• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Thigh Rig for Glock 34 with Surefire x300?

breachersup

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2011
New England
I just put a surefire x300 on a Glock 34 (3rd gen).

I’d like to get a thigh rig to rock n roll with this setup and in Googling my way around and pouring over Safariland's "which holsters fit which pistols charts" I’m not seeing any such option jump out at me.

The one thing I found was this conversation on the Hide in 2008: Sniper's Hide

From this thread and from my Googling, it looks like the way to go for a thigh rig for a Glock 34 with a surefire x300 attached is to get a holster for the Glock 34 with IT m3 light-(thank you smokshwn).

Before ordering a holster I wanted to ask on the Hide if this is still the case or if there is now a rig for this pistol/light combo available. It’d be nice to get something that is actually designed to fit this perfectly. (Just seems hard to believe that there's no thigh rig for the "practical tactical" Glock with such a recognized pistol light attached)

And at this time I don't need any recommendations for a holster that takes a glock 34 with no light, a Glock 17 with the light, or a concealment holster. I want a thigh rig primarily and hip holster second - (both for a Gock 34 with a surefire x300 mounted on the rail.)

- Thanks in advance all.

Re: Thigh Rig for Glock 34 with Surefire x300?

I would call Safariland and ask direct. I have a raven concealment for my glock 34 with a light on my side and it works great.

Nevada Leather makes a nice thigh holster.

Nevada%20leather.gif

The 34 was originally designed for competition, and since most competitions dont allow in the rules a weapons mounted light it doesnt seem practical for a company to make a large quantity of them if any at all.

You may have to look for a custom company to do it.

The Safariland 6004 for the G34 with ITM3 light will fit the G34 running a surefire light. I run this exact setup myself with my G35, as do several other tactical teams in the area using the G34/35.

Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevada Leather makes a nice thigh holster.

Nevada%20leather.gif
</div></div>

Oh this is perfect!! Do I have to be wearing a skirt to rock this rig or do you think it would match cammies and boots too?

Seriously though, sounds like I should give Safariland a call, and that perhaps the Safariland 6004 for the G34 with ITM3 is the way to go.

Now if I go with said holster, am I even gonna notice the difference or is it such a close fit its no big deal whatsoever? I'm assuming you still get really great retention on the weapon or else you guys wouldn't be rockin it.

Another option could be Blade-tech. They dont show the x300, but they do show the x200. They also show the itt m3x which is the largest pistol light i know of.

Might try them if safariland doesn't come through.

FWIW, the hood on the blade tech is spring loaded- so you don't have to push it out of the way; like safariland.

X200 and X300 lights use the same holster.

FWIW... I have a Safariland that fits a Glock 22 w/ x200 perfectly. When I attach the x300, the hood hits the back of the slide making it difficult to open and close. The x300 is slightly longer than the x200 (3.53" vs. 3.47") which makes my pistol ride higher in the holster. My holster is an earlier model and this might not be an issue with the new generation holsters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW... I have a Safariland that fits a Glock 22 w/ x200 perfectly. When I attach the x300, the hood hits the back of the slide making it difficult to open and close. The x300 is slightly longer than the x200 (3.53" vs. 3.47") which makes my pistol ride higher in the holster. My holster is an earlier model and this might not be an issue with the new generation holsters.

</div></div>

That's the first I have heard of a fit issue with the X200 holster.

Well either way that's an interesting bit of information that I'll ask about when I call safariland and bladetech. Thank you both for mentioning this about the x200 and x300 and what not.

I am getting ready to run this same exact setup myself. I was wondering what you ended up going with. When I called Safariland, they weren't a whole lot of help.

Hey Robert,

To be honest, I actually kind of dropped back a few yards and punted on getting a holster for my Glock 34 with x300. But the story doesn't end just yet.

After exploring some options and getting some info from this thread a long time ago when I started it, I acquired a 3rd generation Glock 19 and wanted a thigh rig for it with the x300 on it. So I called Bladetech (they had a Glock 17 with x300 in the drop down menu, but not the Glock 19), and I got a WRS thigh rig for the Glock 19 with x300 with a simple phone call order. NOW, in hindsight, the x300 sticks out further than the 19's slide, so I wouldnt have sacrificed anything just getting the holster for the 17 like they had listed and then I could drop a Glock 17 with x300 in my WRS thigh rig and fully cover the tip of the slide and whatnot. But now I digress...

So all that is to say that I'm pretty confident that we could just call Bladetech and have them make us a holster for our G34s with x300 (I mean its the same as for a G17, just a bit longer in the pistol part, which would then fit flush with the light just about). I just haven't gone back to pursue that because after a lot, and I mean, a lot, of time with my Glock 19 with x300 in my WRS thigh rig, I think I would prefer a Safariland on my gun belt, rather than the WRS on my leg.

That's discouraging how you said that Safariland wasn't much help on the phone. So as of right now, I don't have a great answer for you. If you wanna go with Bladetech, from my experiences, the moral of the story is - they will make all sorts of stuff thats not in their drop down menus online, so don't be afraid to give them a call.

As for Safariland, I had a conversation with a gentleman who works in the Law Enforcement section of the big gun store in southern New Hampshire, and he had this master catalog of all the different options for pistols and light combinations, which seemed to be way way way more helpful than those "PDF document sizing charts" on Safariland's website. If you're military or LE, maybe you wanna talk to somebody like that?

My conversation with that guy actually turned up a Safariland holster that would accomodate a Glock 34 with x300 (Safariland 6360-83) - but the reason why I didn't get that is because I could only use it by threading a belt through it, I need something that will adapt to MOLLE Webbing such that I can put it on my gun belt.

Whoo long post. Umm I hope that helps you at all, and if anybody's got any advice to my thoughts in my last paragraph above, feel free to shout it out. And beyond that, I'm gonna check out the name that the gentleman in-between our posts posted. (that wasnt the best sentence, but thats besides the point)

i use a hip carry blade tech and like it a lot...super quick, stays in place but the trade off is not much for retention unless you do some garage type mods...i've grown away from thigh holsters....

Get a Safariland ALS. Best retention holster going...

Safariland You cant go wrong.Been using one form or another for the last 15+ years. NEVER had a issue with any of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leprechaun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Safariland You cant go wrong.Been using one form or another for the last 15+ years. NEVER had a issue with any of them. </div></div>

The issue isn't what brand we most prefer, its who actually makes a rig for a Glock 34 with a Surefire x300 on it.