• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Thermal, last piece of system?

DutyRanger

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2019
I have pvs14's and bridges, coti, and breach. I'm hoping to make the last big purchase to complete my system. Uses are LE patrol, hunting, general dicking around. It seems like I've got the bulk of short to medium range tasks covered. I'm thinking the yoter c is the final piece of the puzzle.

The yoter c fills the middle to "long" range spotting gap for work. It should fill the thermal shooting gap for recreation and hunting.

Is there another gap I'm missing? And/or a better tool to fill it? Yoter c is at the top of my budget. I really don't want to remove day optics and replace with dedicated thermal optics. I think my mind is made up, but please try to change it so I don't overlook something I haven't thought about. Thanks.

Yoter C was great. That said I use the NOX18 just as much. Helmet mounted thermals rock.

ETA - fuck I didn’t read that for shit. Get the Yoter C.

Sell the breach and the coti and get a NOX18 too lol. Unless your brain hates the fusion setup

Last edited:
Reactions: Jgunner
If you need clip-on and the Yoter C is top of budget, then get ye a Yoter C. I haven't played with one but everyone who has says it is impressive for its price.

It is pretty impressive, but we should have a wave of clip ons coming out this year. Hold onto your money for a bit and you will have more options.

Reactions: 96C
It is pretty impressive, but we should have a wave of clip ons coming out this year. Hold onto your money for a bit and you will have more options.

This is interesting news. I had planned on making the purchase in the next week or so. Can you elaborate any on what I should wait for? Or how long I should wait? I was kind of hoping to jump sooner rather than later.

Copy, sorry. I had read that one but didn't remember. I'll go back and re-read.

Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
Copy, sorry. I had read that one but didn't remember. I'll go back and re-read.

Ok, just went back and re-read it. And remembered why I stopped following it. I've got a 10y/o girl at home that just started her period. I've got enough drama without all the horseshit that thread is deteriorating in to.

Anyway, the Steiner and pulsar seem to be the competitors to the yoter. AGM seems like a risky gamble to me. Their thermal seems to get good reviews but their I2 seems to be highly advised against. I like the fov of the Steiner but not the batts. The pulsar seems an unknown but maybe comparable to the yoter. Both do LE pricing so maybe that's the best reason to wait.

Any advice on how long you'd wait? I'm pretty ignorant with thermal so I'm not seeing much reason there to wait past shot.

The Pulsar is going to be interesting. Its the one I think is gonna compete with the yoter for sure. Might be better even - and that would be hard to do.