• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

These Guys are NUTS!

Re: These Guys are NUTS!

Yeah, that's a disaster (and prison time) waiting to happen. Someone needs to drain the gene pool.

These retards give all gunowners a bad rep. Shootin that close and in a very poor location is one thing. But when there are civilians and moving traffic 300 yds behind the target thats just incredibly 100% Bonafide Retardation. I hope the local PD or Troopers find them and lock'em away for endangering the public.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exemer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These retards give all gunowners a bad rep. Shootin that close and in a very poor location is one thing. But when there are civilians and moving traffic 300 yds behind the target thats just incredibly 100% Bonafide Retardation. I hope the local PD or Troopers find them and lock'em away for endangering the public. </div></div>

Amen to that.

That's a great example of slapping the trigger in slow motion. This should be a training aid for what NOT to do when you go shooting....

Do you really need a scope for that distance? Thats just silly

he pushed that 308 to the max, next will be a bmg @ 100

Other than it's a short distance to the berm from the bench I don't see a problem with the backstop.

It is adequate to stop the bullets, they are close enough not to miss and shooting off a rest. Based on the fields behind them I'd say they are outside city limits and vehicle traffic is further from the firing line/impact berms than many formal shooting ranges. A popular range near me has firing lines less than 100 yards from and parallel to the highway with no side berms at all.

If they wish to waste their ammo shooting that close it's up to them. It's not like they are shooting up highway signs or abandoned warehouses/busineses as is popular in some major cities.

JMO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he pushed that 308 to the max, next will be a bmg @ 100 </div></div>

remember the idiots shooting a 50 at a target with the house as a backstop? like 20 feet away from the house at less than 100y for the target distance

I like how at 1:12 the dumbass with the camera is standing in front of the line of fire.

What could possibly go wrong?

"These Guys are NUTS!"

-No there stupid mall ninja's, ex ranger, seal, green beret, you can find them at you local gun shop anywhere. Also this would probably be suited better in the maggie's drawers section.

The back stop is not tall enough and not wide enough. The camera was on, so they were on their best behavior. About three months into this, when one of these guys are by themselves, something bad will happen. Just look at the trigger jerking. One guy will get bored and start rapid firing off hand and there goes the neighborhood.

Or, maybe they are completely responsible gun owners and they know exactly what they are doing. If this is the case, then the range is good to go.

It's obvius that being a farm and that they have a big mound of dirt in place they have some type of machinery, they should just go ahead and make a propper backstop. If I had that property and an tractor, I would have an awesome range in place, not just a mound of dirt.

They also have that silo to help stop bullets. There is only two things wrong with that vid. The first is they are taping them shooting a rifle that should be shot well over 100yds 50 yds. The second is that was some very poor trigger control.

Other than that everything they were doing was ok. It was weak but still ok. I would want a little more dirt for my backstop but it did look like enough to stop a 308.

Smallest safety margins mixed with people that probably are not keenly aware of their surroundings, and responsibilities.

At ranges all across America it seems to me that most folks are content trying to shoot the smallest groups possible (centered or not), while artificially supported, from a bench, at 100 yards, with a $60 scope.

Thats a few minutes of my life I will never get back.

You can see trucks and other vehicles in what looks like an interstate a little ways off. I would have opted for a larger berm, and at least, shoot in a direction away from a busy highway.

Dumbasses
confused.gif

FuKtArDs, I recommend one solid bitchslap a piece for them all. Especially if one of them is reading this, you should know better

Yeah, seems to me like that "berm" would stop what they're throwing at it, but it also really strikes me as an irresponsible activity to be engaged in. Whether or not that is safe, there is not a whole lot of margin for error, and therefore its not safe.

These cats strike me as an enthusiastic bunch but with zero experience among them. Too bad.

I like the, "that's awesome...shooting at that LITTLE jug..." statement, like he picked off a gnat at 15 yards. Fucking weak man, hope these tards are reading this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtmisfit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Other than it's a short distance to the berm from the bench I don't see a problem with the backstop.

It is adequate to stop the bullets, they are close enough not to miss and shooting off a rest. Based on the fields behind them I'd say they are outside city limits and vehicle traffic is further from the firing line/impact berms than many formal shooting ranges. A popular range near me has firing lines less than 100 yards from and parallel to the highway with no side berms at all.

If they wish to waste their ammo shooting that close it's up to them. It's not like they are shooting up highway signs or abandoned warehouses/busineses as is popular in some major cities.

JMO </div></div>

I was happy to see someone with an accurate sense of situation in the video. The berm was constructed of railroad ties forming a big box, and then filled with sand.(I asked for details when I was invited to film there) It is three feet thick at the top and much thicker at the bottom and also had chunks of cement piled up against the back of it. I think most shooters know that three feet of sand would be much more of a safety margin than necessary.
Excellent point about shooting from the benchrest. How could they have missed? At the outdoor ranges I shoot at it is much easier to miss the berm and have a flier than to miss this berm. Behind the range berms are farm houses and roads, but we just don't see them. Perhaps people have issues with the video because they don't have a good understanding of physics or underestimate human ability, and just react seeing something potentially dangerous.
From my perspective, actually being there filming, they were safe. I was asked to film the rifle's action in high speed to check its operation.

Honestly, had I not been there and just watched this video from the tunnel-visioned perspective of the camera, I'd be making the same smarmy comments some of the other posters have left here. Thanks for watching the video.

what was that behind the berm I-5? Looks like less than a mile from where you were shooting (1st strike) shooting towards the highway(2nd strike) If that was filmed in CA (Sacto, Tracy area?) the magazine release isn't locked and using 20rd mags(3rd strike) Also how many US made parts were in the post ban Chinese AK on the table? Don't forget, post ban models are supposed to a minimum of US made parts if you're going to remove the thumbhole stock. (4th strike and that's Federal) Looks like whomever it was they violated county, state, federal and Darwin laws

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4ester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a few minutes of my life I will never get back. </div></div>

Amen to that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Taofledermaus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtmisfit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Other than it's a short distance to the berm from the bench I don't see a problem with the backstop.

JMO </div></div>

I was happy to see someone with an accurate sense of situation in the video. The berm was constructed of railroad ties forming a big box, and then filled with sand.(I asked for details when I was invited to film there) It is three feet thick at the top and much thicker at the bottom and also had chunks of cement piled up against the back of it. I think most shooters know that three feet of sand would be much more of a safety margin than necessary.
Excellent point about shooting from the benchrest. How could they have missed? At the outdoor ranges I shoot at it is much easier to miss the berm and have a flier than to miss this berm. Behind the range berms are farm houses and roads, but we just don't see them. Perhaps people have issues with the video because they don't have a good understanding of physics or underestimate human ability, and just react seeing something potentially dangerous.
From my perspective, actually being there filming, they were safe. I was asked to film the rifle's action in high speed to check its operation.

Honestly, had I not been there and just watched this video from the tunnel-visioned perspective of the camera, I'd be making the same smarmy comments some of the other posters have left here. Thanks for watching the video. </div></div>

That is one perspective - as a measure of competence to judge it could be good to know how many ranges you have constructed in your time.

Here's another perspective on No Danger Area range construction:

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/4A6FC685-...DangerRange.pdf

Shit happens - even in the safest of places.

If I was a driver or passenger on the road in front of the half-wits "range", I don't think I'd be too impressed with their interpretation of range construction for use with a centrefire firearm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Taofledermaus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtmisfit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Other than it's a short distance to the berm from the bench I don't see a problem with the backstop.

JMO </div></div>

Honestly, had I not been there and just watched this video from the tunnel-visioned perspective of the camera, I'd be making the same smarmy comments some of the other posters have left here. Thanks for watching the video. </div></div>

I truly hope rounds ricochet off of something and come back and take you fucking tards out of the gene pool, BEFORE you splatter a soccer ball mom's brains all over the passenger side window of he mini van, in front of her kids in the back seat causing it to swerve into a bus full of mentally handicapped children (witch you guys should probably be on by the way) blowing them up in a ball of fire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's some good sniper training shit. </div></div>

LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what was that behind the berm I-5? Looks like less than a mile from where you were shooting (1st strike) shooting towards the highway(2nd strike) If that was filmed in CA (Sacto, Tracy area?) the magazine release isn't locked and using 20rd mags(3rd strike) Also how many US made parts were in the post ban Chinese AK on the table? Don't forget, post ban models are supposed to a minimum of US made parts if you're going to remove the thumbhole stock. (4th strike and that's Federal) Looks like whomever it was they violated county, state, federal and Darwin laws </div></div>

Well said

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's some good sniper training shit.</div></div>

LMAO!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scsbronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really need a scope for that distance? Thats just silly </div></div>

+1 was thinking the same thing

+1 on the bad trigger control example video. slapping, not straight back, release before recoil impulse is finished and the list goes on. very bad call on the safety checks as well. get a tripod and film from there.

The comments on the video are more concerning to me than the video. its sad that so many sheep take what they see on YouTube or hear in the local gunstore to be "fact" people saying that was safe are horribly mistaken. its made obvious of the shooters knowledge when you hear one of them explain how he just thought he had a ND because he closed his bolt on a live round the same time the shooter pressed off a round. his exact words are "dude, i looked at the ground like, what just happened?" apparently his muzzle was not pointed in a safe direction when he chambered that round. so we are to assume that there is NO way one of these half wits could cook off a round into the interstate? This is a perfect example of the Mall Ninja mentality. you know next to nothing of firearm safety, and you have no respect for the power they wield, yet you will do your best to misinform the masses with your bullsh!% and then have the audacity to try and tell those of us who try and explain your error, that you know better and the WE are wrong. get some insta-clot ready. you will need it someday.

You guys are idiots. THAT CLOSE TO A ROAD????????????? WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT???? OVER. WOW. Bunch of damn idiots, and I thought the kids here at the high school f*cking there trucks up mudding were stupid. I think I'm gonna go give them a cookie cause atleast they aint threating other peoples lives........

Scott

Actually forgetting all of the previous comments on the the range and safety aspects, after seeing a couple of their other videos the thing that pisses me off the most is one of the things that give all of us a bad name. They take out a bunch of garbage and junk to shoot. How many of us have lost good shooting spots because people take out all of their old TV's and other shit and shoot the the crap out of it and just leave it there. I used to take old milk jugs full of water out to shoot because they were always kind of fun to shoot and even though I policed up all of them and hauled them back and left the spot cleaner than I left it, I got hassled by the police so many times that I quit. They never gave me a ticket for littering but they threatened to many times. Now I built me some dedicated target stands and they never bother me anymore. It's bad enough that there are always old shotgun shells and broken clays and left around but leaving your trash just bugs the hell out of me.