• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Vudoo 22S Action

Candoo

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2020
Everyone has been requesting me to post some information as to what makes the Vudoo 22S action unique as it pertains to Rimfire Benchrest Accuracy. Here is just one!!

The ignition system is fully adjustable, all you need is a small Allen wrench. You can adjust pin fall in .015” increments per one complete rotation in or out to increase or decrease pin fall. In doing this you will at the same time increase or decrease the amount of energy a particular spring can deliver. To do this, the firearm does not have to be removed from the stock. The bolt assembly is simply taken apart as if you were cleaning it. Make an adjustment, reassemble, and let the results speak for themselves.

At the present time there are 4 different spring ratings for the 22S. There is also between .060” to .075” adjustment range for most combinations; this is a base line NOT ETCHED in stone.

This is another BASE line NOT etched in STONE; this is to get everyone that’s interested in improving accuracy some basic guide lines from what I have discovered in the last four years. The outside of the firing pin needs to strike about .015” to .021” from the outer edge (the outside rim of the case). The depth of the firing pin indention on a fired case of Eley ammo needs to be between .013” to .015”. If you are shooting Lapua, it will more than likely be less, most of the time depth will be .011” to .013”. This will end up being different for some of you, but this is a good place to start. If you measure these cases and the measurements are more than .002” spread you have other problems to worry about.

Note, each one of these spring combinations and pin fall adjustments are going to give different results. Those same results will change over time; this is something that is going to change as you make changes as well as ammo changes. My advice is to get a shooting buddy, get On Target Software, and document what you are doing. NUMBERS do NOT LIE. If you are wanting to be a more accurate shooter this will be a good place to start.

I think the future is going to just get brighter with Vudoo Gun Works. Mike was here on Tuesday last week. We had a great discussion about Rimfire Benchrest in general, and we both want to make the sport better for the shooters in this crazy discipline.

Guys and Girls, I am very busy working with Vudoo Gun Works and Mike, which can be a pain in my @^!&((%; not to mention getting Bullet Pro 150 up and running. Your patience is appreciated.

Hope this helps!!
Ivanhoe

I saw a bunch of pictures from the Inaugural BP 150 and it looked great. Obviously people were enjoying themselves. If people are impatient it is only because they have great expectations, both for the V22S and BP150.

Good luck, keep healthy.

Reactions: todde and RAVAGE88
There is a lot of very good information in Ivan's post. The v22s has adjustments that are quick and easy to achieve the numbers he has posted.
Todd

Awesome post Ivan.

I'm getting back in the mix after a pretty hard week of travel and anxiously awaiting my rifle's arrival from KY. I traveled with a rifle down to AL so my Factory Hot Rod shipped home via UPS. The local weather is showing signs of change, so I'll get on the range with it soon. Ivan and I are slated to head to Lapua in OH in early March to lot test and I'll start hitting local matches pretty hard.

Gonna be a fun Spring....

MB

Ivan, can you comment about BP150 matches that might be available this year? I shot the first match, and would like to shoot more, but have not seen any posted.

Thanks,

RFS99

Reactions: DRACO
Ivan, can you comment about BP150 matches that might be available this year? I shot the first match, and would like to shoot more, but have not seen any posted.

Thanks,

RFS99
Hey RFS99, we are currently waiting schedules from the present match directors as well as growing as a whole. At this time, the first match was scheduled in Puryear, TN at Henry County Gun Club in February but was postponed because of weather to March 20 and then will occur on every 3rd Saturday. There is a monthly match at Buck Creek Range in Somerset, KY that will be on Saturday, April 3, then every first Saturday during the season. We are still waiting for schedules from Madisonville, TN and others. Our website is about ready to go, but we have been utilizing Instagram to post information on the matches in the meantime; follow us at bulletpro150 as well as message us there. Share with us your email and we will send you the website kick off. Feel free to PM us if you need more information. Thank you for your interest in Bullet PRO 150!

Hope this helps,
Ivanhoe

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Hey RFS99, we are currently waiting schedules from the present match directors as well as growing as a whole. At this time, the first match was scheduled in Puryear, TN at Henry County Gun Club in February but was postponed because of weather to March 20 and then will occur on every 3rd Saturday. There is a monthly match at Buck Creek Range in Somerset, KY that will be on Saturday, April 3, then every first Saturday during the season. We are still waiting for schedules from Madisonville, TN and others. Our website is about ready to go, but we have been utilizing Instagram to post information on the matches in the meantime; follow us at bulletpro150 as well as message us there. Share with us your email and we will send you the website kick off. Feel free to PM us if you need more information. Thank you for your interest in Bullet PRO 150!

Hope this helps,
Ivanhoe
Candoo, thanks for the update and I am happy to see your new baby get going! One additional question. Can you refresh my memory on the Factory Hot Rod class? I have a custom rifle now, KSS 2500X, Shilen, B&A, with a Harrell's tuner. I know we need to have a two piece rest for FHR, but I can't remember if the tuner is allowed in FHR or does that bump me up to Unlimited?

Thanks,

RFS99

Reactions: todde
I had understood that there would be BP-150 matches at Oil Capital and Rimfire Ridge last fall and am hoping that the upcoming outdoor season will see a schedule at these clubs. I really enjoyed shooting at the inaugural match in Kentucky and the match we hosted at my gun club, Angelina Rifle and Pistol Range, in Lufkin, Texas.

You've got a great target and everyone that I know who has shot it is enthusiastic to shoot matches.

On another note I'd like to order targets so we can schedule another BP-150 fun match at Angelina. Let me know if targets are available and how I can order them.

Best Regards,

Norm Flynn

Candoo, thanks for the update and I am happy to see your new baby get going! One additional question. Can you refresh my memory on the Factory Hot Rod class? I have a custom rifle now, KSS 2500X, Shilen, B&A, with a Harrell's tuner. I know we need to have a two piece rest for FHR, but I can't remember if the tuner is allowed in FHR or does that bump me up to Unlimited?

Thanks,

RFS99
From RFC

Factory Hotrod Class
Any factory made action; Examples: Anschultz, Suhl, CZ, Remington, 40X and so on.
Barrel type, no restriction
Tuner, no restriction
Stock, no restriction
Trigger, no restriction
Scope, no restriction
In the factory class, you must shoot from some form of two-piece rest system with at least one sand bag on one end or the other. Yes you can use a sand bag on both ends if you like”

Not sure if the 2500X is considered a "Factory Action"

I hope this helps.

Gjmen22

Reactions: RAVAGE88
From RFC

Factory Hotrod Class
Any factory made action; Examples: Anschultz, Suhl, CZ, Remington, 40X and so on.
Barrel type, no restriction
Tuner, no restriction
Stock, no restriction
Trigger, no restriction
Scope, no restriction
In the factory class, you must shoot from some form of two-piece rest system with at least one sand bag on one end or the other. Yes you can use a sand bag on both ends if you like”

Not sure if the 2500X is considered a "Factory Action"

I hope this helps.

Gjmen22
No doubt there's a great deal of interest in the Bullet Pro 150 but I think we should all wait until the match rules are complete and published. This applies especially to the Factory Class as this is the most difficult and usually the most controversial class to establish.

I understand the website (as of Feb 23) is nearing completion. Ivan posted preliminary schedules for matches fairly close to his home (KY and TN) and I'm hoping that he'll re-schedule matches in Arkansas and Oklahoma that were planned last fall.

With the outdoor season beginning in the spring we should see some "club" matches and I anticipate the rules, website, targets purchase and sanctioning opportunities should all be available soon.

Norm Flynn

For those who have been anxiously awaiting developments in BP-150 ... like "how can I buy targets?" ... "or how can I sanction my club for BP-150 benchrest matches? ... or "where can I find BP-150 benchrest matches to shoot?" you can now access the Bullet Pro 150 website.

Go to: www.bulletpro150.com

The website is still under construction but it is up and running for the basics. Still no rules but "Coming Soon...in the works!" is on the page where the rules will be published.

Hope this helps Ivan spread the word!!!!!

It's not fair Mike's on vacation.

Ivanhoe

Attachments

• Actions 2 (2).jpg
    Actions 2 (2).jpg
    743 KB · Views: 284
  • Actions 3 (2).jpg
    Actions 3 (2).jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Actions 4 (2).jpg
    Actions 4 (2).jpg
    675.3 KB · Views: 288
I'm really curious about the back story for Ivan's photos ... that's a lot of actions and all those measurement tools.

I'd love to know the mission associated with these photos?

Reactions: Williwaw
I'm really curious about the back story for Ivan's photos ... that's a lot of actions and all those measurement tools.

Well norm it looks as if Ivan is doing what he is paid to do. That would be giving Mike bush additional information from his perspective about the V22s action and how it translates to rimfire accuracy.

Interesting question. I just assumed that these were the normal parts (or prototypes) coming off the line at Vudoo, measured, and then mixed and matched by Ivan to see if there is a better than average combination. If so, then I would assume a spec tightening aligned to replicate those preferred combo's in the manufacturing environment. Now, that is probably a long stretch from just looking at those photos, but my intuition and manufacturing background took over....

RFS99

Interesting question. I just assumed that these were the normal parts (or prototypes) coming off the line at Vudoo, measured, and then mixed and matched by Ivan to see if there is a better than average combination. If so, then I would assume a spec tightening aligned to replicate those preferred combo's in the manufacturing environment. Now, that is probably a long stretch from just looking at those photos, but my intuition and manufacturing background took over....

RFS99
Yessir, your assumption is correct, they're typical of what's produced everyday and Ivan is cataloging info which is a common practice before building a rifle. Through the process, we share info that leads to minor revisions and in some cases, really cool ideas.

MB

A little update!!

V.L.P. No wine until it's time.

Attachments

• Vudoo actions and barrels.jpeg
    Vudoo actions and barrels.jpeg
    968.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Vudoo action and barrels #3.jpg
    Vudoo action and barrels #3.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Vudoo action and barrels #2.jpg
    Vudoo action and barrels #2.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Vudoo Stocks.jpeg
    Vudoo Stocks.jpeg
    718.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Vudoo Stocks #2.jpeg
    Vudoo Stocks #2.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Vudoo Stocks #3.jpg
    Vudoo Stocks #3.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 178
Ivan: What tool could I use at my range bench to measure depth of strike on cartridge? If a spring (say 14#) gets a FTF occasionally could the pin spring compression be adjusted for a heavier strike to fix the problem?

Everyone has been requesting me to post some information as to what makes the Vudoo 22S action unique as it pertains to Rimfire Benchrest Accuracy. Here is just one!!

The ignition system is fully adjustable, all you need is a small Allen wrench. You can adjust pin fall in .015” increments per one complete rotation in or out to increase or decrease pin fall. In doing this you will at the same time increase or decrease the amount of energy a particular spring can deliver. To do this, the firearm does not have to be removed from the stock. The bolt assembly is simply taken apart as if you were cleaning it. Make an adjustment, reassemble, and let the results speak for themselves.

At the present time there are 4 different spring ratings for the 22S. There is also between .060” to .075” adjustment range for most combinations; this is a base line NOT ETCHED in stone.

This is another BASE line NOT etched in STONE; this is to get everyone that’s interested in improving accuracy some basic guide lines from what I have discovered in the last four years. The outside of the firing pin needs to strike about .015” to .021” from the outer edge (the outside rim of the case). The depth of the firing pin indention on a fired case of Eley ammo needs to be between .013” to .015”. If you are shooting Lapua, it will more than likely be less, most of the time depth will be .011” to .013”. This will end up being different for some of you, but this is a good place to start. If you measure these cases and the measurements are more than .002” spread you have other problems to worry about.

Note, each one of these spring combinations and pin fall adjustments are going to give different results. Those same results will change over time; this is something that is going to change as you make changes as well as ammo changes. My advice is to get a shooting buddy, get On Target Software, and document what you are doing. NUMBERS do NOT LIE. If you are wanting to be a more accurate shooter this will be a good place to start.

I think the future is going to just get brighter with Vudoo Gun Works. Mike was here on Tuesday last week. We had a great discussion about Rimfire Benchrest in general, and we both want to make the sport better for the shooters in this crazy discipline.

Guys and Girls, I am very busy working with Vudoo Gun Works and Mike, which can be a pain in my @^!&((%; not to mention getting Bullet Pro 150 up and running. Your patience is appreciated.

Hope this helps!!
Ivanhoe
hello, I am a French competitor in benchrest rimfire and also a gunsmith, I will in a few days receive my order of 5 VUDOO V22S actions and I am impatient to be able to try these new weapons, I have a lot of American rimfire rifles, I have can't wait to compare and get an idea on these beautiful VUDOO
Luc BROUQUIER

Reactions: Hegre and 10ring1
Candoo, is it time to buy a V22s for ARA competitions? Is the rifle ready for tuning to be competitive in the matches?

Also, do you have any updates on the tuning parameters that you shared at the start of this thread?

Thanks,

RFS99

Hope this helps!!
Ivanhoe

Hope this helps!!
Ivanhoe
Ivan what is the best way to remove paint on firing pin? What is best way to polish spring inside and out?

Reactions: 10ring1
Stephen,

Why would you want to do that in any case?? Can you polish and round the sharp corners of the FP that slide
through the spring or in it's guide slot? What is your perceived gain in this venture?

Ivan will likely remove paint and polish it in ways you cant because you don't have his tools or life experience.
I recently bought this firing pin for my Springfield 1922 M2 and it was covered in crap. I cleaned the grease from it and
then had it sand blasted. I could have skipped the blasting but it was available and fast and got into every corner.
Then I chucked it up in my 1/2" battery drill and sanded it with some 220 wet / dry.
Then it got a bath in some cold blue. If your talking about a small spring like one that is in a Vudoo, you
can probably chuck that in your drill as well. You could use a screw extractor to get a bite on the inside of the small
springs.

You can also get cork or rubber stoppers and put a spindle in them. The flanged type are best. Mine were hooks that had flanges
and I cut the hook from them. One of them shown is a square screw extractor that doesn't have a tendency to screw itself inward while
using it. .

You can find a socket that nearly matches the OD of the spring and tape it to the spring. If your stopper is too small,
you can make it a little larger with tape. For the ID of the spring you can wrap or barber pole a transfer punch or other
small diameter with 220 and polish it. It really comes down to what tools you have and how creative you can be.
Me telling you to use a tool that only I have is a waste of our time. You could cut a small wood dowel lengthwise
and put a strip of 220 in it. Or you could use some double sided carpet tape to attach the wet / dry to the spindle or you
choice.

Attachments

• 20220207_203308.jpg
    20220207_203308.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220207_201736.jpg
    20220207_201736.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220207_201830.jpg
    20220207_201830.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220207_201800.jpg
    20220207_201800.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220207_201748.jpg
    20220207_201748.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1 FP.jpg
    1 FP.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 37
Ivan what is the best way to remove paint on firing pin? What is best way to polish spring inside and out?
I soaked my FP in acetone for a few minutes, and scrubbed with a old toothbrush. Any paint thinner/remover should work. I did not polish my FP in any manner.

Stephen,

Why would you want to do that in any case?? Can you polish and round the sharp corners of the FP that slide
through the spring or in it's guide slot? What is your perceived gain in this venture?

Ivan will likely remove paint and polish it in ways you cant because you don't have his tools or life experience.
I recently bought this firing pin for my Springfield 1922 M2 and it was covered in crap. I cleaned the grease from it and
then had it sand blasted. I could have skipped the blasting but it was available and fast and got into every corner.
Then I chucked it up in my 1/2" battery drill and sanded it with some 220 wet / dry.
Then it got a bath in some cold blue. If your talking about a small spring like one that is in a Vudoo, you
can probably chuck that in your drill as well. You could use a screw extractor to get a bite on the inside of the small
springs.

You can also get cork or rubber stoppers and put a spindle in them. The flanged type are best. Mine were hooks that had flanges
and I cut the hook from them. One of them shown is a square screw extractor that doesn't have a tendency to screw itself inward while
using it. .

You can find a socket that nearly matches the OD of the spring and tape it to the spring. If your stopper is too small,
you can make it a little larger with tape. For the ID of the spring you can wrap or barber pole a transfer punch or other
small diameter with 220 and polish it. It really comes down to what tools you have and how creative you can be.
Me telling you to use a tool that only I have is a waste of our time. You could cut a small wood dowel lengthwise
and put a strip of 220 in it. Or you could use some double sided carpet tape to attach the wet / dry to the spindle or you
choice.
To improve consistency, see Evielo McDonald comments on Ftf.

I have never polished a spring, so I would not be one to give advice on how, nor would I ever cut a spring off. If the ground ends of a spring were Sharp on the outer edges, I may stone them off so they may not damage a part they could come it contact with.

Ivanhoe

• Haha
Reactions: Fuckmikebush
I should have offered up that I'm not polishing springs in .22LRs. The springs that I polish are in a HW 97K air rifles
and run inside of a Teflon or UHMW liner and around the same type of bushing.

I was simply offering ideas for poster #28s question.

Personally, I remove the rear polymer thrust bearing and replace it with needle bearings.
Trigger sears are polished with 9 and then 3 micron AO PSA backed lapping film.

I will look up Evielo McDonalds comments as I have my reservations if you mean Failure to fire.

Attachments

• DSC01558.JPG
    DSC01558.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01839.JPG
    DSC01839.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 40
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 41
To improve consistency, see Evielo McDonald comments on Ftf.
I should have offered up that I'm not polishing springs in .22LRs. The springs that I polish are in a HW 97K air rifles
and run inside of a Teflon or UHMW liner and around the same type of bushing.

I was simply offering ideas for poster #28s question.

Personally, I remove the rear polymer thrust bearing and replace it with needle bearings.
Trigger sears are polished with 9 and then 3 micron AO PSA backed lapping film.

I will look up Evielo McDonalds comments as I have my reservations if you mean Failure to fire.

Hope this helps!!
Ivanhoe
Ivan does the pin strike .015-.021” from outer edge include crescent and chisel point pins?

Ivan does the pin strike .015-.021” from outer edge include crescent and chisel point pins?
That is a reference, what ever firing pin shape you may have compressing the metal on the outer edge does nothing more than waste kinetic energy. Hitting inside the reference .103" radius or less you are compressing nothing inside the case. (RIMFIRE)

Hope this Helps!!

Ivanhoe

Attachments

• FiringPinPic.JPEG
    FiringPinPic.JPEG
    66.8 KB · Views: 91
  • FiringPinCases.JPEG
    FiringPinCases.JPEG
    70.2 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: todde