• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Just got out of seeing this flick.

Damn good!

Reminds me of a mix of the movie "HEAT" with Pacino and DeNiro and Mystic River.

Loved it, very intense at times.

Re: The Town

Saw it today. I enjoyed it. Just thought it was slow in a few places but overall it was a good movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Herr.Baer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw it today. I enjoyed it. Just thought it was slow in a few places but overall it was a good movie. </div></div>

It has to be slow in places so the women folk can catch up!!

Good movie, one of Ben Affleck's better films. Definitely reminded me of "Heat" as well.

Have to see this movie, Heat has a special place in my life and is one of the best movies of our time. ( In my opinion )

I saw it last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. One of the less painful $10.75 I have spent on a movie lately.

We saw it last night. Good movie overall.

While it had some Heat moments, it was it's own movie.

I saw it last night, pretty good. Especially for fans of the HK416. Ben Affleck should stick to Boston movies, he seems to be pretty good at making them.

Could have used some Dropkick Murphy's in the soundtrack, but maybe that is too cliche now. Overall, I would say it was an 8 out of 10. I didn't even mind missing The Expendables to see it.

Saw it a week ago with my girl, I dug the movie for sure, def will buy it on DVD, awesome action and storyline.

I thought it was a very good movie as well. Reminiscent of <span style="font-style: italic">Heat</span> indeed, but good characterization and a good plot. I downloaded <span style="font-style: italic">Prince of Thieves</span> from Amazon to my iphone walking out to my car...
laugh.gif

If it's as good as the movie, I'll have found a new author to follow.

edited to add: I've read the first two chapters, and Hogan can <span style="font-style: italic">write</span>. He's damn near as good with dialog as the late George V. Higgins, who, due to his death, isn't writing any more. Good books to read - life is good!

Roger that. It annoys me when writers I really like pass away. There aren't enough of them, as I can read faster than they can collectively write as it is.

Of course, one can always re-read them, and I've done that quite a bit. It might be time to run through Higgins again.

Not sure what to say other than I liked it. Some of the gun battles made it worth it to see in the theater. There were a couple funny moments as well.

I feel like Ben Affleck can really only act when he has a Boston accent. First Good Will Hunting and now The Town. On a side note, I did enjoy the movie.

The movie was excellent. So many good parts.
FBI agent "Give it up coughlin, it's over"
Coughlin's response(Boston accent) "Faaacck You"

I liked the sequencing, especially the revenge in the floral shop. I think the 4 foot gun battle in the back of the shop was a little drawn out, since they shot like 10 times at each other, and missed...

Great movie, reminded me of Heat as well. + 1 on the sequencing.