• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Worlds fastest Caliber Swap!

Re: The Worlds fastest Caliber Swap!

Adding fuel to the fire. Nice try though.
wink.gif

I'm happy enough with swapping my Savage around... thanks.

DK

I get the coolness of a caliber change. But what's the big deal if it takes 11 seconds or 10 minutes?

Swap it from a 308 to a .50 in 11 seconds ands you might have something.... If you could quick detach a pre-sighted scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... If you could quick detach a pre-sighted scope.</div></div>

That's the key!!
eek.gif

What's the problem with swapping uppers on say, an AR?

223 to 300 Blackout to 6.5 grendel to 22lr to 50BMG all in less than a couple minutes.

Nice second post...and convenient coincidence you're from CA, as is Nemesis? Maybe, maybe not...

Now try & hit something with it, i bet it an't zeroed.
Go shoot it change the barrel using only hands (no tools)with the scope in place & shoot it again.Will it hold zero?

Bonneville, they have a video of it doing that, and on MOA sized steel to around 500 yards it worked fine.

As far as <span style="text-decoration: underline">changing</span> barrels/calibers, not just removing and reinstalling the SAME barrel and holding a zero... even in a perfect world this wouldn't work.

Different caliber usualy means different bullet and different velocity. How could you expect even the PERFECT rifle to do that?

EDIT: Maybe if you had done some homework and found where the drop of both barrels/calibers intersect; zero the rifle for that range and make some dope tables based off that zero for both barrels.

If you had 3 calibers, you would probably be concidered optimistic to find a trajectory in which all 3 intersect.

I cant see a scenario in which someone would need to change calibers in 10 seconds, much less 20 minutes. As long as it doesnt take you 1/2 the day, wheres the advantage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the problem with swapping uppers on say, an AR?

223 to 300 Blackout to 6.5 grendel to 22lr to 50BMG all in less than a couple minutes. </div></div>

50 BMG on an AR? I have heard of a 50 Beowulf before.

Pro<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nicholas306</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the problem with swapping uppers on say, an AR?

223 to 300 Blackout to 6.5 grendel to 22lr to 50BMG all in less than a couple minutes. </div></div>
50 BMG on an AR? I have heard of a 50 Beowulf before.</div></div>
Well, IMHO this is better than 50 Beowulf: ZEL CUSTOM MFG.'S TACTILITE .50 BMG / .416 BARRETT / .338 LAPUA UPPERS FOR AR-15S

There are 50BMG uppers available, but in my opinion it's not an ideal setup.

Did anyone else catch the rifle has been modified for this video? IIRC there is supposed to be a ratchet of some sort on the barrel nut.

It's a niche rifle through and through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone else catch the rifle has been modified for this video? IIRC there is supposed to be a ratchet of some sort on the barrel nut.

It's a niche rifle through and through. </div></div>

Yes, the new platform no longer has the side pins. It incorporates a stainless insert. Thanks for asking.

If your concerpt of niche is a sniper rifle, then your correct and thanks for noticing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone else catch the rifle has been modified for this video? IIRC there is supposed to be a ratchet of some sort on the barrel nut.

Yes, the new platform no longer has the side pins. It incorporates a stainless insert. Thanks for asking.

If your concerpt of niche is a sniper rifle, then your correct and thanks for noticing. </div></div>

Sir with all do respect, a rifle that I can change barrels in 11 seconds is hardly a sniper rifle at all. Any branches that your gun is seeing widespread use in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone else catch the rifle has been modified for this video? IIRC there is supposed to be a ratchet of some sort on the barrel nut.

If your concerpt of niche is a sniper rifle, then your correct and thanks for noticing. </div></div>

Sir with all do respect, a rifle that I can change barrels in 11 seconds is hardly a sniper rifle at all. Any branches that your gun is seeing widespread use in? </div></div>

The Boy Scouts?

$4500 for a rifle with a spin-on nut that holds a press-fit barrel? Not for me.

The poster's only other post is asking about a "feature" of the same gun.

When would anyone EVER need to change calibres that quick...
I'd be betting that if a Military sniper needed a .338 or .300, they'd just bring it and god forbid the target was only 500yd away, they'd just shoot the target with the .300 and be done with it.

I definitely could have used this on missions I had in the military.

The way the rifle can be broken down into a case or back pack makes it less conspicuous.

Not planning on swapping barrels in the field, but for quick rifle assembly after crawling into my hide.

As fellow veterans know, it is normally a “hurry up and wait situation”.

I also like the how the bipod is set up to work around various obstacles.

Not putting down other rifles, but it is what I was looking for in the Nemesis Arms Vanquish.

Interesting posts about the platform to say the least ………

why is everyone kicking this rifle in the nuts........ its pretty fucking slick, hell I'd buy one if I had the jack.

practical? probably not but still a handy feature. Tons of guys show off there "switch barrel" bolt guns on here and everyone is "oooh nice" 308/260 308/243,....... I know they aren't changing the barrel that easy. I haven't seen anyone complain about re-zeros on the DTA line.

Is it because he selling his product...... this whole sight is a sells pitch!

I think it's bad assed, I like the ability to change barrels that fast. Would make for a fun range day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why is everyone kicking this rifle in the nuts........ its pretty fucking slick, hell I'd buy one if I had the jack.

practical? probably not but still a handy feature. Tons of guys show off there "switch barrel" bolt guns on here and everyone is "oooh nice" 308/260 308/243,....... I know they aren't changing the barrel that easy. I haven't seen anyone complain about re-zeros on the DTA line.

Is it because he selling his product...... this whole sight is a sells pitch! </div></div>
Nice piece of eye candy , and if you don't like the cookiecutter everybody's got one kinda rifle ??

What is the real purpose of such a rifle? Might be a Hollywood thing - makes mall ninjas want one. Prehaps they're the real market for something like this.

It doesn't make my hit parade to spend my hard earn clams. So that I can change the barrel in 11.6 sec.? I just don't see the real benefit to do that in an event situation. I'm not changing barrels when I have to keep my eye on the situation.

Carrying it in a case. I suppose This is a solution looking for a problem.

So what's the problem it's attempting to solve?

Thanks for the posting, I wouldn't have seen this otherwise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Radar86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well, I suppose it does have a place. </div></div>

Hitmen and assassins?

Buy yourself an additional bolt and have it opened up to magnum demensions, and you open up a few more options.

Ask yourself what a chassis system has over a Manners or McMillan w/ a bottom rail and an EFR?
No bedding needed? Guys bed them anyway...
Bolt in and go? We have the Manners Mini-Chassis...
Modular? What percentage of people w/ a chassis use a PVS/27 or Peq-15/16...

Bottom line is it doesnt need to solve a problem to have a market. The problem with the Nemesis is its selling points are based on its ability to solve problems that arent there. If from day one, Nemesis would have marketed his rifle in .437" AND Short Magnum form as an awesome rifle, not one that fixes problems that dont even exist... they would be selling more rifles.

Noone needs to change calibers in 11 seconds.
Noone needs to have bipod support shooting from the standing.
Noone NEEDS to put a rifle in a man-purse.

I say market it with different bolt-faces, make Mini-Windrunner chassis systems, put a flush cup in the current stock so we can use a sling on it, make optional inclination in the optics base...and market it for what it is... an accurate, modular, packable and unique rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy yourself an additional bolt and have it opened up to magnum demensions, and you open up a few more options.

Ask yourself what a chassis system has over a Manners or McMillan w/ a bottom rail and an EFR?
No bedding needed? Guys bed them anyway...
Bolt in and go? We have the Manners Mini-Chassis...
Modular? What percentage of people w/ a chassis use a PVS/27 or Peq-15/16...

Bottom line is it doesnt need to solve a problem to have a market. The problem with the Nemesis is its selling points are based on its ability to solve problems that arent there. If from day one, Nemesis would have marketed his rifle in .437" AND Short Magnum form as an awesome rifle, not one that fixes problems that dont even exist... they would be selling more rifles.

Noone needs to change calibers in 11 seconds.
Noone needs to have bipod support shooting from the standing.
Noone NEEDS to put a rifle in a man-purse.

I say market it with different bolt-faces, make Mini-Windrunner chassis systems, put a flush cup in the current stock so we can use a sling on it, make optional inclination in the optics base...and market it for what it is... an accurate, modular, packable and unique rifle. </div></div>

VERY well said..

Ch

<span style="font-weight: bold">quote ;
I say market it with different bolt-faces, make Mini-Windrunner chassis systems, put a flush cup in the current stock so we can use a sling on it, make optional inclination in the optics base...and market it for what it is... an accurate, modular, packable and unique rifle. </span>

from what i am hearing this will be in the not so distant future
wink.gif

Make a cool survivalist center fire rifle or hunting rifle for rough country.

The speed of the caliber change is cool and all, however you are going to have to adjust the zero of your scope to account for the caliber change, so in reality the speed of the caliber change of this rifle will not matter much to most shooters.

What does it matter if it takes 15 seconds or 1 minute to swap calibers if you are going to spend at least that long adjusting the zero of your scope (dialing the scope in for the new caliber and adjusting the scope caps back to zero?

The advantage of the Nemesis is that it can be concealed in a small backpack or laptop case sized case. The ability to assemble such a weapon in a short period is an advantage to a take down system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen anyone complain about re-zeros on the DTA line...</div></div>
What do you mean?

First, DTA <span style="text-decoration: underline">does retain</span> its zero per barrel (you take the barrel out, you put it back in - your original zero is back). And every rifle I'm aware of has different zeros for different barrels (different calibers and/or different ammo). So people don't complain about that - why should they?

Or do you mean the need to readjust the scope when you swap calibers? That also is both common and unavoidable, so <span style="text-decoration: line-through">sane</span> people don't complain about that either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen anyone complain about re-zeros on the DTA line...</div></div>
What do you mean?

First, DTA <span style="text-decoration: underline">does retain</span> its zero per barrel (you take the barrel out, you put it back in - your original zero is back). And every rifle I'm aware of has different zeros for different barrels (different calibers and/or different ammo). So people don't complain about that - why should they?

Or do you mean the need to readjust the scope when you swap calibers? That also is both common and unavoidable, so <span style="text-decoration: line-through">sane</span> people don't complain about that either. </div></div>

I agree with mouse07410.

If you swap calibers on either system (Nemesis or DTA) you are going to need to adjust the zero of your scope when swapping calibers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lunetist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definitely could have used this on missions I had in the military.</div></div>
If you don't mind, I'd like to hear more about the missions where in your opinion you'd benefit from a less-conspicuous and smaller rifle pack (considering that the "operating" length of the rifle is still conventional), and what in particular would those benefits/advantages be.

<span style="font-style: italic">I guess it could be something as simple as "<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">it is just easier to carry a few 20" metal pieces in a normal-size backpack than drag a 47" metal piece in a bag</span>" - but I'd like to hear your opinion. And this is not an attack - I really would like to know what potential mission profiles for this rifle you see.</span>

I would think added versatility and smaller size is always a step in the right direction as long as accuracy, function, reliability, and durability are not compromised to do it.

I need a little bit more to change the Caliber of my STR (Swiss Target Rifle) but at least I use tools and I'm sure the barrel is right in his place. I would not trust the hand tighten barrel in the video.

hmm seem's to be similar to another rifle that chambers bigger rounds , I am not saying the same just it looks pretty familiar .

I have watched several videos from Nemesis and think the portability and set up time of the rifle are two of its stronger points. Having your bolt gun concealed in a pack would have been invaluable for urban patrols. It was unnerving being assigned to Grunts and everyone, especially the local populance, pays attention to you because of your M40. Carrying the bolt gun and carbine told everyone what you were about.

I don't understand the comments about changing calibers and retaining the same zero. Are you stating a 6.5 creedmore will have the same point of impact as a 338LM out of one rifle with different barrels? If so at what distance are you taking about? As I understand you have a known point of impact or zero for each different barrel or caliber and have to adjust the rifle or optics accordingly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blonz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a little bit more to change the Caliber of my STR (Swiss Target Rifle) but at least I use tools and I'm sure the barrel is right in his place. I would not trust the hand tighten barrel in the video. </div></div> You CAN trust it.. The barrel doesn't go anywhere. Its part of the design.

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dirty diaper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have watched several videos from Nemesis and think the portability and set up time of the rifle are two of its stronger points. Having your bolt gun concealed in a pack would have been invaluable for urban patrols. It was unnerving being assigned to Grunts and everyone, especially the local populance, pays attention to you because of your M40. Carrying the bolt gun and carbine told everyone what you were about.

I don't understand the comments about<span style="font-weight: bold"> changing calibers and retaining the same zero</span>. Are you stating a 6.5 creedmore will have the same point of impact as a 338LM out of one rifle with different barrels? If so at what distance are you taking about? As I understand you have a known point of impact or zero for each different barrel or caliber and have to adjust the rifle or optics accordingly. </div></div>

I think that got mis-understood somehow...my data I got about this was that the Rifle can be taken down MANY times with same caliber and still retain zero.