• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing The Stars Were.....LINED UP!!!

8 yards?? I don't even understand how you get that close to an animal that size...congratulations, that is one gorgeous animal. I wanted to ask if you happened to know Terry Crooks from Libby, MT? I am not a bow hunter, and don't know anything about these scores people are asking about but I know he holds a record for an elk taken with a bow. I'm sure there are lots of different records so I don't know if his is even in the same category, but several years ago I got to spend a lot of time in the woods with him and I have a lot of respect for folks like him and yourself that can take such amazing trophy animals with something like a recurve bow. Unbelievable...congrats again!

WOW! I think I just peed myself alittle .that's absooolllutly amazing.justpicked myself up a recurve dis summer gotta get a string made up and get practicing.congrads.

HO....LEE.....SHIITE Pat!! What a monster! Well done Sir, and with a recurve no less....congrats!! Can you tell us the story please?
What weight is your bow?

bw010.jpg

Congratulations on a bull of a lifetime. And I am SO happy to see you used a recurve too. Makes it even sweeter.

FN in MT

Thanks Pat! Did the arrow get full penetration? Did you use a traditional broadhead? Two or three blade?

75# recurve, I'll bet that one is hard to hold at full draw for long. lol
I've always liked the Black Widow bows, very pretty.

btw smack that skeeter on your wrist.

R

That is an amazing elk!! Congratulation.
Got me jacked up for my elk hunt coming up in Oct.

Pat,

A+++++++

Now you can concentrate on hunting with the boys! Best wishes for a great season with them!

75# stickbow, Holy shit!
My Great Plains is 60# and I thought I was a tough guy...

My hat is off to you! I am a life long bowhunter and that is world class bull! Congrats.

Anyone who can even get a 75# recurve to full draw once is much a man in my book! I had a 65# Black Widow for a few years but ended up selling it back to the guy I got it from.

More than I could shoot comfortably.....

That is the kind of bull that dreams are made of! A monster in any state and ever better for Montana! Congratulations on the bull of a life time, I was 0 for 5 on drawing tags this year, but there is always hope of chasing bugling bulls with my stick and string again next year. Truly a beautiful bull!

Very nice. Just showed the pictures to my elk obsessed 2.5 yr old daughter. She said, "That is really neat, that mans my friend."

Very Awesome Pat Congrats!!! Very handsome bow my fiance just ordered one he sold his last black widow awhile ago he really loved it. Think he got a takedown this time around though.

So was this an archery only area?

Aloha!

Wow....just wow. What an incredible bull, and with traditional tackle no less. Big ole' tip o' the cap to you sir!

Those ivories are worn down to nubs...and I after I saw the cedar shafts, I was hoping there were zwickey's mixed in there too. Congrats, truly the experience of a lifetime.

Pat,
I just got back from hunting the Throughfare out of Cody WI., first Rifle week, and after hunting 4 days for my bull I can't even imagine how you took that beautiful Elk with a recurve!! That had to be the most gratifying hunt you been on. Congratulations! you must be one hellava hunter.