• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Ring/Mount scam

Re: The Ring/Mount scam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the pool was a little chilly as well......

</div></div>

Do you know how we all know you're gay?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the pool was a little chilly as well......

</div></div>

Do you know how we all know you're gay? </div></div>

sobrbiker883's a meatgazer for sure...

Jesus Christ Wil....

I could've spent the rest of my life without ever needing to see all that.

MY EYES, MY EYES!!! Ahhaahaahaahaa

-Pat

That is a nice weapon. If it shoots well and you are happy with it, dont sweat the price.

You know better now. You can have a tricked out LaRue 20" SSS that will flat shoot with any gas gun for $2200, sans glass.

My apologies to Snipers Hide for having posted any of this.
My point is that 10 years ago I began manufacturing mounts and accsssories because I knew that the German and Swiss accessories were greatly overpriced for Amrican shooters. Within one year I had every single one of them matching my prices which were <span style="font-style: italic">50% less </span>than Americans had been paying.
As long as you're willing to support inflated prices, these mfg's are going to keep you paying through the nose. I proved it didn't have to be that way, at least in my corner of the firearms world, and through BRownells and Graf & Sons we're doing extremely well for the past 10 years.

Tanke care, and thanks to those who did respond positively.

zfk55

But I agree. If you are shooting us straight and someone sold you that bill of goods, you should out them.

I bet you money there are people here who already know or know of him

Rob, what I meant was this.

I have seen people give other people shit for the amount of money they have spent on a rifle. But if they were to show off a new Tac-Ops or Gap (Not arguing about there prices, or quality, don't take it that way.) no one would even bat a eye at the price they spent. They would simply justify it as another great custom rifle and move on. But if it's from a smith they've never heard of it automatically get's categorized as over spending because people don't know who they are, the work they do, or quality they put into a build. That to me is rather close minded. Are there not other great smiths out there? Are there not other smiths that charge a large amount of money but deliver and outstanding product?

The OP had stated:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No, Stewart Wilson. He's also the head of field instructors for E.D.M.
We have the only one made for a Civilian.
zfk55</div></div>

To have something that other people do not is worth the money to some people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$6,000.oo for a shipped rifle, a rifle I waited 10 years to get for my son.</div></div>

Now IMO $3,000 or $10,000 to give your son a gift that puts a smile on his face every time he shoots the rifle or even mentions it among his friends is well worth the price. I don't believe you can actually put a price tag on something like that. When ZFK passes away his son will be able to reach for this rifle and unlock those memories of his father, was that not worth the $6,000?

Guess I tend to think about things in a different light. Have a good day gentlemen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are people giving zfk shit for a $6,000 AR? Does anyone give people shit for a $5000-$6000 Gap Or Tac-Ops. Enough said.

Luck to you ZFK. Nice Stick. </div></div>

No one is giving him shit. We are just a bit taken bake by it.

I happen to own one of the said GAP's, but it is an AR and it retails for a touch over $3000. Just a big gap in pricing is all. I hope he is happy with his rifle. It is indeed a nice stick. I am very happy with mine at half the cost.

To each their own. Nobody gives anyone shit for buying a $20,000 German bulpup either, we are just taken back by the price/performance.

You do have to laugh at the irony of it though.

z rants about a mount costing twice what it should, but owns a rifle that costs...anyone...come on...you can figure this out... </div></div>

I guess I responded to how I saw the situation unfolding itself. You can only read what has been written and not hear persons tone of voice, intentions, or implications. My apologies.

i dont think that people were so much getting on him about why he spent that, they were getting on him for the 6000 dollar AR10, im not sure what all you could do to that platform to make it 6000. Thats what everyone was saying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the pool was a little chilly as well......

</div></div>

Do you know how we all know you're gay? </div></div>

sobrbiker883's a meatgazer for sure... </div></div>

Actually I thought it was one of shankster's girls geared up, but with an odd knuckle.....

Boone, got nothing to do with who built it, as there are tons of great smiths out there that never come up on the boards, but where the extra $3500 <span style="font-weight: bold">over</span> the cost of a known entity of the custom GAP AR10 which is $2450? What was done to it for that extra money? Seems like more than one person was shocked by that price tag.

Giving a gift to a son is a great thing. Not knocking that at all either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boone, got nothing to do with who built it, as there are tons of great smiths out there that never come up on the boards, but where the extra $3500 <span style="font-weight: bold">over</span> the cost of a known entity of the custom GAP AR10 which is $2450? What was done to it for that extra money? Seems like more than one person was shocked by that price tag.

Giving a gift to a son is a great thing. Not knocking that at all either. </div></div>

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't pay $6000 for a AR10 or any AR platform. I also am curious to the specs of that rifle. Like I said I guess I read the other posts with a "tone" I found condescending. My fault.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob, what I meant was this.

I have seen people give other people shit for the amount of money they have spent on a rifle. But if they were to show off a new Tac-Ops or Gap (Not arguing about there prices, or quality, don't take it that way.) no one would even bat a eye at the price they spent
</div></div>

If someone came on showing a GAP they paid $6000 for, bare rifle, they would catch a lot of shit. You are not comparing apples with apples

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im still curious what branch of the military the builder builds for? </div></div>

Uber Secret Ninjas of course... Here's Shaggyback on a Meth bust
2009-mallninja.jpg

With the latest uber secret weaponry
catlinggun.jpg
</div></div>

i thought this was shaggy

ManChick.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Heritage on a Flat Top AR in 308... works fine and its no hassle at all...

Spending $6k for an AR10, then complaining about $200 for rings, I think you're bit confused. </div></div>

this guy got all twisted up when i pointed out several bone-head facts he was pulling off yet another website.....while he was running his yap on ASSaultweb.......he went away there real quick too!

you have a way of doing that Bolt...running people off that is. I happen to like it, gives me some entertainment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uber Secret Ninjas of course... Here's Shaggyback on a Meth bust
2009-mallninja.jpg

</div></div>

Dude, I gave your wife that pic for a special birthday present. She wasnt supposed to share it with you.

6k for an AR10 w/optics is not out of line. I bought mine in '07 when they were plentiful and you could still find deals and still spent quite a bit on my build:

Armalite AR10A4: 1256.00
Noveske 21" Barrel: 560.00
SWS E1 rail: 299.99
Geissele Hi-Speed trigger w/DMR springs: 279.99
PWS muzzle brake: 99.00
MGI buffer: 165.00
Harris Bipod w/QD mount: 170.00
Tubb CWS: 50.00
Ergo grip: 20.00

My original optic was an NXS that I paid 1500 or so for mounted in a larue SPR that costs about 195. I sold that off and now have an SN-3 coming (2500.00) plus 200.00 for rings and 90.00 for a BO 22MOA base. Not quite 6k, but it is painfully easy to get close when customizing a rifle. AR-10s sell for full MSRP (about 1500) or more now. I wouldn't rag on him so much for the amount he has into his gun but I still think his OP is full of fail.

yeah but your ar with optics was pushing right around 6K, his rifle alone was 6 k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah but your ar with optics was pushing right around 6K, his rifle alone was 6 k </div></div>

Ok, I thought he said WITH optics. My mistake.

You're right, Falar. <span style="font-style: italic">With</span> optics. Bad thread for me to have started, but.... Hey Boltripper. How ya been? And no..... it wasn't me that logged off Assultweb. Close, but no cigar. There are more than one of us in the family, but I remember you. 7 or 8 years ago I was a moderator on assaultweb. I withdrew after 3 years for family medical concerns. Remember k31? Still the same guy aren't you, B(M-T space)T. A wannabe sniper with little between your ears but a foul mouth.

One of our people monitors every website that has a C&R forum watching for any questions concerning Swiss rifles or product questions. What you did there was to respond to every one of his posts with a condescending, patronizing, snide post of your own. A stand up rep of ours was only willing to take your unwanted comments for so long and he logged off. Why put up with your incessant crap? AW C&R forum is still checked periodically, but not with active participation, thanks to you.
I know for a fact that you've been a running joke within the staff that actually has two deployed Designated Marksmen among them. Not wannabes, B(M-T space)T.. real Marksmen.

And you haven't run anyone off Sniper Hide. I'm reading and learning from these guys and it'll take more than a wannabe with a foul mouth to accomplish that. I'm here primarily to learn about state of the art optics and rifle platforms. My own experience is admittedly rather dated, and there seems to be quite a number of very sharp people here.
Interesting thread response, but it really wasn't something I should have started.

People are going to pay what it takes to feed a firearms habit, and I'm no exception. You can't spend that kind of money on a rifle and scope and then cheap out on mounts. If I really thought there was a remote chance of competing in that arena I'd do something about it, but there are easily 100 good hats in that ring already.

Think I'm not legit, B----T?? www.swissproductsllc.com
All Montana made right here in our machine shop. The one single thing we don't manuyfacture is the Iris for the 1,000 yard Diopter. They come from Germany..... simply too expensive to make in-house.

Thanks to the rest of you. I have learned and will continue to learn a few things, and this new rifle does have me thinking about reasonable accessories.

zfk55

ZFK.....PullEEEEEEEZE.....post some pictures of your new stick.....or maybe snooker one of your other family members to hi-jack some stock pictures from 15year old magazine articles and publish them.....kinda sorta like what you done over at that other website that you were a moderator at.....

the foul-mouth wannabe pleads with you.......here ,,,,wait....I just got up off the couch and put down my video controller.....PULLEEEEEZE post 'em ......

Ok. B(M-Ts)T. one pic, just for you and then that's it for me on this thread.
BTW.... that article is one I kept from the 1999 publication. It exists nowhere but here in our weapons room. Not hijacked. Mine.

My Grandson on the day it arrived.

20091diopter017.jpg

No more replys from me. That's it for me on this one.

zfk55

Close, but if it were Humble it's be a one-off $7K tacticool 375H&H!!

I'd like to see a picture of the other side of that receiver. Something to make it look like a one-off all custom to itself AR, instead of every other AR with a PRS, four rail tube, fluted barrel.

Is that a Barska or Countersniper scope?

After reading this whole posting, I kinda feel like a dumbass for paying $6k for a Knight SR25M in 1994.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uber Secret Ninjas of course... Here's Shaggyback on a Meth bust
2009-mallninja.jpg

</div></div>

Dude, I gave your wife that pic for a special birthday present. She wasnt supposed to share it with you. </div></div>

Yikes!! I dont think im gonna make down it for that hunting trip..

Just got off work and caught the tail end of this thread.$6000 for an AR-ANYTHING?Holy Shit!!!All an AR needs to be accurate is a quality barrel and trigger,good FF fore end,and good sights/optics.And good loads.Build what you want yourself,it ain't rocket science.I'd out that builder in a second.I can do a "Pimp Grade AR" for less than half that,and the wait will be a month.It will shoot with the best of them.Last week we went to the range and I shot consistent 3/4 MOA @ 100 with a 4X ACOG and no clear aiming point.My coyote ammo,6X45,65gr VMAX,27.5 H335,Rem 7 1/2.love to see what it would do with a 10X scope.

Does any branch of the military even use the AR-10? zfk55 got hosed,no doubt,and I'm sure he knows it.Wish I could have seen this thread before all the edits.

zfk is a stand up guy,I had some questions regarding stuff he is familiar with,always returns my emails with good info.I may actually buy one of those Swiss rifles one of these days,and he is the guy to see.Bad Karma to the builder that ripped him off.

Thanks, but stand up guys aren't involved in this kind of stupidity, so lets see if I can set this straight.
BoltTripper, you and I have some marginal history, and it appears that you have as much respect for my background and abilites as I have for yours, though my knowledge of yours is simple hearsay.
So how about we call a truce. Leave each other alone.
Its also not a good idea for brothers sof the gun to be behaving in this manner, so I'm not going to leave anyone hanging. Give me a little time and I'll fill in the blanks to everyone's satisfaction.
Lets see if I can set a bad beginning right. Back in a bit.

zfk55

zfk i have a honest legitimate question not trying to belittle you or knock on you for buying the rifle. But what all did the builder do to make it as expensive as it was? And also did he tell you that he built guns for the military, if so what branch or what country? Because to my knowledge the US military only uses Knight AR10s and variants of the SR25. Me personally i think that the builder may have over charged you for some labor by a long shot. Like mentioned above your post, these things need only a good barrel and trigger plus decent optics to shoot good. Id be interested in some specs on the gun as well. Please dont take this as condescending because its not meant that way, just trying to get some answers

....truce accepted ....on my end....but i got to tell you someone on your end....maybe another family member SURE got all wabi-sabi posting on ASSweb about the rifle builder of your new AR......(the old article from some publication).....who ever it was weenied out when challenged....w/absolutely no profanity or dis-respect.....just pointing out the facts.....anyway

enjoy your new toy.

Ok, Bolt. Actually he was following SP Company directives, that being "Absolutley no arguing or confrontation with <span style="font-style: italic">anyone</span> on <span style="font-style: italic">any website </span>for <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> reason." After going just a bit too far he was required to withdraw.

Anway..................................

------------------------------------------------

I'm no cherry, gents. I've been involved in military firearms for some 40 years as a dealer, collector and a Class III dealer. Had the original Barret Light 50's, a Famas, even one of the H&K G11 dealer samples. Original PE57s in the 70's and the first Sig 550 series from Golden State in the 80's. Dumped the C III when law enforcement sales dropped off in the mid 90's.
I was Montana's first Valmet and H&K dealer back in the early 80's, so I've been around the block a few times.

My partner and I have been making rifle accessories and precision sight systems for Swiss rifles for the past 10 years, and rather successfully. My son manages the business and monitors the net on C&R forums for Q&A with Swiss rifles. My history with Bolt Tripper is just that. History, and best left alone.

Now for the rifle in question. I first read about Mr. WIlson in a magazine in 1999. I was impressed enough to call him. He inforemd me that he didn't eally make rifles for civilians at the time, but that would probably change later.
I do have the original article, and if there's truly interest I'm willing to post it.
For the following ten years I wrote and then emailed him checking on availablity, and last year I gave up. My son, however, stumbled on the saved magazine pages in the weapons room and asked me about it all. I explained and he asked me to try again. I declined, but after a few eeks of his asking me to re-establish contact I gave it one more shot. I was surprised when Mr. Wilson responded. The rifle in questions is a one of a kind in the hands of a civilian. Its the last of a Wather Naval Contract 20" all SS rifle with the following specs in Wilson's words.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"From: xxxxxxx
To: xxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 6:15 PM
Subject: Yo!

Pierre, HBN is definitely viable. Go for it.

You can do your own moly process. You have to find <span style="font-style: italic">laboratory grade mds </span>(moly). or, by all means, do the hBN process.

The hBN article you highlighted is the preferred method for any of the processes. Good material.

The process on the barrel, probably requires some explanation. All of the properties applied, from the parent barrel material to the finishing process (electro-polishing) inclusive of the taper bore (there is a slight taper from breach to muzzle - about .0006" , that's six ten thousandths of an inch.) This achieves a couple of desired conditions: 1) linearization of the surface molecules of the bore surface {as you no doubt are aware from your machine tool background, every time a cutting tool touches the material a 'crust' is formed. This crust is what "barrel break in" is meant to correct. This is also, why 'break in' is minimal on your barrel}. Secondly, the taper configuration of the barrel, in affect, creates a freebore situation for the entire barrel length. Or, another way of looking at it is the barrel achieves a more uniform, or normalization condition for the bullet being pushed down the bore. All this achieves more even or consistent muzzle velocities which tightens standard deviation.

The point of all this is - barrel life!!. Instead of replacing that barrel every 3000 rounds or so, how about, well, I really don't know as yet. I have one of the first units built (my AR10s), a 24" version of yours that has 9700+ rds out of it and it is still a 1/2 MOA rifle!. There are those that have declared that we will have a wake for it when it's "shot out". The goal sought after was longevity. There was no data when I put the formula together some years back. It took time to demonstrate the objective.

Moly coating (or any process that augments the barrel surface 'normalization') is just part of the matrix.

I would hate to think that you would be waiting (in limbo) to shoot the rifle because of a shortfall of resources here. I am sure there is an answer somewhere with HBN. Let me know of the solutions you come up with. I used to have some moly, I am sure that I still do, - I just am unable to find it in all the crates scattered about in my life right now.

Keep me posted here.

Stewart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick breakdown on the $$'s.
Rifle cost delivered was $5,100.00
Premiere Glass as ordered is $2,899.00
Mounts $200.00

I knew exactly what I was buying and have absolutely no regrets. The rifle is now my Son's rifle and we're proceedign with hBN break-in and testing.

The hBN process is another discussion for some other time and not necessary here. I'll continue this explanation in a bit. Getting busy here this morning.

zfk55

i guess that only semi answers my question at best. In one of your posts i remember reading that you said he built weapons systems for the military, was that the US Military or some foreign military? And also what components did he use to actually build the rifle? IE barrel, upper, lower, trigger, rail system, and such? Im having a hard time figuring out why he charged you so much for a custom AR10

So what the fuck does that bullshit about moly have to do with the specs on the rifle?

And if its company policy to not argue with anyone on the net then why the fuck are you arguing?

Listen Outsyd this thread turned into a pissing match, and then the OP turned it around made his apologys and now we are trying to act like grown ups. No need for your post man, let it be. If you feel the need to start a pissing match with me dont do it on the thread, pm me

i gathered that from readin some stuff he has posted before. Hey you got a pm headed your way JRose

I am assuming that the barrel laping/coating process is some what proprietary to this builder. That could account for some of the cost.

Again, a builder can charge whatever he wants for his labor. It is tough to make a living doing that. You either have to make a ton of rifles or make a ton on each rifle.

I have no problem with that. Exclusivity is a commodity too, whether it be real or controled (i.e. builder only produces so many).

If you are happy with your rifle then it is worth it.

I personally am not sold on the barrel coating merrits (particularly in .308 and esspecially moly) but it will indeed be interesting to see the results.

But, you have to do us a favor, I want to see 10K rounds down that thing by the end of the year with a report!

We'll certainly do that Gugugbica, and we've already proven to ourselves that its a sub-moa rifle, chrono'd results and logged data.
We discarded the Moly process immediately and are using the Hexagonal Boron Nitride treatment. The barrel is already burnished and we're fine tuning the impact coating of the projectiles' amount and dwell time. Wilson agreed with the hBN being correct for the rifle, and the barrel mfg and profile is proprietary, thus a fair amount of the expense.
We machine a replacement mount for the zfk55 Swiss Sniper, and it certainly isn't worth the $300+ dollars that the dealrs sell it for, but there was an amount of R&D for which we need to be accommodated. SOP

55mount1.jpg

On the rifle....

315502.jpg

I understand and would never begrudge Wilson his due for a proprietary barrel/bolt/gas system combo.

My son has tactfully reminded me that the content of Wilson's emails is going to require editing for names and units. It would appear that I engaged mouth before brain as concerns his regular customers.

Back when I get this lined out.

zfk55

I definitely don't want to make this a cop out, so I'll have to be careful what I post. I'll start with these two emails. They're innocuous enough and won't compromise anyone.

--------------------------------------------------

Wilson300WSM.jpg

" This is An AR10 in 300WSM. It belongs to a Federal agent who after wringing it out at Quantico in Feb., '08 by two of the FBI Eval team, declared it, "the most accurate shoulder fired weapon system we ever tested". This after three shooters attained all shot under 2 1/2" five round groups at 840 yards. Many have tried to build the AR10 platform in this caliber. None have a done so reliably. I believe I have the only design that is functioning reliably to this date. This has a Lilja three groove barrel."

------------------------------------------------------------------

WilsonGrinder.jpg

16" 'Grinder" model. Light weight, quick cycling unit designed for friends who are contractors that wanted 'something that gets inside of vehicles'. Will not function reliably with heavy bullets. Handles only those in the 150 grain range. It turned out, as all successful units are, quite extraordinary in the accuracy department (1/2 moa at 400 yards with a batch of ammo from Lake City with '96 headstamp).

Anyway, just some examples of things I have made in the past few years.

Enjoy.

Regards, Stewart

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow up email

"This looks like Afghanistan, but it is the USMC high angle range, Hawthorne, NV. This is what a mile shot looks like. Actual range 1604 meters. .408CT, 419 gr. @ 2882 fps. Target is some heavy equipment debris with a three foot circle painted on it with a 12" bull. Four rounds fired. Group size was 27" W by 9" H with 2 in the bull."

MileShot.jpg

"Same here. I am never not working.
<span style="font-style: italic">Range is 1,000 yards. It was an impromtu set up. It was in conjuction with my forays into the surrounding areas. </span> (That first sentence concerned our rifle) I enjoy just poking around the back roads in the N. AZ terrain. I had a fatiguing week. Glad it's over. Also, just found out I am going to Italy late in the year. Italian Air Force is buying 25 .408 rifle systems. Actually, this deal has been ongoing for about 2 1/2 years. I'm the guy that gets on a plane to train the operators and maintenance people on the systems, I only go to places you would not really want to (the back injury was Pakistan). So when Italy came up - the boss was the only one going on that one! That figured. However, things changed and it looks like I get lucky on this one.

At any rate, the next project is getting all 25 rifles broke in and zeroed, calibrated and etc. That will take many weeks, particularly when the EDM shop is in Utah and I am here, - Oh well....

Stewart

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">16" 'Grinder" model. Light weight, quick cycling unit designed for friends who are contractors that wanted 'something that gets inside of vehicles'. Will not function reliably with heavy bullets. Handles only those in the 150 grain range. It turned out, as all successful units are, quite extraordinary in the accuracy department (1/2 moa at 400 yards with a batch of ammo from Lake City with '96 headstamp).
</div></div>

this sort of contradicts itself, and seems to be odd way to describe things... which LC is under 168 ?

I know I have a 16" AR10 from GAP, cost, well, cheap, but it holds a solid MOA @ at 800 yard and will consistently hit an 8" plate, other drivers have done so on command with it. It shoots 175gr Factory fair without missing a beat and wasn't anything secret, proprietary nor was it blessed with any sort of high speed goo... it just shoots.

Still think he is pushing the envelope on some of his claims but that is his deal. Its not hard to find a "contractor" to use your system, during the heyday they would spend money on anything without much concern.

But as long as your happy it really doesn't matter.

I think I need to end this here. If I answer the kinds of questions I can sense are coming I'm going to be compromising additional emails and info he didn't intend to go any further.
No doubt I jumped the gun and should have thought this through a bit better before posting. My error was in not realizing how intense S/H members can be. I've not been on a board like this before.

I'm going to continue to read the forums here and we'll definitely post targets and results once we're happy with the hBN process.
Thanks for your patience with me.

zfk55

+1 on the 16" gap. 1 moa at 800 yds with factory corbon 175s. No problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zfk55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I need to end this here. If I answer the kinds of questions I can sense are coming I'm going to be compromising additional emails and info he didn't intend to go any further.
No doubt I jumped the gun and should have thought this through a bit better before posting. My error was in not realizing how intense S/H members can be. I've not been on a board like this before.

I'm going to continue to read the forums here and we'll definitely post targets and results once we're happy with the hBN process.
Thanks for your patience with me.

zfk55 </div></div>

i dont think anyone was asking you to divulge information that might compromise opsec. I think what everyone was looking for was something along the line of this

Lower- Armalite, IRA, DPMS etc
Upper- Vltor, Armalite, DPMS etc
BCG- name
Rail system- YHM, Badger, Larue etc
Trigger- jewel, timney, CG etc
Stock- we all know its a magpul PRS
Barrel- rock, shilen, kreiger

and what the builder did to the action if anything

I'll have to wait till he returns on most of it, but I can tell you I do know. The upper/lower is Armalite, the bolt is S/S and the barrel is a Stainless Steel Walther, internally tapered and electropolished and the trigger group is unknown to me. Its not Armalite and though its probably known to you, I've not seen anything like it.
For more than that he'll have to be back in the US to answer me.
Later

zfk55

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zfk55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll have to wait till he returns on most of it, but I can tell you I do know. The upper/lower is Armalite, the bolt is S/S and the barrel is a Stainless Steel Walther, internally tapered and electropolished and the trigger group is unknown to me. Its not Armalite and though its probably known to you, I've not seen anything like it.
For more than that he'll have to be back in the US to answer me.
Later

zfk55 </div></div>

So you can honestly say that you paid 6 grand for a rifle that you dont know all the specs on?

I mean seriously brother I think you are stretching the truth here just a little bit and well its ok. But as I like to tell the women that I meet out ... "keep the lies to a minimum".