• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s They were once our enemies

Sorry could not resist .
-
1602376643102.png

-

But they taught our fledgling Navy most of what it knew about sailing and fighting.

So any ringknockers, squids, and bluejackets here, like me, might enjoy this

I'm a proud Surgeon's Steward, Apothecary, Loblolly Boy, Pharmacist Mate... Hospital Corpsman

Anchors aweigh and drink to the fucking foam!

.....and I'll have you know.......

Our commercial maritime Industry, particularly whaling, dominated the world post revolution up until the point we destroyed our commercial fleets in the Civil War.

Nantucket became today's Saudia Arabia on their back for sailing around the world and making it back filled with riches.

England was outclassed by US Mariners early and often.

John Paul Jones for the win.

Reactions: Davo308
.....and I'll have you know.......

Our commercial maritime Industry, particularly whaling, dominated the world post revolution up until the point we destroyed our commercial fleets in the Civil War.

Nantucket became today's Saudia Arabia on their back for sailing around the world and making it back filled with riches.

England was outclassed by US Mariners early and often.

John Paul Jones for the win.
Technologically and tactically the US Navy was an also ran from 1815 or so until the interwar years of the 20th century. I know national pride is hard to swallow, but them's the facts.

Yeah, we turned submarines and aircraft carriers into operational weapons, but our subs were outclassed by German ones until fleet boats came to the fleet and naval aviation had to wait till the big one to rise.

Technologically and tactically the US Navy was an also ran from 1815 or so until the interwar years of the 20th century. I know national pride is hard to swallow, but them's the facts.

Yeah, we turned submarines and aircraft carriers into operational weapons, but our subs were outclassed by German ones until fleet boats came to the fleet and naval aviation had to wait till the big one to rise.

Not talking about the Navy......I'm talking about our commercial fleet.

We were more successful at infesting the seas at that time than any other Commercial operation.

Not talking about the Navy......I'm talking about our commercial fleet.

We were more successful at infesting the seas at that time than any other Commercial operation.

Gotcha. Not sure what England was focusing on at the time but I'm sure their merchant fleet wasn't absent.

Gotcha. Not sure what England was focusing on at the time but I'm sure their merchant fleet wasn't absent.

Surprised me to see we were the best at commercializing whaling.

Seems our ideas of "mass production" at sea were novel and superior.

Reactions: 308pirate
I hope that article is bull shit. I love the brits! I just wish they showed up for the south during the civil war.