• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

My wife has a nack for cooking steaks.

I normally get ribeye and cook it medium rare, strip was what she came home with. For me once strip steak gets to medium rare it gets tough.

My wife has a nack for cooking steaks.

I normally get ribeye and cook it medium rare, strip was what she came home with. For me once strip steak gets to medium rare it gets tough.
Honestly, that looked like medium rare to me. Just the way I like it!

Reactions: Snuby642
Shot a bobcat. Ate the tenderloin with just s&p and fried in butter to a medium rare. Was really really good.

this is canned enchilada sauce, but some chopped garden fresh jalapeños and some salt added. Wish i knew how to make enchilada sauce. I would do it fresh.

Bobcat is really tender to begin with, surprisingly meaty animal.
430D513D-D116-4C8A-9D57-F343FF0FF6F2.jpeg
0C95D4BF-4676-440D-B2D3-9DD6E6155445.jpeg

Shot a bobcat. Ate the tenderloin with just s&p and fried in butter to a medium rare. Was really really good.

this is canned enchilada sauce, but some chopped garden fresh jalapeños and some salt added. Wish i knew how to make enchilada sauce. I would do it fresh.

View attachment 7600653View attachment 7600654
E587C9F1-4771-4AC7-B186-B2CA1298BD70.jpeg

I can tell you that the bobcat legs smoke up like a pulled pork. I kept a little apple cider and butter in the bottom of the pan to keep it from getting burned.

View attachment 7600714
I can tell you that the bobcat legs smoke up like a pulled pork. I kept a little apple cider and butter in the bottom of the pan to keep it from getting burned.
Totally gonna try that! I actually shot 2 cats and have a ton of meat. ruined one front leg on a bullet exit, rest i have. Going to try a few different things!

View attachment 7600653View attachment 7600654
That looks great.

Hatch brand chillies makes a very good green enchilada sauce.

Making red enchilada sauce is a pain. guajillo peppers is a good start. I normaly add a small amount of others to blend flavors.

Onion garlic cumin salt and a pinch or two of sugar.

Boil in water or chicken broth, blender and strain then fry the sauce in a pan.

Or you can buy a can of red for a base and add some fresh made till you get it like you want. (Training wheels)

Reactions: lash and Jgunner
That looks great.

Hatch brand chillies makes a very good green enchilada sauce.

Making red enchilada sauce is a pain. guajillo peppers is a good start. I normaly add a small amount of others to blend flavors.

Onion garlic cumin salt and a pinch or two of sugar.

Boil in water or chicken broth, blender and strain then fry the sauce in a pan.

Or you can buy a can of red for a base and add some fresh made till you get it like you want. (Training wheels)
Thanks! Ill try my hand at it!

The hot pan with a little oil to season it and then pour the sauce in, it will splatter.

Last time I skipped that step of frying the sauce it really was missing in flavor, (raw) but I fixed it before use.

Very similar to a Texas bowl of red.
I also forgot to tell you a small t-spoon of MEXICAN oregano, not any other kind, absolutely not interchangeable maybe try 1/2 teaspoon at first.

It comes out milder without the seeds if you wish.

20210313_163041.jpg

Reactions: Jgunner
I put a little Dale's marinade, uncle Cris steakhouse rub and Goya's fajita seasoning on my beef ribs and throw them in the smoker.

Sometimes the grill. My sons would shove me in the dirt to get the last beef rib.

Low and slow on the smoker comes out like brisket on a stick.

20210310_145506.jpg

Smoker going. Yankee ribs bout to go on. Either redemption or more failure.

@Snuby642 3.5 hrs at around 250? Kingsford with pecan.

Should work out, I go longer on 225 so that should equal out.
Everybody's smoker runs different and meat differs. If they start to gert too much bark and not yet tender do not be afraid of foil or butcher's paper.

+1 on the Stubbs sauce I make some rib lollipops with that stuff.
I wait till the meat is dry before putting it on.

When I can't decide which one of them I want I just mix them.

Reactions: 1J04 and MtnCreek
Been saucing for last ~20min. Probably going to cook another 20 min or so. Temp stayed closer to 210 mostly. If this doesn't do it I'll give up on beef ribs.

Reactions: 1J04
Oh shit !

I only sauce pork ribs, for the lollipops.

Beef, sauce is always on the side around here.

Bet I would not turn them down though.

Reactions: 1J04
Heh, did ribs today too. Traeger smoked, Peach juice in the bowl, mix of traeger seasonings, baste with butter every 2 hours, been on for 7 hours at 175-200 and then kicked up at the end. My own “sauce” made with brown sugar, butter, apple cider vinegar that was stewed for an hour on low before hand. Pork ribs obviously. Not quite fall off the bone, but separate from the bone easily. Could have gone for an additional hour. Ran out of time.
E8A6AA30-2D65-4EFE-9DA4-8F50215760CC.jpeg

Heh, did ribs today too. Traeger smoked, Peach juice in the bowl, mix of traeger seasonings, baste with butter every 2 hours, been on for 7 hours at 175-200 and then kicked up at the end. My own “sauce” made with brown sugar, butter, apple cider vinegar that was stewed for an hour on low before hand. Pork ribs obviously. Not quite fall off the bone, but separate from the bone easily. Could have gone for an additional hour. Ran out of time. View attachment 7602497

Nice job. And regarding that Traeger Seasoning, we're loving that stuff! It's a good, for our taste, off the shelf blend.

Reactions: Jgunner and lash
Well here we go again.

99 cents a pound could not resist it. This one got a rinse to get rid of any bone chips, no need for any trimming, and BBQ rub . On at 11am .

Currently running at 250 f we will see how long timmey takes.

Hope I dont have to pull it early for severe weather later.
20210412_105456.jpg

20210412_110958.jpg

Ok 97 cents even better.
Edit: Took 12 hrs, anout 2 too long because my fire kept going down to 220 f.

Last edited:
Those shell holders look really slick. Never seen that before but I'll definitely be picking some up now. Drives me nuts when they fall apart and spill out on the plate.
I think it was on target or amazon. Plenty of places sell them. They are worth their weight in gold

Reactions: lash
Well there was some baloney in the fridge and after the word got out about a hot pork butt--- you know chubby happened.

20210412_132543.jpg

Reactions: Beefmanne
It never ends mr long sausage got jealous and I figured the pork butt was fair game.
20210412_143203.jpg

The baloney was just barely dried on the surface and gotten tender.
You do not want to "fat out" baloney or over smoke it.

One hour was good to go on favor and texture. Lay it out single layer to cool to room temperature before putting in refrigerator.

Or if serving imidiatly slop on the q sauce.

Brisket at the stall and after...

Attachments

• 75B90748-30D5-4CB0-8946-C49BC0781425.jpeg
    75B90748-30D5-4CB0-8946-C49BC0781425.jpeg
    708 KB · Views: 39
  • 4E4D989D-9C23-40D7-A740-9F59388E37DB.jpeg
    4E4D989D-9C23-40D7-A740-9F59388E37DB.jpeg
    713.3 KB · Views: 40
@MtnCreek The last one looks like some hollandaise sauce, so I’m assuming poached eggs over ham on english muffins. Some country club breakfast items

Ramen express today. Leftover hibachi chicken, fried egg, noodles with extra chicken flavor, and a slice of kraft.
41474C79-8184-4DC2-8C83-DD7A96845043.jpeg