• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Ring/Mount scam

Re: The Ring/Mount scam

That's not something I do, Outsyd. I bought it based on his solid reputation and printed history.
I really do need to stop posting until I have the pertinent info. I'm not much on back and forth banter when I'm not backed with solid info.
I'll be back only when I have it.

zfk55

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zfk55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll have to wait till he returns on most of it, but I can tell you I do know. The upper/lower is Armalite, the bolt is S/S and the barrel is a Stainless Steel Walther, internally tapered and electropolished and the trigger group is unknown to me. Its not Armalite and though its probably known to you, I've not seen anything like it.
For more than that he'll have to be back in the US to answer me.
Later

zfk55 </div></div>

So you can honestly say that you paid 6 grand for a rifle that you dont know all the specs on?</div></div>
That is exactly what crossed my mind after reading that post!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zfk55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really do need to stop posting until I have the pertinent info.</div></div>
POOF...be gone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zfk55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's not something I do, Outsyd. I bought it based on his solid reputation and printed history.
I really do need to stop posting until I have the pertinent info. I'm not much on back and forth banter when I'm not backed with solid info.

zfk55 </div></div>

Look brother, Jered at APA has a hell of a reputation, George and the boys at GA Precision have a hell of a reputation, Terry Cross has a hell of a reputation, some of the smaller local builders have a hell of a reputation .... but Ill be damned if I am blindly going to buy a rifle that they built and not know specs on it.

Do you buy a car without knowing the specs on it ?

Things just arent computing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zfk55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's not something I do, Outsyd. I bought it based on his solid reputation and printed history.

zfk55 </div></div>

Look brother, Jered at APA has a hell of a reputation, George and the boys at GA Precision have a hell of a reputation, Terry Cross has a hell of a reputation, some of the smaller local builders have a hell of a reputation .... but Ill be damned if I am blindly going to buy a rifle that they built and not know specs on it.

Do you buy a car without knowing the specs on it ?

Things just arent computing. </div></div>

People buy shit like that all the time. Cars, guns, jewlery, art, or what have you, some people just go by someone else word or they read it somewhere.... so it must be credible. I see people do it on the Hide from time to time.

I know the answers to all of the questions being posed here, but if I told you I'd have to kill you
smile.gif

But seriously, anytime I see Cheytac mentioned I begin to think smoke and mirrors, and I'm seeing lots of haze and reflections in some of these answers. I remember asking a few questions of somebody that was always pimping Cheytac on this site, and after much prodding the answer that I got went something like "I'd answer your questions, but I don't think that you'd understand what I'd have to say. Besides, I just don't have the time. I'm on the way to the sandbox where I have bigger fish to fry". Many of you might know exactly who I'm talking about.

I remain sceptical of the whole thing at this point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpotcheckBilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm on the way to the sandbox where I have bigger fish to fry". Many of you might know exactly who I'm talking about.</div></div>
Haven't you heard...we already got Saddam
grin.gif