• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision The Rundown on Armasight Clip-On's

Delta4-3

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 21, 2013
Arkansas
At the bottom is a video that gives a outlines the similarities, differences, and capabilities of the CO-LR, CO-MR, and CO-Mini. I apologize for the length, I tried to cut it down as much as I could without leaving out crucial information. Also, you will notice I have a very difficult time talking to a camera, not really much I can do about that, but props to the guys (and girl) here that manage to do it an look classy!

For the month of April I am offering an additional 5% discount off of my pricing on most units, which includes all Armasight clip-on's. If you are military or LEO, Ill drop it a little more.

The Armasight clip-on's come with a wide variety of tube options.
Gen 2 is available with:
SD
ID
HD
QS (white phosphor)

Gen 3 is available with
bravo
Alpha
Pinnacle
Filmless Autogated
Ghost (white phosphor)

If you have any questions or would like pricing, please feel free to contact me. You can PM me here or contact me via my comms in my sig line. It is just my wife and I so most times email or PM is the quickest, but I will always make time to speak with you on the phone as well.

The three particular units I used to do the video will be sold as demo units, even though they are essentially new and still carry the full warranty from the date of purchase. If you are interested in one of these three units, feel free to inquire about them.
They are as follows:
CO-LR Gen 3 Alpha
CO-MR Gen 2 QS
CO-Mini Gen 3 Alpha

Thanks to all of you on the hide that have supported me and made this business work for my family and I!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZT3Tas81Hw

Thanks brother! Now if I can only figure out how to talk without completely forgetting what I am talking about we will be set!

Nice work.

Is it possible to change out the mount on the CO-LR to a Larue or Bobro or GDI?
I don't have an answer for that but I will get you one ASAP.
Thanks
ETA: The one that comes on it is resembles the ADM in function.

Last edited:
So far so good with my CO-MR QS. Had it a couple months now. Still doing some experiments, but I have nothing to complain about. Price, capability, etc. is outstanding. More or less just checking durability at his point, without abusing it (not throwing it, submerging the thing, etc). Just seeing how it holds up in a pack, rounds under it.

After being a little leery but curious about the QS, I'm finding that the extra detail it brings out is pretty impressive, especially being a Gen II.

And Aaron was one of the most helpful, patient people to work with that I've encountered. I am absolutely positive that Aaron would take care any issues that might arise.

Where are the tubes and other parts manufactured? Where are the units assembled? In the event of a problem, where are they serviced?

Where are the tubes and other parts manufactured? Where are the units assembled? In the event of a problem, where are they serviced?

It depends on the unit. Obviously a gen 1 device won't be made here since no one here makes gen1, that I am aware of. That is kind of a moot point though because I don't sell gen 1. The high end units though will be assembled in Arizona or California. The thermals are made AND assembled here. On the clip on's, the body is made in Europe (not Russia contrary to what some say), Im guessing the glass is not American, (but I will check, they use some really good glass, especially in the CO-LR) and the tube if it is gen 3 will be American. If it is Gen 2 it will depend on which tube it is, some are French (Photonis), some are American, and some are Russian (Gen 2 SD in particular).
They are serviced in the Armasight headquarters in South San Francisco.

The new PRO line, Which includes one of the awesomestest consumer thermals made with a 100mm lens and loooong range capability, is in production and will be released soon, and is made here as well.

The digital scopes use a lot of internal components from Sony, so that part is made in Japan.

I hope that answers the question. That was undoubtedly the worst grammar I have had in a single post on the Hide! If you are thinking of any unit in specific, I can be more specific. If I don't know the answer I'll do my best to get one for you.

Great video, Delta. Good explanations of the units and their capabilities. Outstanding!

The demo price I have on the three clip on units is a smoking deal, so if you are interested, this would be a great way to get a reduced cost unit with a full warranty! These three particular units have been babied.

Great video. Its nice to know the difference between clip on's and the limitations. Keep it up ..... more informative videos!

For those of you that don't know all the technical aspects of night vision, the head of Night Combat Solution's R&D department provides you with an extremely technical explanation.

Aura - YouTube

If anyone can tell me a good way to compress these video's (or whatever the term is) to where the quality is better than the above but it doesn't take 7 hours to upload, Ill give you $1.00 off your next purchase. Offer good through 3/31/2014.

Well, I wasn't surprised when I found out that the head of your R&D department knows way more about clip-ons than I do, haha! Great videos, Aaron, very informative.

What's the minimum amount of pic rail space you'd need for the Longrange Gen 3? Asking because these are almost 3 inches longer than the PVS22 and I don't have more than 4.5 inches of pic rail (6 inches from scope objective to end of rail) on my MARS rail for a clip on.

What's the minimum amount of pic rail space you'd need for the Longrange Gen 3? Asking because these are almost 3 inches longer than the PVS22 and I don't have more than 4.5 inches of pic rail (6 inches from scope objective to end of rail) on my MARS rail for a clip on.

The CO-LR has a 4" base and you need a minimum of at least 1.25" behind the rear of the mount. So you could get away with having a 3.5" long rail on your weapon, that is at least 1.25" away from the objective end of your day scope. Most of the length on the LR is out front.

The CO-MR has a 2" mount and needs a minimum of 2.5" between the back of the mount and the objective end of the day scope.

The CO-mini has the same mount as the MR, but needs a minimum of 1.5" between the back of the mount and the objective end of the day scope.

Definately interested in thermal clip ons. What is their performance at diferent ranges say 100 to 600 yards

Definately interested in thermal clip ons. What is their performance at diferent ranges say 100 to 600 yards

Just so happens there is about to be a sale on thermal clip-on's and dedicated NV scopes. Which unit do you have in mind specifically? 320 or 640?

Delta is a great people and while I can't speak about long term reliability of Armasight Clip-Ons I have Gen 3 CO-MR Bravo and CO-LR -Alpha
CO-MR Bravo held it's own with PVS-22 and had less POI shift and CO-LR Alpha was pretty good compared to L3 CNVD- not as good but 2.5 TIMES cheaper.

Now CO-LR Alpha outperformed CO=MR BRavo by wide margin so I'm sure grade of the tube has a bunch to do with performance.
CO-LR is quite heavier and if you do not need to run tons of magnification CO-MR is a much more pleasant to drive - light (lighter than PVS-22 by a margin) and with a great ergonomics.

I wish I had CO-MR Pinnacle :)

Reactions: mikefraz
Just so happens there is about to be a sale on thermal clip-on's and dedicated NV scopes. Which unit do you have in mind specifically? 320 or 640?

I really do not know yet. My day optic is a voirtex viper pst 2.5-10 x 32 ffp and the rifle really likes the 75 grain hornady suoperformance match stuff, so the platform has some range

I really do not know yet. My day optic is a voirtex viper pst 2.5-10 x 32 ffp and the rifle really likes the 75 grain hornady suoperformance match stuff, so the platform has some range

A 640 unit will cost almost twice as much, but give you much more range. Distances that you can safely engage a target using a thermal sight vary drastically, based on many factors. I'll try to put a list together of those factors.

Sure would be cool if they incorporated thermal and digital night vision into one unit!

Delta4-3...Would the CO-MR Gen 2 HD or QS at 4-6x power provide worse/same/better performance to the Nemesis Gen 2 ID 4x or 6x units at 100 yards? Optic would be either a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 or Vortex Viper PST 2-10x44. I'm looking to get a second NV shooting device that will be used with a Torch Pro. I'm currently running a D740 Pinnacle, but have never looked through Gen 2 before. I would like 6x magnification but the Nemesis 6x is 4.5lbs which is why I'm thinking CO-MR at 1.5lbs + day scope. Please send me a price on the CO-MR. Thanks.

Im not delta but I have a D740 and a Armasight CO-X Gen 2 HD. The D740 is brighter than the CO-X but being able to dial to 8X is a big plus. I can see things that the D740 can't simply because of being able to dial to a higher power. Last week my partner and I went out and did a night qual. We were in almost total darkness. It was a clear night with stars in the sky but no moon or lights from houses because we were out in BFE. The D740 could not see pick up small targets that the CO-X could. My partner struggled while I did not. I will post some pics later. If it were me snce you already have a dedicated night scope I would opt for the clip on. The Armaisht's are a solid product. Mine has very little shift, about .5 MOA up.

Thanks GhostFace. Is 8x the max effective magnification for you before it starts getting blurry? What day scope are you using?

I was using a 4.5-14 Leuopld 50mm MK IV that sits on my AR-10T. It doesn't get too bad until about 12X but it gets very dark. If I have alot of light (houses &street lights) 10X is very doable IMHO. I have a 6-24 PST on my R700 but it's at a friends house and he is going to open up the B.O. IMUNS for me, barrel is too thick. Once that is done I will play with it alot on that rifle.

I ran 9x last night on both CO-LR (3P) and Thermal 32(60). With T20 IR (which I only turned on to look) the CO-LR was clear as day, when the IR was off the CO-LR was clear as NV night :). This was at 109yds. The thermal was a bit pixelated, but certainly clear enough for a shot (see natural point of aim thread in stupid sub-forum for pics). I was "waiting for the WASP" but decided to go with the CO-LR ... the only real issue so far is the length ... it is a LOT longer than my ancient PS-22. On 7.62 rifle with carbine length gas block and 14.25 inch usable rail, the LP 3-18x (11.9 inch) scope is all the way to the rear and the CO-LR fits in the last available slot on front. On my BCM 14.5 inch upper (with pinned and welded BC 1.5) I have 20 inches of usable rail space and can mount everything optimally, but the lens of the CO-LR is right over the gas ports of the Battle Comp, so I have to use some gorilla tape under the lens to protect it. The Apollo is long, but not as long. But my advice is to think and measure all your situations on all the rifles you would use the gear on. I ordered custom 17 inch rail bases for my bolt guns, but now realize I need to call up and change that order to make them 20 inch !

==
Delta, you can't forget what you're talking about, you're talking about Night Vision !!!
:D

Also, is there a very big difference between the SD, ID, and HD with the CO-MR Gen 2?