• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

They tried to steal my work van... 3 times in one night (video)

I think it is sad to say that they did something my son still does not remember to do....close the damn door.

Reactions: camocorvette
Unfortunately living in the state, county, city that I do this is really the only rational action that I've come up with that doesn't land me in prison.
Also some cameras that will read the plates of the progressives that want to redistribute your wealth.

Reactions: Foul Mike
Also some cameras that will read the plates of the progressives that want to redistribute your wealth.
Lol, yeah looking into that. Most likely have to be some sort of vehicle cam because the distance and angle from the house would require pretty serious hardware.

If I had a work van, every night I would put one of those bright yellow things that you get on your wheel when you don't pay to park, whatever those are called. Very few people are going to remove that to steal the van -- they'll either assume it doesn't run or they realize they can't drive it away.

My cousin developed something that he places on the door handles of each front door and is able to tighten basically a metal rope (like similar to what you get in a bike lock) so that the doors can't actually be opened even if broken into. They'd have to rip the door card off to get the door open or break the window, at which point they've made a not of noise and they'd have to have something to cut a metal cord, which isn't always easy.

Get one of these. It will never leave your driveway unless they pull it onto a wrecker

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
OP Do you live in one of those Rich, Diversified,Progressive areas?
Damn, I am glad I live where I do as we don't have much of this kind of shit, but it is coming our way.
Have you shared that video with your local Police? They might recognize some of the players in that game and need the evidence to make their case.

Reactions: BikePilot
Unfortunately living in the state, county, city that I do this is really the only rational action that I've come up with that doesn't land me in prison.
Even that could get ya there if you use the wrong words..

OP Do you live in one of those Rich, Diversified,Progressive areas?
Damn, I am glad I live where I do as we don't have much of this kind of shit, but it is coming our way.
Have you shared that video with your local Police? They might recognize some of the players in that game and need the evidence to make their case.

Yes and yes. I have my doubts the local PD will "look into it"

Reactions: Aries256
Send a couple of these Thief chomping lunatics out the door. Could come up with the obvious "other" ideas, but that would be wrong.........

Ive seen that gif before. If that was the real deal that fur missile would have taken a patch of t-shirt and a 1/2 lb. of back muscle, to go.

Reactions: Foul Mike and 1J04
Send a couple of these Thief chomping lunatics out the door. Could come up with the obvious "other" ideas, but that would be wrong.........

Wow, that not a small man. That dog took him down like a rag doll. Amazing!

OP, It sucks that life is so complicated. They should be dispatched like the crazy dogs they are.

People don't understand how powerful animals are. Their muscles are much stronger than ours from what I've been able to grasp - I'm sure that's fast twitch muscle and their muscles are obviously more dense. Not just wild animals either. My neighbor has maybe a 30 lb dog and I've sat for them a few times. That little thing may as well be a mama grizzly. Just a big ball of muscle. Mostly a terrier mix (no pit bull, just plain old wirehaired stuff). So when idiots are going to try to pet the black bear in the smokies - they're beyond stupid.

People don't understand how powerful animals are. Their muscles are much stronger than ours from what I've been able to grasp - I'm sure that's fast twitch muscle and their muscles are obviously more dense. Not just wild animals either. My neighbor has maybe a 30 lb dog and I've sat for them a few times. That little thing may as well be a mama grizzly. Just a big ball of muscle. Mostly a terrier mix (no pit bull, just plain old wirehaired stuff). So when idiots are going to try to pet the black bear in the smokies - they're beyond stupid.

Hell, try stuffing a Cat into a 5 gallon bucket of water and hold on for all you've got. And before anyone goes bat shit crazy about stuffing Kitties into buckets of water, it's for bathing. Sick bastards.

Its easy to convince yourself Fido is a big puss, until you see him fly through the air and rip a hole in somethings ass.

• Love
Reactions: 1J04
Hell, try stuffing a Cat into a 5 gallon bucket of water and hold on for all you've got. And before anyone goes bat shit crazy about stuffing Kitties into buckets of water, it's for bathing. Sick bastards.

I always liked the ole saying. "You like you been sacking wild cats and ran out of sacks."

• Haha
Reactions: Snipe260 and 1J04
I have a 'coon that I feed that I've fed since she was little. She's smart as shit, can open my doors and can hand feed her. We go through a ritual of when I step out on the back deck to feed her she comes up and slaps the top of my my foot.

She'll grab the coffee can of dry dog food and it becomes a tug of war, usually ending with the dog food flying up in the air. They are strong as hell. They are deceptively fast, and are faster than a cat in short distances.
They are in the bear family and I can imagine the power of a bear, especially a grizzly, is pretty much unknowable.

Last edited:
When I was a kid I was determined to pet the cats at granny's. These were feral hang around the barn type cats that would spaz out if you made eye contact from 50 yds. Set a smallish longspring trap under the house where they had a hole. Caught a few and petted them pussies. Looked like I'd been in a knifefight.

Can we assume you've also tried this with squirrels?

• Haha
That sucks... The damage to that column probably won't be cheap to fix either.

This is where a big loud dog and nosey neighbors and motion lights are helpful.

Wrong. That's what the toilet is for.
1. Push cat into bowl and simultaneously slam lid.

2. With foot on the lid, flush once. This is to get the cat wet.

3. Squirt shampoo through gap between seat and bowl. Flush again to wash cat.

4. Flush again to rinse cat.

5. Ensure bathroom door is open.
While holding a towel between yourself and the toilet, (WARNING: do not stand between toilet and bathroom door) quickly lift the lid while holding towel to shield you from the cat.

6. Cat is clean.

While holding a towel between yourself and the toilet, (WARNING: do not stand between toilet and bathroom door) quickly lift the lid while holding towel to shield you from the cat.

6. Cat is clean.

The toilet too.

Reactions: Mike Casselton

6. Cat is clean.

Option B;

Take to Cat Salon. Best $50.00 you'll ever spend. :unsure: :whistle: :eek::ROFLMAO:

6. Cat is clean.

You're not wrong Mike! Just trying to get one into a bathtub full of water is hard enough. Toilet Bowls or buckets are pretty much same struggle, and it's real! :LOL:

I have a 'coon that I feed that I've fed since she was little. She's smart as shit, can open my doors and can hand feed her. We go through a ritual of when I step out on the back deck to feed her she comes up and slaps the top of my my foot.

She'll grab the coffee can of dry dog food and it becomes a tug of war, usually ending with the dog food flying up in the air. They are strong as hell. They are deceptively fast, and are faster than a cat in short distances.
They are in the bear family and I can imagine the power of a bear, especially a grizzly, is pretty much unknowable.
When I was a kid I was determined to pet the cats at granny's. These were feral hang around the barn type cats that would spaz out if you made eye contact from 50 yds. Set a smallish longspring trap under the house where they had a hole. Caught a few and petted them pussies. Looked like I'd been in a knifefight.

@MtnCreek I was honestly gonna @ you, but lo and behold there you are. It's uncanny I tell ya! :cool:

I can picture that. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Threadcutter308
They are dumb enough to try it again, and soon.

Would be a real shame if 2-3 guys were in the van, slid the door open and 'nows you cant leave'.

Yep. 1st thing I thought of was they are definitely coming back. It'd be a helluva shame if they came back and somewhere in there was a firearm cleverly hidden. A cheap one, but functioning. Oh, and a Tracker. Theft of a Firearm during a Felony of TMVWOP? Pop! That's a nice Mandatory Minimum. Bonus points if, just if, they're already convicted Felons. 💪

If only...

Can you citizens arrest at gunpoint? And if durring said arrest they try to run you over with their car is that cause to defend yourself like it is with police?

In my twisted mind I see this scene. Rolling up on their car like...

I played the same game with Grandma's wild cats. I thought, that kitten can't be that mean. If I can catch him I can pet him. Everyone watching from the window had a good time.

Last edited:
If only...

Can you citizens arrest at gunpoint? And if durring said arrest they try to run you over with their car is that cause to defend yourself like it is with police?

In my twisted mind I see this scene. Rolling up on their car like...

You didn't just ask that in all seriousness on a Internet Forum did you? You're gonna wanna direct that to "your" local PA or a good Lawyer, if there is one in your area.

You didn't just ask that in all seriousness on a Internet Forum did you? You're gonna wanna direct that to "your" local PA or a good Lawyer, if there is one in your area.
Not in all seriousness, no.

I befriended a bunch of kittens at my maternal grandmother's house one summer. I think I managed to get 2 of them home (they were out wandering the field) and that's when I started my hatred towards domesticated cats. Freaking tore me up after I'd rescued them (or what I thought was rescuing them) - like you said...knife fight.

Round 4.

I picked up a loaner truck from work since the van is in the shop getting the ignition replaced. It's one of those ones with tool cabinets on the side that looks like a dog catcher. All the cabinets are empty so I just left them unlocked so no need to for shitheads break in.

Drove off this morning and one door flew open. Though to myself I must have left it open. Stopped to grab a bite, another one was open. Now im thinking "oh no they didnt".. checked them all and 3 were open.

Got home and checked the cameras. 2am someone in an all black silverado stopped next to it and looked through the doors.

"Oh yes they Did"

Now they got me plotting...

Round 4.

I picked up a loaner truck from work since the van is in the shop getting the ignition replaced. It's one of those ones with tool cabinets on the side that looks like a dog catcher. All the cabinets are empty so I just left them unlocked so no need to for shitheads break in.

Drove off this morning and one door flew open. Though to myself I must have left it open. Stopped to grab a bite, another one was open. Now im thinking "oh no they didnt".. checked them all and 3 were open.

Got home and checked the cameras. 2am someone in an all black silverado stopped next to it and looked through the doors.

"Oh yes they Did"

Now they got me plotting...

Spring loaded dog shit.

that's a lot of damage and you witnessed it all but did not break a window or its just on video and you did not know till you saw it the next day , I am just a little confused .

I noticed when I got in my van to go to work that morning. Then I went back over the video recordings.

Reactions: acudaowner
As far as the wanna-be thieves, a suppressed .22LR semi-auto, .. Quietly move down the block a ways so the crime lab boys can't calculate the angle of the shots back to your place. Squeeze off a couple and quietly go back to the house the back way. Problemo solved.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
7 watt blue laser... clothes burst in to flames

Sirhr