• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Things to do in grand junction

Smokerroller

Si vic pacem, Para bellum
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
Sheridan, WY
We will be in grand junction next week. What are some fun things to do or places to go in GJ or nearby? We will stop by XLR, Seek Outside, and Hill People Gear. What else? Interests are golf, hunting, shooting, welding, machining, aerospace.
Thanks

Shooters Bar and Grill if open.
In Rifle CO,,about 20 minutes from Jct.
Bing cherry picking in Jct.

• Love
Reactions: acudaowner
Go to the world’s worst Cabelas?

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
20200728_062045.jpg

Go to this camp spot. Take some beer and a lawn chair and watch the sun go down over the valley. Listen to the bats flying around you after dark. It is an amazing view.

By the way.....that is Colorado National Monument. I took this picture less than a week ago.

Second on the worst Cabelas it sucks , uh Rifle is 50 miles east of GJ not twenty minutes. Now C.S.E.C is about 20 min east of GJ it’s a great shooting range I know the wife will roll her eyes but get off at exit 45 on I70 and take a look. Co. Nat Monument worth a day for the family safe travels

Eat peaches.
Eat cherries

Raft either Ruby Horsethief of Westwater Canyon on a commerical trip depending on age of kids. Westwater is bigger rapids.
gorgeous big walls of red stone while you cruise through great class III rapids

If you can handle a day drive, make the drive through Hotchkiss along the north rim of the Black Canyon to the dam. Some good places along there to see it all without crowds.

drink some Colorado beer. They make some good stuff here.

Go to Glenwood Springs and check out the hot springs, amusement parks, and Hanging Lake. Will need to make a reservations this year for Hanging Lake. Go early if possible. Lots of rafting available too.

zzdata-39419_640x482.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpeg

cliffhanger-roller-coaster.jpeg

WD20190128-GlenwoodCavernsAdventurePark-04.jpeg

hanging-lake-2.jpeg

570b4c78a22485ce007776b6870209e4.jpeg

Reactions: acudaowner
Eat peaches.
Eat cherries

Raft either Ruby Horsethief of Westwater Canyon on a commerical trip depending on age of kids. Westwater is bigger rapids.
gorgeous big walls of red stone while you cruise through great class III rapids

If you can handle a day drive, make the drive through Hotchkiss along the north rim of the Black Canyon to the dam. Some good places along there to see it all without crowds.

drink some Colorado beer. They make some good stuff here.

I have heard rumor Palisade lost most all their peaches this year. That would make for a sad year indeed.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
You are correct, no peaches unless you really know a grower. Have been buying from the same grower for 20 years and have been told nothing this year.

Black Canyon National Park is about an hour South near Montrose. Pretty cool sights there.

Good food in Montrose at Colorado Boy Brew Pub and Horsefly Brewers.
Phelanies is a cool little speakeasy in the back of a pawn shop. You'll need the password for that one though.

IMG_20191006_122319.jpg

Drive hwy 65? Over the Grand Mesa. I used to see moose sometimes on the north side.
Good trout fishing at island lake too.
Nah it’s been a year and a half stupid drunks stole a snowcat and drove it onto the ice and broke though it’s still there poisoning the water