• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

They are all watching us..every damn second

12holly

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2020
Took the family out to the lake with 2 kayaks in the back of the truck for me and my son to do some fishing with.
Pulled into the area right by part of the lake, its a city park.. but not in the city limits, but city cops can be there, because the city owns the park and a lot of the land.

I was pulling into a nice spot with a shade tree and had not even put my truck in park when the Lake Patrol spotted me and made a b line right for me.. I’m already working up a good mad before he stops and rolls his window down.. “Just make sure you launch those kayaks from the boat ramp and not the bank”
I just looked back at him and never said a damn word.
He paused and then said something about enjoying ourselves...

Then after I obeyed the Kings Army about the use of the Kings Lake.. I had to park my damn truck 300 yards from where we were set up under that tree and there were lots of people out everywhere so I was kind of nervous about it being almost out of eyesight.

Now here comes a city cop..driving by slowly.. cutting his eyes at everyone just looking for something to have an issue with...
He pulls right by my truck and stopped..acting like he was having an issue with were it was parked.. although it was not blocking the road and no signs were there prohibiting parking...

So I go walking down there intent on moving it back up to where I was,, and he moves away and drives by slowly...

Then of course the game wardens were all there, checking to make sure everyone paid the King his Tribute to fish in his royal lake...

And finally, as we were leaving.. a county patrol came through...

I’ve been going there for 30 years and you rarely ever see a cop, even on holiday weekend unless someone starts partying and gets the cops called out..

Everyone was just minding there own damn business.. family’s were relaxing..cooking out.. fishing... nobody was bothering anyone...

We are being over policed

Took the family out to the lake with 2 kayaks in the back of the truck for me and my son to do some fishing with.
Pulled into the area right by part of the lake, its a city park.. but not in the city limits, but city cops can be there, because the city owns the park and a lot of the land.

I was pulling into a nice spot with a shade tree and had not even put my truck in park when the Lake Patrol spotted me and made a b line right for me.. I’m already working up a good mad before he stops and rolls his window down.. “Just make sure you launch those kayaks from the boat ramp and not the bank”
I just looked back at him and never said a damn word.
He paused and then said something about enjoying ourselves...

Then after I obeyed the Kings Army about the use of the Kings Lake.. I had to park my damn truck 300 yards from where we were set up under that tree and there were lots of people out everywhere so I was kind of nervous about it being almost out of eyesight.

Now here comes a city cop..driving by slowly.. cutting his eyes at everyone just looking for something to have an issue with...
He pulls right by my truck and stopped..acting like he was having an issue with were it was parked.. although it was not blocking the road and no signs were there prohibiting parking...

So I go walking down there intent on moving it back up to where I was,, and he moves away and drives by slowly...

Then of course the game wardens were all there, checking to make sure everyone paid the King his Tribute to fish in his royal lake...

And finally, as we were leaving.. a county patrol came through...

I’ve been going there for 30 years and you rarely ever see a cop, even on holiday weekend unless someone starts partying and gets the cops called out..

Everyone was just minding there own damn business.. family’s were relaxing..cooking out.. fishing... nobody was bothering anyone...

We are being over policed
You don't think they are going patrol the hood? They are going hang out in a less threatening area, like where you are.

Fishing and hunting license fees, game management and fish stocking is such bullshit, they need to shut all that shit down and get rid of all the game wardens, seasons and harvest regulations. It’s the people’s animals, we should be able to take whatever, whenever, and however we please.

We also need to get the governments out of the real estate and land holdings business, there’s no need for public parks. It’s a waste of tax dollars. If you want to do shit outdoors, you should buy your own damn land.

Fishing and hunting license fees, game management and fish stocking is such bullshit, they need to shut all that shit down and get rid of all the game wardens, seasons and harvest regulations. It’s the people’s animals, we should be able to take whatever, whenever, and however we please.

We also need to get the governments out of the real estate and land holdings business, there’s no need for public parks. It’s a waste of tax dollars. If you want to do shit outdoors, you should buy your own damn land.
Same with roads. If I wanted a damn road, I'd build my own.

The policing comments are likely true. I don't know for sure. I have seen both sides of the wildlife issues. A good number of GW type folks are pricks. Likely half. The other half are really good folks. One of the reasons we are so highly policed is all the wonderful diversity we are so blessed with.

I work with wildlife and conservation issues on a daily basis. Sort of a second, non paid job. You may think you want anarchy but you have likely not seen it. Imagine your public lake with a Laotian gang gill netting it and shooting AK's at the public to get them out of the way. There are some rough poacher groups that are largely keep tamped down by the folks you are cussing.

Aside from the liberal shitholes like LA, Chicago, NYC, etc., we could lose 50% of all law enforcement in this country and it would have zero impact on our lives, none. Except our freedoms would increase by an equal amount.

In most parts of the country, law enforcement = revenue generation, pure and simple. The city/town/state government relies on the ticket revenue to survive. No fucking way they will ever willingly give that up.

OP, sounds like zero enforcement action was being taken. The only legit gripe I see, maybe , is the kayak launch rule. Is that a lake rule? Something you’ve been breaking for 30 years and now finally there happened to be a ranger there? Serious question.

Many times per shift for the last 19 years Ive patrolled around and stopped in public spaces to do whatever. Eat lunch, check my terminal, say hi, or wrote a ticket. Its entertaining to read your post, because I see people glaring at me. Some of those people are thinking what you’re thinking.

I work in a county where the fishing tourists outnumber the county population on any given day during the season by a significant margin. I spend a lot of time talking to them. I can’t think of a single time when I got shit on by one of them. Sometimes I see the “oh shit what did I do” look as I pull up. We chat, I wish them luck or congratulate them on their catch, and move along. Literally 99% of my contacts go that way. Settle down, it’s not all bad.

Last edited:

The only reason any of those species we love to hunt or angle even exist is because of regulations and the very few game wardens out there who protect them. If dirty red neck poachers such as yourself were allowed to kill a whitetail whenever they wanted there would be none left.

Those animal populations are only maintained by conservation and regulations which all derive from tags and enforcement. The entire eco management system that exists in this country is due to science-backed policy. Which is why the United States has arguably the best hunting and fishing in the world

The only reason any of those species we love to hunt or angle even exist is because of regulations and the very few game wardens out there who protect them. If dirty red neck poachers such as yourself were allowed to kill a whitetail whenever they wanted there would be none left.

Those animal populations are only maintained by conservation and regulations which all derive from tags and enforcement. The entire eco management system that exists in this country is due to science-backed policy. Which is why the United States has arguably the best hunting and fishing in the world
We had a situation here a short time ago where people were setting nets across rivers and filling ice chest after ice chest with trout. Fuck those people.

Only rednecks poach, I'll be damned.
I hunt in an area that is damned short on rednecks and see the 270/30-06 casings from poaching.
Here is the reason we have what we have:

R

When I see law enforcement patrolling, I generally appreciate their presence and feel safer because of it. If you ever experienced countries where police were essentially non-existent and then places where the population was truly over-policed, you would probably agree that our country pretty much gets it right. Obviously there are bad apples. But walking around with a chip on your shoulder isn't doing yourself or others any good.

We had a situation here a short time ago where people were setting nets across rivers and filling ice chest after ice chest with trout. Fuck those people.
Fishing single hook artificial only with my cousin and a couple of his friends. One got caught with worms down one wader leg and a bag of pot down the other. He got in more shit for the worms LOL.

I looked it up and USA did not make the top ten list of highly policed countries. Russia, Singapore, Hong Kong etc.

Where did you look it up? What facts backup the statement? Who's data was used? How do you know the data was true? Figures often lie, and liars often figure. I take most everything I read with 'facts', 'statistics', and 'data' with a grain of salt. They are often agenda driven.

Reactions: Romeo458
Fishing single hook artificial only with my cousin and a couple of his friends. One got caught with worms down one wader leg and a bag of pot down the other. He got in more shit for the worms LOL.

Lol. When I go to court, the fish and game tickets are expensive. Another league from the traffic stuff I’m there for.

Reactions: deersniper
I see you just joined a few days ago and I could be wrong but after reading your post you kind of sound like just a grumpy old man...

Reactions: MCHOG
Where did you look it up? What facts backup the statement? Who's data was used? How do you know the data was true? Figures often lie, and liars often figure. I take most everything I read with 'facts', 'statistics', and 'data' with a grain of salt. They are often agenda driven.

I simply spent two minutes googling it Do it yourself. I’m not doing a fucking research project for you.
The OP of the statement provided zero source info.

OK, captain obvious. What facts do you have? Do you have more credibility than Google? With who? Please cite your source material. I really don't care and if you read my first post about it you will see I stated so. Then I Googled it.

Last edited:

Geez you’re dense... If I laid the sarcasm on any harder, it would have been stiff enough to satisfy Jenna Jamison.

We've seen it before in this country - Subsistence hunting eliminated all deer from my state, not 1 whitetail remained.

Transplanting whitetail, regulating slowly and opening of seasons and now we have a large herd that everyone can enjoy every year and have no fear of decimating the herd.

OK, captain obvious. What facts do you have? Do you have more credibility that Google? With who? Please cite your source material. I really don't care and if you read my first post about it you will see I stated so. Then I Googled it.

I give up, you win. Happy?

It's a pretty thin argument to say that we need all this revenue collecting with guns...... because there are a few bad guys doing some bad things...

How about go after those actually doing bad stuff that ruin everything and stop playing revenue collecting bandits on everyone trying their best to be decent and have a good time????

Oh and about that OMG there could be poachers if we don't be evil to everyone instead.... get back to me when they stop introducing wolves to go eat the animals.... I mean if you have so many animals you want to start wolf packs to eat them all, I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on about poaching.... just saying...

The United States is the most highly policed country in the world, bar none.

Probably not as much as the current mainland China, with it's umbrella AI network and digital people tracing (active way before COVID-19), but definitely up there. The Democrats are fighting tooth and nail to implement the same sci-fi type shit that is present all over China.

I fish at least 50 days a year, haven’t been checked for catch or license in two decades. I’m always up on my license as well as anyone going with me, have a copy of the current regs in my backpack, and always have a legal catch including size limits. I get stopped more by summer interns with USFS doing voluntary catch surveys to see how their stocking programs are running than anything, even more than the passerby wondering what’s working on the water because nobody wants to talk to anyone anymore.

But yeah, it’s all about revenue collection through ticketing...

I work with game departments all over North America. They all have issues as well as strong points. Many related to revenue generation. Another problem I often see is the SWAT team mentality that the younger guys have. They are militarized and militant. Many know nothing of hunting, fishing or wildlife. They are just looking for a fight. The older outdoorsmen type agents are fading from the scene.

Still without some form of management and enforcement we would soon be out of wildlife.

We tried that. It didn't work out well. That's why sportsmen petitioned the govt for seasons, bag limits, etc. That we have any game in the US to hunt is testament to the success of our wildlife management practices in the US. They aren't perfect, but they saved a bunch of game animal species from extinction.

We tried that. It didn't work out well. That's why sportsmen petitioned the govt for seasons, bag limits, etc. That we have any game in the US to hunt is testament to the success of our wildlife management practices in the US. They aren't perfect, but they saved a bunch of game animal species from extinction.
You saw I wasn’t serious, right?

• Wow
Reactions: hlee
Everyone wants everything deregulated except Google and Twitter, because fuck successful companies. Regulate the fuck out of those guys...

Hypocrites.

When there are no game and fish laws, there will be no game or fish. You would be waisting your time going there. You cannot have it both ways.
When .gov takes your tax money to hire “sharp shooters” to shoot deer and geese. But then takes more of your money to hire other people to fine and jail you for shooting deer and geese. There’s a problem somewhere.

When .gov takes your tax money to hire “sharp shooters” to shoot deer and geese. But then takes more of your money to hire other people to fine and jail you for shooting deer and geese. There’s a problem somewhere.

"We are da only ones profeshnul enuff..."

(Incoherent elitist noises...)

Everyone wants everything deregulated except Google and Twitter, because fuck successful companies. Regulate the fuck out of those guys...

Hypocrites.
No difference between being a platform or a publisher? SHould keep on letting them stifle ideas they don’t like and interfere with elections. ??

It's a pretty thin argument to say that we need all this revenue collecting with guns...... because there are a few bad guys doing some bad things...

How about go after those actually doing bad stuff that ruin everything and stop playing revenue collecting bandits on everyone trying their best to be decent and have a good time????

Oh and about that OMG there could be poachers if we don't be evil to everyone instead.... get back to me when they stop introducing wolves to go eat the animals.... I mean if you have so many animals you want to start wolf packs to eat them all, I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on about poaching.... just saying...
The wolves are a ploy by anti hunters to Eliminate hunting. It is working well for them.

Only rednecks poach, I'll be damned.
I hunt in an area that is damned short on rednecks and see the 270/30-06 casings from poaching.
Here is the reason we have what we have:

R
That act is BS. 10 percent hidden tax on all guns and ammo. I’ve never hunted public land in my life. Add in gun owners paying for parks that the granola munchers get to use and then lobby to ban shooting and hunting in them.

No difference between being a platform or a publisher? SHould keep on letting them stifle ideas they don’t like and interfere with elections. ??

Pretty much that.

People forget the original "exemption" specifically was for platforms that were open for everyone to post and were unmoderated except for illegal stuff. It was basically a get out of jail free card to run a fully open "free speech" service as long as you took down illegal stuff and took down stuff when requested that actually violated someone's copyrights.

Now Google, Twitter and Facebook are actively deciding what content they allow and don't allow in a not even handed way, that specifically slants things to the viewpoint they wish and to further their own ideas. They don't even try to hide it, they are actively bragging about it.

That means you are a publisher who curates content as you wish and as such you are now responsible for what gets posted on your service because you exercise a high degree of editorial control.

That act is BS. 10 percent hidden tax on all guns and ammo. I’ve never hunted public land in my life. Add in gun owners paying for parks that the granola munchers get to use and then lobby to ban shooting and hunting in them.
Last I checked it's 14%.
Financed many reintroductions, elk being the one I've studied.
Like all things .gov, it can start with a good idea and they turn it into a money/power grab.
Why would the facts get in the way of a good story they've fed the granola munchers?

R

The question is. Why did you make contact with them at all? Just being proactive? Just wanted to rub elbows with the commoners? Or looking for a suspicious action to further the questions?
Many times per shift for the last 19 years Ive patrolled around and stopped in public space

I work in a county where the fishing tourists outnumber the county population on any given day during the season by a significant margin. I spend a lot of time talking to them. I can’t think of a single time when I got shit on by one of them. Sometimes I see the “oh shit what did I do” look as I pull up. We chat, I wish them luck or congratulate them on their catch, and move along. Literally 99% of my contacts go that way. Settle down, it’s not all bad.

You admit that 99% of the people that you initiate contact with are doing nothing wrong. But you continue to dig into people that you have zero reason to initiate contact with.
How nice of you to use that as justification for your actions.

Now if you had said that you actually witnessed a person committing a crime/infraction beforehand........ I guess when you are a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Reactions: deersniper
The question is. Why did you make contact with them at all? Just being proactive? Just wanted to rub elbows with the commoners? Or looking for a suspicious action to further the questions?

You admit that 99% of the people that you initiate contact with are doing nothing wrong. But you continue to dig into people that you have zero reason to initiate contact with.
How nice of you to use that as justification for your actions.

Now if you had said that you actually witnessed a person committing a crime/infraction beforehand........ I guess when you are a hammer everything looks like a nail.
Digging? Ya, for what the fish were biting on. Where did you get the idea that I was investigating anything? Am I not allowed to engage with the public?