• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision The pigs charged me!

TEXASLAWMAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
As I was making my rounds last night I spotted something strange. There were about 15 evenly spaced spots around one of our ponds, they were not moving but definitely really hot so I went to investigate. As I started getting close a crane alerted and took off making an awful noise. As I looked through my thermal monocular the spots came alive hogs!!!!! As I got the rifle up the last three were going over the dam and out of sight so no shot. Not wanting them to get away I rushed up on the dam to try and cut them off. But to my surprise they were still there just on the other side only about 20 yards from me! As I turned on the thermal scope and hit record the image went blurry. The combination of A/C humidity and my sweaty face fogged the rear glass of the scope and all I could see was a black blob of hog heat. There was not time to waste I could see the blob starting to move so I put the blob in the center and let go a few shots. The hogs circled around and headed straight for me I took a few more blind blob shots as they rapidly closed the gap between us. Then bam one hit the shooting sticks and another bumped my left leg the whole group ran on both sides of me disappearing into a creek bed. Only by pure luck my random shots into the group knocked down four of them ;)

Here is the video enjoy!

So, how much DID they charge you? Did they take credit cards or cash?
Was it a $ fine for you going the wrong way on a one way street? And causing an accident when they hit the sticks and pedestrian? Not to mention they were fleeing an armed intruder..
All they were doing was a family night out picnic.....

This is meant totally in jest, poking fun. Been there, done that.

So what could you do to improve chances of getting more in such a situation? Ir-laser as backup aiming means (with 14 on your head)? Transition to pistol? Transition to sword? Maybe there was no time except to wave at them as they went by. :)

So what could you do to improve chances of getting more in such a situation? Ir-laser as backup aiming means (with 14 on your head)? Transition to pistol? Transition to sword? Maybe there was no time except to wave at them as they went by. :)

Well this was an extreme situation. The ac vent was aimed right at the back glass and I did not know it. But Yes an IR laser would have helped but I had not mounted one on this rifle yet.

Your videos are great, brother. What NV are you using?

TLM generally switches to hand grenades and flame throwers in this situation.

TLM generally switches to hand grenades and flame throwers in this situation.

Well, there's slow roasted and flash fired for certain barbecue... Flame throwers just allow for quicker eat'n....

Question: in seriousness, getting the blood out of a deer is pretty important, along with the insides... It that more of an issue with pigs? (E.g. The need to possibly dress a pig/boar quickly?)

In the summer they are so nasty I do not mess with them. During the winter I shoot so many I just take the backstraps or give the hogs away. But we do soak in ice water then drain and then repeat to get the blood out.

In the summer they are so nasty I do not mess with them. During the winter I shoot so many I just take the backstraps or give the hogs away. But we do soak in ice water then drain and then repeat to get the blood out.

Lol, that is when I love to go hog hunting. The hot ass 100+ days in Oklahoma are my favorite. They are nasty pissed and it makes it more fun for me. Running up with a buddy on a wallow with an AK and smoking some bacon makes me giggle like a little kid every time.

I'll probably get cut one of these days and stop being a dumbass, hopefully not though.

I found it pretty interesting the first time they got on line, like they were an OU defensive line, and then charged at me.
Kind of freaked me out when they did it.

Great video by the way.