• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The notorious SS

Re: The notorious SS

The way I see it, boy being boys, we live in such a up tight world. No one can have fun anymore.

Sorry, guys, I can't subscribe to the "boys being boys" school of thought.

This is the first time I've seen this and I thought "What the hell!!!"

Google some of the concentration camp pictures and just take a look at what "boys being boys" can result in.

Thanks, KS. Some shit needs to stay out from under the rug and to not be met with a shoulder shrug.

KS, my degree is in History, with most work done around WW II. I'm not going to get into if all the SS were douchbags or not, but anymore there is no freedom of expression, these guys are just wanting to express espre de corp.

I do not disagree with that which you say, Alaskaman, but they should have not had their heads up their asses . . . I'm sure some idiot thought it'd be "cute" but it isn't. In no way, in no form, in no fashion.

There are a myriad of other ways of taking two S's and creating a logo other than to use that used by the SS vod der Fuhrer.

Amazingly ignorant, in my opinion. And it's not about freedom of speech.

Would YOU want to wear a symbol that may associate with the brutal death of over 4 million Jews, Poles, Gypsies, academics and so forth?

They have been using "SS" for scout sniper fr a long time. Now I do not now nor have ever condoned the Nazi "SS" troopers actions during WWII, but I bet that they had no intention of portraying themselves as "Waffen SS". Something tells me that they felt that they were more the "Final Solution" to the people they hunted. Bad decision but effective. BTW, it was more along the lines of 4 million jews and 12 million jews, poles, and other Slavic races.

Ya know, I don't post much on here, rather go out and play, than be a mall ninja. I saw this post, saw the pic, read what was written, and then stewed on it. The longer I stewed the madder I got, till now.
These Marines face death almost every day. They are Scout Snipers, they are trained to kill. They are a favorite target of their enemy, with bounties on most of their heads. So IF they choose a flag with SS (Scout Sniper) on it fashioned as lighting bolts, then mind your own fucking business, and let them.
Go hug a tree, stick your head back up your ass and leave the real men alone!!
My kid can't even say The Pledge of Allegiance in school, because it has the word God in it, and some fuck tard might get offended. Well I'm offended by just that! Don't like The Pledge, then keep your fucking shit hole shut, and deal with it!! Don't like the picture, then don't fucking look!!
As far as using the Waffen SS, and the "Holocaust" as to why your panties are twisted, Fuck You!! Really study history and you'll find that what Hitler and his crew of butt-fuckers did was a drop in the bucket compared to other slaughters that no one wants to talk about. Russia, Red China, Central and South America, and Africa, you want some real body counts, find out what happen in those places. And some of those "Rulers" are now though of as fucking hero's!! WTF has this country come to??
Sorry for the rant, Gentlemen, but damn this shit has got to stop.

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was that it meant "scout sniper". Look at the picture, it could just be two lightning bolts. The nazis stole a lot of their symbols from other cultures, the nazi symbol is actually an old Indian symbol. So because of one fucktard we cant use certain symbols anymore? Its one thing if it was the same colors and fashion and a direct replica of hitlers ss, but its not. Get the fuck over it.

The ones who aren't offended are the actual snipers. I thought that in a place called "sniper's hide," more people would understand where the "SS" came from. Even as an employment symbol, "SS" has been used forever. It's like the rebel flag in the south; it's not about hatred, it's about heritage.

Skully1971 For POTUS!!!
We need some of that richeous indignation pointing its finger squarely at the pc mafia running this country.

Look, hopefully these guys just picked the wrong logo to use, and didn't realize that it also perfectly matched the symbol of the notorious Nazi SS (outlawed as a criminal organization in Germany, btw).

But, this is sort of where ignorance is no excuse. Time to pick a new logo. You can use SS, but don't freaking make it look EXACTLY like the style used by the Nazis. I mean, you make blame this on the "PC media", but WWII vets should be pretty damn pissed off that this is going on, considering many of their buddies might have been killed fighting A-holes under that very logo. Plus, the unit should try to at least be original, next think you know they might be using the Magpul logo cause it looks cool?

The knee-jerk reaction I see where people just start bashing "liberals" and "the media" for stuff is out of control. Unfortunately, in this case, these marines perhaps need to take a second, put down the rifles, and read a history book, and then consider perhaps that they might not want to associate themselves with a group like the Waffen SS, who were completely ruthless, and not in a military sense. In a human-rights violation and murder sense. To me, that isn't what I think Marine stands for. The fact that they are even fighting this makes me wonder if they need to be sent back to HS to retake World History.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LittleViktor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look, hopefully these guys just picked the wrong logo to use, and didn't realize that it also perfectly matched the symbol of the notorious Nazi SS (outlawed as a criminal organization in Germany, btw).

But, this is sort of where ignorance is no excuse. Time to pick a new logo. You can use SS, but don't freaking make it look EXACTLY like the style used by the Nazis. I mean, you make blame this on the "PC media", but WWII vets should be pretty damn pissed off that this is going on, considering many of their buddies might have been killed fighting A-holes under that very logo. Plus, the unit should try to at least be original, next think you know they might be using the Magpul logo cause it looks cool?

The knee-jerk reaction I see where people just start bashing "liberals" and "the media" for stuff is out of control. Unfortunately, in this case, these marines perhaps need to take a second, put down the rifles, and read a history book, and then consider perhaps that they might not want to associate themselves with a group like the Waffen SS, who were completely ruthless, and not in a military sense. In a human-rights violation and murder sense. To me, that isn't what I think Marine stands for. The fact that they are even fighting this makes me wonder if they need to be sent back to HS to retake World History. </div></div>

WWII vets? You know there is vets from each side, those "A Holes" your referring to were fighting for their homes and family. Im not condoning what some did, but I can't condem all of them for the actions of part. Think about what it was like to live in Germany in say 1943? Say in Dresden, you see your family killed by bombing. Young men, like these Marines here that wanted to be part of a special high speed unit. Just like kids in PI or SDRD right now. In history, soldiers do bad things, war is bad, what the nazis did to the Jews was horrible, the the people who did it should burn in hell, but you have to admit, not everyone in the Waffen SS killed Jews, some drove tanks, some were stuck behind those tanks.

If the Marines wanted to use a symbol that they have for longer then the Reigh was around. all I can say is BFD!

What most people don't understand is that there was two groups within the SS. One group the "Waffen-SS" were combat troops that were highly trained and very gung-ho. The second group was the death squads, I forget the german name for them. The second group was responsible for the extermination of jews, gypsies and slavs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ramrod14(winkie)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What most people don't understand is that there was two groups within the SS. One group the "Waffen-SS" were combat troops that were highly trained and very gung-ho. The second group was the death squads, I forget the german name for them. The second group was responsible for the extermination of jews, gypsies and slavs. </div></div>

This is covered in pretty good detail in a thread in the Bear Pit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ramrod14(winkie)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What most people don't understand is that there was two groups within the SS. One group the "Waffen-SS" were combat troops that were highly trained and very gung-ho. The second group was the death squads, I forget the german name for them. The second group was responsible for the extermination of jews, gypsies and slavs. </div></div>

totenkofpt=death heads group...

Lets put them all in pink gym shorts and give them rubber batons to subdue the enemy with so nobody will get their feelings hurt.

The world is full of pussies and they are closing in fast..

another point, so is kiss bad because they have two s's that are written in lighning bolt style. Also, what about a Chevelle SS....is that referring to the nazis. liberal media needs to find somebody better to harrass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets put them all in pink gym shorts and give them rubber batons to subdue the enemy with so nobody will get their feelings hurt.

The world is full of pussies and they are closing in fast.. </div></div>

So far, this is my favorite post of the decade!

Hell if they are going to smack these guys down for that then they should smack down the latino population for raising Mexican flags. I would say I would have close to $100 for every time I saw a mexican flag being flew by a Marine if I got one buck per fly.

I bitched every time I saw them fly their flag and most of the time the higher ups were ok with it until I said I am of German descent can I fly a German flag? The answer was always hell no. Then they would be forced to take it down.

This is histrionics in the extreme.

I'm sick and tired also of being beholden to the Holocaust. The lightning strikes existed before Hitler, they exist after him. Likewise the swastika which is used in Buddhism and on the temple of some of the Masonic Lodges in London, England. All before Hitler, all after Hitler.

I didn't see those who are all on guard over the atrocities of genocide in WWII get offended over Rwanda, Kosovo and other places where peoples of different races and creeds than Jews or Christians were getting packed, hacked and whacked in record numbers.

FYI - the FASTEST rate of human slaughter occurred in Rwanda in 8 months where an estimated 800,000 people where killed (not including mutilated) mostly with edged weapons. Didn't hear Israel or other 'never-again' folks say a thing there...

If you're going to be outraged, be outraged at the actions of the bad guys, not the ones making them cold...

When I first saw this I was like, holy shit, de gonna be in trOUBUUUL!!
smile.gif
Then I found out that the scout snipers have been using that logo for quite some time.

Not a jew. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just thought it was funny for a second when I thought they either didn't know or realize the connection they were making. Knowing they know, however, just makes it considerably less funny.

Then again, I'm not one of those people that get easily offended.

There was a time when such pics would be "hard copy" and only for those who had "been there, done that" (and MAYBE their trusted friends). Thus there was no "inappropriate context" for such things, as it was just between those involved.

It's social networking & electronic media that has fucked this up for everyone, since there is really no common sense in use when people post this shit on the net. There is NO expectation of privacy these days folks... welcome to the future, ain't it swell?

Okay. You're right. It was their intent to reincarnate the Waffen SS, and crush the world under their jack-booted heels.

I just see it as a short-sighted attempt at what is now referred to as "team-building", and the dumbasses didn't stop to think that it might offend someone.

Blame the school system. Since Germany is our friend now, a lot of history has been whitewashed to the point of being unrecognizable. The afore mentioned dumbasses probably only heard that the SS were real badasses, and really couldn't see any difference between the SS and say, the 19th century U.S. Cavalry.

I am not offended by the SS sign because I don’t think the intent was to be associated with the nazi ss, if it was I would be.

EH you don’t have to be beholden to the Holocaust if you don’t believe it so be it. Most of the other millions of survivors of other atrocities must not want to put the effort into remembering what happened to their people. The Armenians are an exception. Yes only about 6 million Jews were killed which was half the total population of European Jews, not as many as some other atrocities. Just because the number isn’t as large as some of the others the impact was.

There is another thing that was difference about the Holocaust, there was no armed attack against Germany or an organized rebellion like there was in both Rwanda, and Kosovo that got the tables turned on the victims. The victims were unarmed men women and childeren and the aged.

This information may not mater to you, I have read some of your other posts and comments. Here it is anyway.

Israeli Cabinet statement during the Rwanda genocide:

The cabinet passed a resolution concerning events in Rwanda, as follows:

"The government of Israel is shocked by the genocide being carried out in Rwanda and by the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

The Jewish people, who endured the most bitter experience of the Nazi holocaust, and their country - The State of Israel - cannot stand idly by in the face of the horror in Rwanda.

The government of Israel calls on the international community to urgently act to stop the massacre, and announces that it is prepared to take part in humanitarian activities to rescue people in the unfortunate country.

The cabinet has requested that the foreign minister examine proposals for humanitarian assistance, including the dispatch of medical teams to Rwanda.”

FYI: Israel has also extended humanitarian aid to the following countries including the US after Katrina, Rwanda and Kosovo. Most of the counties on the list are people of color. Some who would like it to be destroyed. Here is the list.

Albania * Angola * Argentina * Armenia * Azerbaijan * Belarus * Benin * Bolivia * Bosnia & Herzogovina * Bourkina-Fasso * Brazil * Bulgaria * Gurundi * Cambodia * Cameroon * Chad * Chile * China * Columbia * Congo * Costa Rica * Cote d'Ivoire * Cyprus * Czech Republic * Democratic Republic of Congo * Deominican Republic * Ecuador* Egypt * El Salvador * Eritrea * Estonia * Ethiopia * Fiji * Gambia * Georgia * Ghana * Greece * Guatemala * Guinea * Guinea-Bissau * Guyana * Haiti * Honduras * Hungary * India * Indonesia * Jamaica * Jordan * Kazakhstan * Kenya * Kyrgystan * Laos * Latvia * Leshotho * Liberia * Lithuania * Macedonia * Madagascar * Malawi * Malta * Mauritania * Mauritius * Mexico * Micronesia * Moldova * Mongolia * Morocco * Myanmar * Namibia * Nepal * Nicaragua * Nigreia * Palestinian Authority * Panama * Papua New Guinea * Paraguay * Peru * Philippines * Poland * Romania * Russia * Rwanda * Senegal * Seychelles Islands * Singapore * Slovakia * Somalia * South Africa * South Korea * Sri Lanka *Swaziland * Tadjikistan * Tanzania * Thailand * Togo * Tonga * Tunisia * Turkey * Turkmenistan * Uganda * Ukraine * United States * Uruguay * Uzbekistan * Venezuela * Vietnam * Yugosloslavia * Zaire * Zambia * Zimbabwe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not offended by the SS sign because I don’t think the intent was to be associated with the nazi ss, if it was I would be.

EH you don’t have to be beholden to the Holocaust if you don’t believe it so be it. Most of the other millions of survivors of other atrocities must not want to put the effort into remembering what happened to their people. The Armenians are an exception. Yes only about 6 million Jews were killed which was half the total population of European Jews, not as many as some other atrocities. Just because the number isn’t as large as some of the others the impact was.

There is another thing that was difference about the Holocaust, there was no armed attack against Germany or an organized rebellion like there was in both Rwanda, and Kosovo that got the tables turned on the victims. The victims were unarmed men women and childeren and the aged.

This information may not mater to you, I have read some of your other posts and comments. Here it is anyway.

Israeli Cabinet statement during the Rwanda genocide:

The cabinet passed a resolution concerning events in Rwanda, as follows:

"The government of Israel is shocked by the genocide being carried out in Rwanda and by the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

The Jewish people, who endured the most bitter experience of the Nazi holocaust, and their country - The State of Israel - cannot stand idly by in the face of the horror in Rwanda.

The government of Israel calls on the international community to urgently act to stop the massacre, and announces that it is prepared to take part in humanitarian activities to rescue people in the unfortunate country.

The cabinet has requested that the foreign minister examine proposals for humanitarian assistance, including the dispatch of medical teams to Rwanda.”

FYI: Israel has also extended humanitarian aid to the following countries including the US after Katrina, Rwanda and Kosovo. Most of the counties on the list are people of color. Some who would like it to be destroyed. Here is the list.

Albania * Angola * Argentina * Armenia * Azerbaijan * Belarus * Benin * Bolivia * Bosnia & Herzogovina * Bourkina-Fasso * Brazil * Bulgaria * Gurundi * Cambodia * Cameroon * Chad * Chile * China * Columbia * Congo * Costa Rica * Cote d'Ivoire * Cyprus * Czech Republic * Democratic Republic of Congo * Deominican Republic * Ecuador* Egypt * El Salvador * Eritrea * Estonia * Ethiopia * Fiji * Gambia * Georgia * Ghana * Greece * Guatemala * Guinea * Guinea-Bissau * Guyana * Haiti * Honduras * Hungary * India * Indonesia * Jamaica * Jordan * Kazakhstan * Kenya * Kyrgystan * Laos * Latvia * Leshotho * Liberia * Lithuania * Macedonia * Madagascar * Malawi * Malta * Mauritania * Mauritius * Mexico * Micronesia * Moldova * Mongolia * Morocco * Myanmar * Namibia * Nepal * Nicaragua * Nigreia * Palestinian Authority * Panama * Papua New Guinea * Paraguay * Peru * Philippines * Poland * Romania * Russia * Rwanda * Senegal * Seychelles Islands * Singapore * Slovakia * Somalia * South Africa * South Korea * Sri Lanka *Swaziland * Tadjikistan * Tanzania * Thailand * Togo * Tonga * Tunisia * Turkey * Turkmenistan * Uganda * Ukraine * United States * Uruguay * Uzbekistan * Venezuela * Vietnam * Yugosloslavia * Zaire * Zambia * Zimbabwe </div></div>

Thanks for this.

I never denied the Holocaust, I pointed out that despite the attention and constant references to it, it wasn't the only or most recent example of genocide and none of the instances get anything near the awareness or vigilance that it does.

Thanks for the reference to the statement. I never saw or heard of this statement when I was reading about the events of Kosovo or Rwanda. If you can post any links I'd be grateful. These events are of interest to me from a history student perspective and it seems there're serious gaps in my knowledge.

Cheers

Perception is reality, and regardless of intent, the "SS" is firmly rooted in folks minds with Nazism.

These Marines meant no harm, but the imagery is just awful, which is where the problem lies.

More good PR from Afghanistan, shocker.

Okay, what I don't get is people are horrified about the Nazis killing 6 million Jews. But not one word about Stalin and the communist killing way more Jews. I think it was something like 24 million or more people murdered.

"Every day the team concentrated its assistance in a refugee camp that had over 700,000 people dying of Cholera, starvation and other diseases. Lieutenant <span style="color: #FF0000">Wiener Head</span> of the Medical Corps in the camp “We have with us a massive donation of relief items accompanied by a large medical staff, but when you see the catastrophe here, you feel overwhelmed and you ask your self where is the world?” "

takem from here
http://www.israaid.org.il/story_page.asp?id=212

I couldnt pass it up .............

No problem EH, Israel doesn’t actively seek credit or get much on the world stage. Things are done because its the right thing to do. It doesn’t surprise me when people don’t know the good they do. They only hear the bad and they hear it loud. Israel also got shut down by the UN for trying to help the Tutsi with arms for defense, which it abided by the UN rules about not providing arms to an unstable region. That story has also been flipped to try to show the greedy Jew trying to make money on the blood of others, pure bullshit.

Jews have long memories, really long, and document everything. We are actually celebrating our first of many survivals against genocide this this Thursday with the celebration of Purim. Haman a Nobel and vizier of Persia plotted to kill every Jew by the Kings edict that was in the Persian kingdom (who the king brought there as slaves). Sounds like someone else on the world stage that happens to be from Persia (Iran) doesn’t it? History repeats itself that why we HAVE to remember it.

Stalin was a Jew and an asshole, he made life miserable for the religious Jew and Christian alike. He like other tyrants banned circumcsision, and censored what could and couldnt be studied. He had agents in in Synagogues and wanted communisim not God to be the focus. His killing focused on anyone that didnt tow the communist line and they came from all walks of Soviet life. They didn't care about the individual, I had a teacher that was traded to the United States for grain. Had to leave her family and come here alone.

Back to the original topic. It is upsetting to see a hardworking and brave sniper unit see their reputations ruined for a stupid mistakes.

I agree with you on the pledge and I wasn't offended by it in any way and assumed that Scout Sniper was the intended meaning when I first saw the picture, but...bear in mind that these men represent our military and our country as a whole and as such are subject to any guidlines imposed on them while in that capacity.

Amen to this post and every word said. Our fore fathers are turning in their grave over what this country is becoming.Its a shame we have these people coming over changing our ways and beliefes slowly but surely.Go to another country and pull this shit. They will pack your bags so fast and tell you to get the fuck out and don't come back. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully1971</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya know, I don't post much on here, rather go out and play, than be a mall ninja. I saw this post, saw the pic, read what was written, and then stewed on it. The longer I stewed the madder I got, till now.
These Marines face death almost every day. They are Scout Snipers, they are trained to kill. They are a favorite target of their enemy, with bounties on most of their heads. So IF they choose a flag with SS (Scout Sniper) on it fashioned as lighting bolts, then mind your own fucking business, and let them.
Go hug a tree, stick your head back up your ass and leave the real men alone!!
My kid can't even say The Pledge of Allegiance in school, because it has the word God in it, and some fuck tard might get offended. Well I'm offended by just that! Don't like The Pledge, then keep your fucking shit hole shut, and deal with it!! Don't like the picture, then don't fucking look!!
As far as using the Waffen SS, and the "Holocaust" as to why your panties are twisted, Fuck You!! Really study history and you'll find that what Hitler and his crew of butt-fuckers did was a drop in the bucket compared to other slaughters that no one wants to talk about. Russia, Red China, Central and South America, and Africa, you want some real body counts, find out what happen in those places. And some of those "Rulers" are now though of as fucking hero's!! WTF has this country come to??
Sorry for the rant, Gentlemen, but damn this shit has got to stop. </div></div>

They are Marines did you expect them to be politically correct? Food for thought from less PC times.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep"

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" ..............Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945.</span>

Personally it takes a different kind of person to do what solders do. They are not politically correct nor should they be, because nothing would ever get done. These Marines are not nazi sympathizers, not even close. They are United States Marine Scout Snipers.

So What. I seem to remember my fellow Leathernecks posing with a North Vietnamese flag after the battle of Hue-Did anyone accuse them of being anything other than America's Finest? I remember seeing pics of Devil Dogs in the Pacific Theater holding up the Japanese 'rising sun' flag-were they followers of Tojo? I think not. So who really fucking cares? Kill the motherfuckin' enemy where you find 'em. Semper Fi, zulu

Wow , What about the guys that are branded with it? What about black and jewish 8541 with that brand? I am sure there are some out there. People need to find something relivant to complain about.

Why is this debate still taking place? The offended people do not take time to educate themselves before commenting.

I did not "assume" it meant "scout sniper"... I "know" it means "scout sniper".

Leave the HOGs alone.