• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The OBR finally comes to me

SSG3K

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 31, 2003
    Mi
    I should get it by Wed or Thurs next week. I hope that its everything they say. I got the 20 inch version with all the suff on it. I give a range report next weekend.

Rich

Re: The OBR finally comes to me

is that going to the range with us? I am trying to think of what scope you would put on it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkkfam89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that going to the range with us? I am trying to think of what scope you would put on it </div></div>

YES

I to have an 18" OBR ordered, can't wait to get it.

Those rifles look amazing. What was your wait time?

What scope will you put on it?

I ordered mine Feb. of 2009 and I picked it up yesterday, I'm sure they will be getting them out sooner than that now.
    The fit and finish is amazing and the 5 shot test target with Federal 168gr Match was .490 I will shoot it maybe in a week or two. I sold my last SR-25 and replaced it with the OBR and I have no regrets.

6icjkx.jpg

Here is my 18". Should have a range report by tomorrow.

been hearing wait times of over a year to less than 3 months.

alot of peeps are passing on 16" to get the 18" or 20"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    6icjkx.jpg

Here is my 18". Should have a range report by tomorrow. </div></div>
    Did you shoot it yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac_05evo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine (18") will be here on Friday!! </div></div>
    Range report by Saturday or you will be banned.....
    grin.gif

I've got an 18" on order that probably won't be here until July or so, so I'm living vicariously through you guys for now. Particularly interested in reports on the 18".
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac_05evo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine (18") will be here on Friday!! </div></div>
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

Good luck, I'd venture to bet that more than 2/3 of these sold are destined to be safe jewelry.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double_Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got an 18" on order that probably won't be here until July or so, so I'm living vicariously through you guys for now. Particularly interested in reports on the 18".
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

I wasn't expecting mine until about July as well (ordered 1/1/2010). But both Tyler and Alfred from LT told me I would get it in a matter of weeks. You might want to call and make sure they have your FFL and configuration set... I think that speeds things up. I know that orders from Dec. 09 are shipping already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac_05evo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine (18") will be here on Friday!! </div></div>
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

Good luck, I'd venture to bet that more than 2/3 of these sold are destined to be safe jewelry......... </div></div>

I hope not. Id expect that from a KAC or a Magpul lower receiver. I hear that is the only thing that Larue doesnt cover in their warranty.
    3.) Failure to use this rifle will void the Larue warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hawkeye_esq</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double_Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got an 18" on order that probably won't be here until July or so, so I'm living vicariously through you guys for now. Particularly interested in reports on the 18".
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

I wasn't expecting mine until about July as well (ordered 1/1/2010). But both Tyler and Alfred from LT told me I would get it in a matter of weeks. You might want to call and make sure they have your FFL and configuration set... I think that speeds things up. I know that orders from Dec. 09 are shipping already.</div></div>

Wow, thanks for the heads up Hawkeye. I'll give Alfred a call tomorrow. Was planning to put the new Viper PST 4-16 on it and figured the scope would be waiting on the rifle. Maybe it will be the other way around.
    grin.gif
    My order date was 1-4-10, right before the price increase. They must have really ramped up production.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    3.) Failure to use this rifle will void the Larue warranty. </div></div>

Was unaware of that (but believe it)!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    3.) Failure to use this rifle will void the Larue warranty. </div></div>

Was unaware of that (but believe it)! </div></div>
    For the recored I made that up.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should get it by Wed or Thurs next week. I hope that its everything they say. I got the 20 inch version with all the suff on it. I give a range report next weekend.

Rich </div></div>

Lucky bastard. Let us know how it shoots.

Congrats. I have been thinking about getting one of these instead of a new bolt gun. Does anyone know if it is safe to shoot .308 through, or just the 7.62 round? Can't wait to see how it groups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crocker84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats. I have been thinking about getting one of these instead of a new bolt gun. Does anyone know if it is safe to shoot .308 through, or just the 7.62 round? Can't wait to see how it groups. </div></div>

You can shoot .308 through it. I put about 140 rounds through mine today and it ran great. I did have one FTE when using PRVI 175g. The rifle is super accurate, way more so than I am. I shot prone off of my bipod and could hit pretty much where I aimed at will on first shot. Now I just need to work on keeping the next 4+ in the same spot lol. These things are slick!