• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Things to do in Seattle

At present, no indoor dining/drinking in Washington, except outdoor seating. So that may or may not have changed by July. Who knows. They’ve gone back and forth a couple times. There are a handful of establishments defying the order, and they’re getting the screws put to them as a result.
As others have noted, outdoor attractions would be the way to go, so try to get out of the city.
That bar is called the 9 LB Hammer, by the way, and it is a good neighborhood watering hole.
I lived in Seattle for several years, and finally left in 2009. It was time.

Herkimer makes the best coffee in Seattle, up on Phinney Ridge. No gun stores left, except Outdoor Emporium, south of the stadiums.

@Steelhead - there’s a upper Midwest bar in Ballard called Zayda Buddys, square pizza, lots of midwest beers on hand. It may have gone out of business now. Many bars and restaurants have, because of the lockdown.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
If the city style is what your looking for, drive 15mins east and go to Bellevue.
They still police the city and protect their law abiding citizens. And it’s MUCH more attractive than Seattle.

Reactions: Maggot
Go to the mountains. Three places that should be on your bucket list:

1. Hoh Rainforest. You'd need at least 2 days (4hr drive each way). My advice would be to take the northern route around the Olympic mountains to get there from Seattle. 3hr drive from Seattle. It's just an incredible place that you'd have to experience to appreciate.

2. Mt. Baker trail named Heliotrope Ridge. It's just under a 3 mile hike to get up close to the ridge where you can literally walk up to the glaciers. You can also see the snow capped Canadian Cascades close to the north. Go on a clear day and bring a good camera (you'll regret it otherwise).

View attachment 7530325
View attachment 7530329View attachment 7530331
3. Mt. Rainier. I'd argue that you would need 6 months to see a good enough portion of the mountain to really appreciate it. It looks different from nearly every angle / approach, and the sub-alpine scenery changes depending on which side you're on. If I had to recommend where to go, I would first say avoid "Paradise". Waste of time IMO. I would drive out to the White River trail and hike up a mile and change and witness one of the most spectacular views that you could ever see.

View attachment 7530332

If you're not in shape or can't hike for any reason, drive out to "Sunset". It can get crowded there,
so go early.

Other than that, I would check out the Museum of Flight. They have some incredible stuff there.
Thank you for the suggestions and beautiful photos. Im not in 20 year old shape any more but get around really well for a 71 year old. Might have to do a bit of acclimatization before some of those hikes at altitude.

Reactions: MtnGhost
If the city style is what your looking for, drive 15mins east and go to Bellevue.
They still police the city and protect their law abiding citizens. And it’s MUCH more attractive than Seattle.
Thanks, Ill be there for a convention so city is no choice but basically, though they have their place, I try to avoid cities as much as possible.

Mt St. Helens is just down the road. Impressive damage even 40 years later. Take some time to hit the Mountains/Volcanos.

Very Easy hiking.

Columbia River Gorge is also down there (I lived in portland so it was down the road). Several Great Waterfalls along the route.