• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The worlds greatest sniper?

7.62willdo

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • 4500 confirmed kills!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1443.jpeg
      IMG_1443.jpeg
      713.8 KB · Views: 384
    • IMG_1442.jpeg
      IMG_1442.jpeg
      759.3 KB · Views: 387
    • IMG_1441.jpeg
      IMG_1441.jpeg
      722.8 KB · Views: 388
    For me White Feather is the Greatest "Sniper" in the world, next to @Lowlight that is! In todays world though I don't feel that the Sniper units of today are very Snipery. I feel they are Precision ELR Snipers. There is not more stalking on your own, or ex fil on your own. Hell look at the USMC closing down the Scout Sniper Program. Just having that 2 man overwatch team was a force multiplier like no other.

Reactions: OlsenG_360
    CPET/CTT teams are sniper qualified and utilize precision guns

Dont recall if they have a shredout suffix or not, but wasn't a separate AFSC last I knew. I think security forces have a few slots, as well. I recall the first female completing the training some years back and I think she was SF...but I could be completely FOS, too.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    * didn't notice barrel nut *

Command master chief in the Air Force ?
    Who knew ?

It's actually Command Chief MSgt.
    It's an actual title for the ranking CMSgt in each command.

Command Chiefs are representatives to the CMSgtAF who has a wreath that encircles his stripes. He's the top enlisted dog in the AF.

They basically created a layer between the First Sergeants and the CMSgtAF.

* didn't notice barrel nut *

Command master chief in the Air Force ?
    Who knew ?
    My mother had a boyfriend at one point who had formerly been a master sgt in the Air Force. Was actually shot down in Vietnam and survived that. After that, he learned computers, which is how he met my mother. But he had also signed up with the Alabama Air National Guard as a drill instructor. I have never heard of a command master chief in the Air Force.

Then there was "GI Jane" where Viggo Mortensen played a "command master chief" in charge of bud/S. Which was a new one on me. My friend, Lee, who had graduated from bud/S in 1964 had a master chief petty officer who was in charge. That being said, I did learn that there is a command master chief and he would be superior to the MCPO and pretty much the highest enlisted and non-com rank.

So, who knows? I learn something new every day.

I knew about command master chiefs in the squidforce (navy), I was just unaware they had the same in the wingnuts (air force).

Hell, we just called them "top".
    I would go so far as to say it was easier on the vocal chords too....

Reactions: TACC
    Sniper must be a new AFSC* since I retired 9 years ago...we never had USAF snipers in my 24 years.

*Air Force Specialty Code
    Security Forces and Special Reconnaissance has snipers, they don’t have their own AFSC though. The spec war guys go to the Army Special Forces sniper course and get their sniper training there and then come back to their units.

Reactions: Snipe260
    I have never heard of a command master chief in the Air Force.

They were called senior enlisted advisors until,,,I can't remember.

Met this guy in (I think) '95. He was the first CMSGT of the AF.

090311-F-1001S-101.JPG

Last edited:
    Fucking dude means business

Savage
    Choate
    CenterPoint optic

I wonder if he runs Krieger Tactics or whatever the fuck that guy’s username was. I bet his instructor name is Hammer.
    You knew this was going to happen and you have only yourself to blame.

Reactions: gopherslayer
    Do the McPeak years ring a bell?

Hey Seuss Crisco what a bunch of nonsense that era was.

💩💩💩

Yes, I do. Met him before he was CSAF. Knew he sucked then. As I recall, he later worked for the Obama campaigns.

Shortly after he announced his uniform changes, I was competing for SNCO of the year at wing level. The president of the board asked the opinion question, what do you think of the uniform changes. I replied, I had not seen the new class A blues, so could not comment. AFA the ASNP and no unit patches or chevrons on BDUs, I thought was unprofessional. I had worked for 11 years to earn my stripes and by God wanted to wear them.

At the awards ceremony, he came over to congratulate me and told me my answer was the tie breaker.

I was on staff under Fogleman in 7th AF. Was very happy when he was appointed CSAF.

not even close with one press of a button this man while not a sniper exactly did rack up the highest one shot one kill ratio ever recorded .
    Major Thomas Ferebee, Bombardier
    Thomas Ferebee pushed the button that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. He slept in the plane both before and after he did his part. After the war, Ferebee stayed with the Air Force, serving in the Strategic Air Command and in Vietnam. He retired as a full Colonel

it don't get much better than his record depending on how you look at it .

For me White Feather is the Greatest "Sniper" in the world, next to @Lowlight that is! In todays world though I don't feel that the Sniper units of today are very Snipery. I feel they are Precision ELR Snipers. There is not more stalking on your own, or ex fil on your own. Hell look at the USMC closing down the Scout Sniper Program. Just having that 2 man overwatch team was a force multiplier like no other.

I have read a few books on him. Interesting stuff, but "greatest" not even sure what that is in this context. Sniper on the eastern front was also interesting, IIRC it did come with a disclaimer. Some of the soviet women "seem" to have impressive totals if you can believe what the soviets tell you, and we all know you can't. Finn's, there are just so many you could point to as "greatest".

Read sniper on the eastern front, it is pretty good.

Reactions: PusherX11
    I have read a few books on him. Interesting stuff, but "greatest" not even sure what that is in this context. Sniper on the eastern front was also interesting, IIRC it did come with a disclaimer. Some of the soviet women "seem" to have impressive totals if you can believe what the soviets tell you, and we all know you can't. Finn's, there are just so many you could point to as "greatest".

In my very humble opinion, what made Hathcock "noteworthy" were the missions, not the numbers. GOAT is very subjective. I still believe Manning was a better QB than Brady, but Brady had the numbers.

In my very humble opinion, what made Hathcock "noteworthy" were the missions, not the numbers. GOAT is very subjective. I still believe Manning was a better QB than Brady, but Brady had the numbers.
    That is a twist over what that element (the sniper) had been used for in years past. For a very long time it was to take out high value targets, but those just had to walk by where you happened to be at. The new twist you talk about is using a sniper to go in and do a specific mission. I see it a little like what is the greatest car, a Model T. Well you can't really say that as it is just so inferior to any current offering. It was just things that did not happen in its day. And then does the who the enemy is play a factor. The Finn Hayha had some impressive totals, but they are against a very....well stupid....enemy. Is his lofty totals a result of his foe? And then could he have done the missions Hathcock could have done, not really against that foe, at the time the red army was a hot mess.

I see what you are saying, I think it is really not possible to say "greatest"

Yes the Lady of Death in wwii racked up a confirmed 309 kill of Nazi Soldiers and is a fantastic marksman. Carlos missions are make him a great sniper. The three day stalk on his side to kill a general and ex fil, and the sniper he shot through the optic that was hunting him makes him "greatest".

Last edited:
    Reactions: UKDslayer
    Yes the Lady of Death in wwii racked up a confirmed 309 kill of Nazi Soldiers and is a fantastic marksman. Carlos missions are make him a great sniper. The three day stalk on his side to kill a general and ex fil, and the sniper he shot through the optic that was hunting him makes him "greatest".

I saw an episode of "Mythbusters" and they could not duplicate his results. They could hit the scope and send shrapnel. But not go through, lens to lens.

Then "American Sniper" regurgitated that trick, as well.

I saw an episode of "Mythbusters" and they could not duplicate his results. They could hit the scope and send shrapnel. But not go through, lens to lens.

One of the history channel specials also tested it. It failed to go through on a modern scope but did go through on a scope with fewer lenses.

Mythbusters used a modern multi lens scope. I believe it was Steve Reichert T1G who did duplicated the shot with what was in use at the time.

Mythbusters is on the same plane as Snopes.

I just saw the 'ad' inspiring this thread...

Holy crap, this dude is on TV claiming 4500 'confirmed' kills. While hawking CBD snake oil?

Bah h ahah hah ahah ah aha....

This is worse than poor "Tanto" reduced to shilling blue blocking sunglasses that would make you irresistable to women and get you a job as a Seal Delta Ranger SAS CIA sniper if you wear them.

Damnation... this is some kind of pathetic.... Next he will be selling those 'metal wallets' that are supposedly 'changing the life' of losers everywhere.

Would someone bring back Ron Popeil and K-Tel? We knew that was all shit, but at least the presenter wasn't taking himself too seriously! You bought it out of sympathy.

This dude... is going to his grave knowing he is an idiot at this point. He'll never make enough money off these ads to justify the hell he will go through for years... until he changes his name and gets a facelift and moves to Uruguay.

Sirhr

Holy crap, this dude is on TV claiming 4500 'confirmed' kills. While hawking CBD snake oil?

Bah h ahah hah ahah ah aha....

This is worse than poor "Tanto" reduced to shilling blue blocking sunglasses that would make you irresistable to women and get you a job as a Seal Delta Ranger SAS CIA sniper if you wear them.

Damnation... this is some kind of pathetic.... Next he will be selling those 'metal wallets' that are supposedly 'changing the life' of losers everywhere.

Would someone bring back Ron Popeil and K-Tel? We knew that was all shit, but at least the presenter wasn't taking himself too seriously! You bought it out of sympathy.

This dude... is going to his grave knowing he is an idiot at this point. He'll never make enough money off these ads to justify the hell he will go through for years... until he changes his name and gets a facelift and moves to Uruguay.

Sirhr
    How dare you sir!?!?!?!? The pocket fisherman was the greatest invention of all time.

Don't laugh, the CBD brought more than half those guys back to life!

(so unofficially he's down to only 2071 kills) :(

Last edited:
    How dare you sir!?!?!?!? The pocket fisherman was the greatest invention of all time.

I agree! It’s why we should bring back Ron Popeil!!! The man was a marketing genius.

Then along comes Vince the Sham Wow Guy… and telemarketing goes all to hell. Folks don’t appreciate how good we had it in the ‘70’s!

K-Tel albums, too!!!

Sirhr

Reactions: gunsnjeeps
    I agree! It’s why we should bring back Ron Popeil!!! The man was a marketing genius.

Then along comes Vince the Sham Wow Guy… and telemarketing goes all to hell. Folks don’t appreciate how good we had it in the ‘70’s!

K-Tel albums, too!!!

Sirhr

MAIL BEFORE MIDNIGHT SO WE GET IT FASTER!

I caught a bass on one of these back in 1989. My older cousin was with on a trip to Canada and brought Ron’s contraption with. It worked. My cousin couldn’t believe I caught anything with it.

K-Tel albums, too!!!

Sirhr
    I think the Ronco Pasta Maker was great. It is time to get it back out.