• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

They finally got me!

chadg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
foothills of the ozarks.
Well fellas i guess times are really hard...I found out today my house was broken into and the only thing missing is my beloved savage......this was the only firearm i owned....the f@$%ed up thing is i have a alarm system but no gun safe.I just kept my savage in a stack-on gun box...My house is so far out in the country and secluded that im suprised it didnt happen before now....Thats why i opted on a sercurity system.I feel like shit i had put so much into the old savage..
I can say the sercurity company did there job though they called about 2 min. after the alarm was triggered.They tried to call me but up here in ill.where im at i had no service so they called my wife and the police.By the time they arrived they had already made good with there escape...all the reports were filed and it sounds like chances of recovery are not very good...
I think what hurts the most is the NF f1 i was planning on for a nice build is also mia...The only thing they didnt get is a falcon 5.5-25x56 and a accu-shot mono-pod...the way times are right now another build is a long time away if ever....Money is just to tight....well sorry fellas i just wanted to rant a little...

Re: They finally got me!

Yeah insurance would be great.But since i had to let it go two months ago that is out....
My wife has been very sick for awhile and that was the only bill i thought i could get away with for a while....I thought my alarm was enough for theft......i had planed on picking it back up next month....As far as fire i was just praying not to have...In nutshell it was either insurance or treatments for my wife...I have very good insurance through my work but they ruled in favor of thereselves(go figure)so you kinda get the pic....But i look at it like this it is just material things..

man hate to hear about that, watch the pawn shops as said before, and to have only made off with that, it sounds like an inside job to me. like they knew it was there and thats the one thing they was after.

Yeah its kinda weird because they got in about a hour after my wife went to the doctor for a treatment.I only know of a few people that know our situation.....two of them i would trust with my life....one of them is one of my wifes friends husband.I dont know shit about him....I called the law enforcement in my town.

467, I know it doesn't help in this situation now after the fact, but I'm getting into the insurance business and I've learned that often if you find yourself in a period where money is tight you can actually have your insurance premiums be taken out of the actual policy. I know this isn't possible for every policy out there but for many it is, with it either decreasing the face value of the policy or decreasing the cash accumilation.

Its a real shame that this happened, may whoever did it burn for it. I hope you get proper retribution and have yours returned to you.

When I was a kid we had a family farm in the Ozarks around the Doniphan area and I don't think the keys were ever out of the vehicle ignitions and the doors to the house were always unlocked. Times certainly have changed. I work in the big city now catching bad guys and surpisingly enough we do get a lot of stolen guns off the street so don't give up hope just yet. A rifle like that is not an easy turn over between turds hands as more often than not they do not even know what they have. So stay on the police to keep checking around it may turn up. Also check the papers we caught a guy who had been selling stolen guns to folks face to face by using the classified ads until this ole boy bought his own gun back. You and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers. Oh another thing you could try seeing how that is somewhat special item rifle and scope is put the rifle serial number and scope serial number out on the site in case someone runs across it. There is a website to list your stolen guns and optics on I just can't seem to find it right now maybe someone else has the link.

Take care,

Danel

Most home robberies are by people that know the owners of the house they are stealing from! Not to point fingers but would deffinetly be checking out the guy that your wife knows, just out of curiosity.

My parents house was hit last year. They Targeted the safe and took a cutting torch to it. Clean out over $15k in firearms and other valuables. Bastards took everything in it including the .30.40 Krag. LE was notified, nothing ever recovered or turned up.

That is terrible. Murphy seems to be hidding out around everyones house lately.

Check out the craigslist.com listings for you scope in the surrounding areas. craigslist.com is now the best way to move stolen products over pawn shops.

Thats one of my biggest fears. I had a buddy that lost nearly every one of his guns due to some meth head breaking in. Right now we've got two German Shepherds that stay in the yard all day and sleep with us at night. Hopefully that will detour someone...but if they shot my dogs AND stole my guns....

If someone knew what they were doing they may even post it on gunbroker or auctionarms. Its worth a look.

Karma - you only hope it comes to those that steal your stuff. F%%&% those bastards.

You can also check backpage.com they have lots of sporting goods show up.

Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone.And yeah i think it was someone we both know.Law enforcement did not get any prints.My front door is about 3/4 decorate glass.They simply heaved a big rock into it and steped right in.I had the stack on in a closet with the rifle and optics in it the simply took the cabinet and all...
Yes karma is a bitch and im sure they will get theirs...But i am truly sorry things resorted to this i am the type of person to try and help someone out even with everything thats going on in my life right now.I couldnt of done much but i could have offered them a hot meal or something in that nature...Hell they could of been hungry or thirsty but truthfully how bad the meth problem is around here that was proably the real reason...I try not to think that way but in all reality thats proably it.
I have to look on the bright side though my family is safe....And at least i have a scope left and a mono-pod so at least thats better than nothing..
Heres another strange thing in the closet with the gun cabinet hanging on a hook was a decked out mathews bow and proably 250$worth of arrows and broadheads......I guess they dont like to bow huntlol.....
My job keeps me from home a lot and im at work now when i get home in a couple more weeks i will post serial numbers on the N/f f1 and the savage...maybe everyone could keep there eyes open.
Again everyone thanks for the words of encouragement...

I feel for you dude. That really sucks.
Guther

Put out a reward on craigslist. Theres a ton of d'bags, who may associate with other d'bags who stole your guns.

Glad to see you had the serial numbers, at least they can be entered into NCIC as stolen items. I'm not sure about your state but here in Kentucky all pawn shops are required to forward a list of all itmes they take in to the local sheriff. They are required to report the serial number and the info on the person that pawned it. We actually recover alot of items that way. I have recoverd guns that have been stolen for over 20 years just by running serial numbers on traffic stops and while excuting drug search warrants. If you have a bad drug problem in your area, I have no doubt that it was drug related in some way. I would venture to say that 90 percent of all crimes in my area are drug related. Whether it acutally involved drugs or just stealing stuff to pawn or trade for drugs! Good luck and I really feel bad for you!

I fucking hate thieves, hope you can find them and bury his ass in a rock crevas and pour lime on him!

That sucks bro. A buddy of mine had a Glock 21 stolen about ten years ago. He filed a Police report and a claim with the ins. co. who replaced it... Then about 3mos later the PD called and informed him they'd recovered his pistol in a bust. When he got it back there were 10rds in it instead of 13 but other than that it looked just as it had when they stole it.

Sorry to hear brother! I know nothing we say will make you feel better, but I hope they recover your gear. Sad times we live in!

whatever came of this? i have a spare 110 action you can have if you want to start over. i will be home from A-stan at the end of june.