• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Thermal Scope Purchase

andrews1958

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2010
Maine/Africa
There are a dozen or more extremely good retailers in this market. Customer service is top notch too. Unlike many other areas of shooting retail, it is a little harder to go wrong with most of the players who sell stuff...not impossible...just harder.

I might suggest that some of the bigger box stores may have a little less experience with the products than a retailer who is out shooting hogs/coyotes on the weekly...doesn't mean that their warranty is worse...just that if you have questions you might not get as good of an answer.

Reactions: Nicholas Borne
99% of the implied warranty is from the manufacturer. The dealers don't have the staff to fix these modern marvels.

I like the pulsar stuff and I will tell you the one thing I got as an option (just thought it was nice to have) is a range finder. I bought the trail LRF and I have learned it is a life saver having that range finder. I know I know...."I know all my properties and ranges and blah blah blah" and I do also, but with thermal is is HARD to get any depth perception when using them. You are looking at a screen and if you are in a big open field and have no idea how big the hogs are it is easy to mis-judge by over 100yrds (+/-) and if you are predator hunting and trying to tell fox vs coyote range helps a lot at a long distance because you can tell by size. I will say the attached range finder takes the guess work out of hold over. My 2cents....enjoy.