed.

When I getta handle on this 'i' before 'e' thing you're gonna be impressed.

Peep this, homeslice ...

I before E...

...except in a zeitgeist of feisty counterfeit heifer protein freight heists reining in weird deified beige beings and their veiny and eidetic atheist foreign schlockmeister neighbors, either aweigh with feigned absenteeism, seized by heightened heirloom forfeitures (albeit deigned under a kaleidoscope ceiling weighted by seismic geisha keister sleighs) or leisurely reimbursing sovereign receipt or surveillance of eight veiled and neighing Rottweilers, herein referred to as their caffeinated sheik's Weimaraner poltergeist wieners from the Pleiades.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/VL8JtXuF0bqRW" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>​

Peep this, homeslice ...

I before E...

...except in a zeitgeist of feisty counterfeit heifer protein freight heists reining in weird deified beige beings and their veiny and eidetic atheist foreign schlockmeister neighbors, either aweigh with feigned absenteeism, seized by heightened heirloom forfeitures (albeit deigned under a kaleidoscope ceiling weighted by seismic geisha keister sleighs) or leisurely reimbursing sovereign receipt or surveillance of eight veiled and neighing Rottweilers, herein referred to as their caffeinated sheik's Weimaraner poltergeist wieners from the Pleiades.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/VL8JtXuF0bqRW" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>​

I'm going to hurt you. :confused:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"533","width":"533","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/SnfmHa1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I never thought about carrying one around with me.

IMG_4217.JPG