• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Ultimate - 20 mm Suppressed

Re: The Ultimate - 20 mm Suppressed

I guess they're looking for a longer than .50BMG anti-material round. Maybe anti-aircraft too?

I have fired this rifle, it was an incredible experience. The guys that build the thing are good people, this is good news for them.

Barrier Penetration, I know they were playing with 50 cals, 408's and 338's and said none of them would do what they wanted. Probably be good and destroying large jet engines as well.

What the hell does the Bureau need something like that for?? I dont see HRT it utilizing ha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">probably just using up that end of the year money in the budget... </div></div>

They should be using those funds to finish processing my applications.

barrier penetration = 600grains of powder pushing a 1600 grain projectile over 3200 FPS

Why does it say this???Non-firing bolt assemblies (Qty: 2 each)

Are they just going to admire at it?

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why does it say this???Non-firing bolt assemblies (Qty: 2 each)

Are they just going to admire at it?

Steve </div></div>

Training

Damn they could have found a better 20mm system than that IMO!!

Also I would venture they getting them on the thought process of it is cheaper to get the rounds from the Govt (due to the huge surplus they have of the 20mm rounds) than to buy the "proper" 50BMG rounds needed.

Its funny how they put that solicitation out just few months after the "BIG" 20mm and 50cal testing that was done at CRANE and the results of said test.

Thanks

I can't imagine any legitimate purpose for that expenditure other than the fact that it's being paid for by all of us, rather than the people making that decision.

I'll bet ya Sniperhide dot drills would be fun with it

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Damn they could have found a better 20mm system than that IMO!!"</span>

Later- you don't think that the Anzio is that good? I've never shot one, but they look like well built products. Also, I bet that you would be hard pressed to find a mag fed 20mm gun for less than what they are selling it for. Who else even makes something like that?

Now if Desert Tactical would make a 20mm barrel for my SRS....

The main reason to have a shoulder fired rifle chambered in 20x102mm is payload - it's an HTI weapon, not really an ELR weapon. The main reason being that I don't think you're going to find consistent 20mm match ammo, but you can have payload capabilities that exceed that of .50BMG.

Unlike .mil applications, I can't see the FBI operating in a non-permissive environment where ELR ranges are beneficial. If it's direct action then it's HRT and if it's HRT then they control the immediate AO. Period.

Barrier penetration, HTI, etc - that's most likely the need, in my opinion.

cant wait to see gray crown vics pulling the howitzers they're getting next year!

they probably bought them for study so they can provide all the reasons under the sun why civilians shouldn't own one

It is about time, I always felt the .50 was a bit feeble...

If we look at the weight of the projectile, 1600 grains, and the velocity, 3300 fps, we find that the muzzle energy of this badboy is around 38,700 foot pounds. That is nearly three times the energy of the 50. I am not even sure what conclusion should be drawn from that, but whatever.

It does make you wonder why though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">"Damn they could have found a better 20mm system than that IMO!!"</span>

Later- you don't think that the Anzio is that good? I've never shot one, but they look like well built products. Also, I bet that you would be hard pressed to find a mag fed 20mm gun for less than what they are selling it for. Who else even makes something like that?
</div></div>

Correct!! I do not think they are that good.
Also when you pulling trigger on case with that much powder then "cheaper" should not be a selling point lol.
Also there are several better systems IMO..see link below for a few of them along with some testing done.

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2009infantrysmallarms/thursdaysessionxi8503.pdf

Thanks

Big guns and cans go along just fine...
(sorry, couldn't resist)

155mm_suppressor-tfb.jpg

ifl_schalldampfer_76fs-tfb.jpg

ifl_schalldaempfer_sch_368o-tfb.jpg

More:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/16/worlds-largest-gun-suppressor/

Haha, thats great.

....anyone remember the movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.....

they used 20mm to open bank vaults....Jeff Bridges was much younger then.

My personal problem with 20mm platforms is I get a negative feeling every time I look at one and think "aww crap, humping or jumping that thing is gonna suck!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later.....

What have you been up to.....</div></div>

PM Sent..Give me a call

I've fired the Anzio 20 and i can tell you the first thing i noticed about it is how rugged and well built it was. Another pleasant surprise was a thoughtfully constructed bi-pod, once behind the rifle i was able to make adjustments and get on target without feeling like i'd been lifting weights. The rifle is a quality piece, built in the USA by Americans. I didnt hesitate to pull the trigger on the first round and im looking forward to another opportunity to do it again.
IMG_1773.jpg

Maybe they wanna be able to stop big rigs?

Hey, as long as they don't point it at me, I hope they have a <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">BUNCH</span></span> of 'em. Good for Anzio, good for national security, and a world of hurt on BG's Nationwide. Yeah, Baby!!!

Now <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">That's</span></span> what I call a Stimulus Package!!!

Greg