• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The old 40X got a new dress!

AlabamaShooter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
West Central Alabama: Tuscaloosa
Got back in town today and picked up the final piece to my lil spring project. I couldnt wait anymore so I put it together as a test fit before bedding it. Now im even more excited to get it all done.
laugh.gif

Here is the breakdown -
Remington 40X Heavy Barrel(thanks to Don in SC)
McMillan A1-3 60%OD 20%Blk 20%Gray (thanks to JW Precision)
Badger M4 bottom metal (thanks to Salmonaxe)
Seekins rings and base (thanks to Heatseekins)
USO SN3 1.8-10x37 (thanks to Mike)
Here she is:
IMAG0253.jpg

Re: The old 40X got a new dress!

Very nice!! I'm looking at different options for mine: from vintage with original stock and Unertl scope to modern with M40 variant stock and new glass. Let us know how it shoots.

Looks good!
I'm waiting on mine to be finished up as well. Hopefully Chad will get the new shop going soon.
Mine is an early 722 action with the tapered barrel and straight bolt.
He is truing the action, installing one of his recoil lugs and a Heavy target contour Brux 20" barrel threaded for supressor.
I'm keeping the original stock, which is one of the best looking 40x stocks I've seen in a while, in which he is installing his adjustable(Thumb wheel)cheek piece.
I've got a NF 8x32 in the safe waiting to go on top with EGW base and seekins rings.

Needless to say I can't wait for it to get here.

Nice setup! Just as neat would be a 40X in wood with the old Unertl on the original posa bases that came with the rifle right next to it.

beauty i had some fun with a very similar setup yesterday shooting at 200 yds. those 40-Xs just shoot.

DoninNC is a wealth of information and apparently 40X barreled actions!!!

Beautiful A.S.!!! Enjoy the heck out of it!