• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Thinking about getting a Glock

I probably would just run it decocked and practice the double action trigger.

I recommend it. @Gustav7 and I were practicing last Sunday getting ready for a big match in two weeks and one of the drills we did (just for shits and grins) was something called "man card" drill.

Basically draw and fire one shot into the A/C zone of a USPSA target at 25 yards in 1.5 seconds or less. Shooting my carry gun (CZ P-07) DA first shot I made it under par in three out of six shots and the other three were all under 1.6

You do not want a laser that lights up when the hammer drops. It's counterproductive to learn how to call your shots. There is a reason no USPSA Grand Master who also trains people uses them or recommend them.

It also doesn't take 100,000 freaking trigger presses to get used to a DA trigger. Pull it straight through without stopping or even staging it and grip the gun correctly and like a man.
Bwahahahaha... like I would give a flying fuck about what a USPA Grand Master thinks or says. The laser lights for .05 seconds. You are certainly entitled to your opinion about it. Knowing where my handgun points just based on muscle memory is the he goal and it’s goal attained.

Train how you want.
I’ll train how I want.
I’m sorry my effectiveness behind the trigger and methods is hurting your feelers. You’ll eventually get over it.

Bwahahahaha... like I would give a flying fuck about what a USPA Grand Master thinks or says. The laser lights for .05 seconds. You are certainly entitled to your opinion about it. Knowing where my handgun points just based on muscle memory is the he goal and it’s goal attained.

Train how you want.
I’ll train how I want.
I’m sorry my effectiveness behind the trigger and methods is hurting your feelers. You’ll eventually get over it.

Judging by your target on the avatar I can see what your "effectiveness" really is

Reactions: SmolPP

Train how you want.
I’ll train how I want.
4D1F0E39-8FAC-4CDF-8A3B-BE29DA96BA0E.jpeg

This is what people who can't shoot say

I had never used a Glock until last summer. It took me less than a week of dryfire to adjust my presentation to suit it.

The Glock's grip design is a feature, not a mistake. It is one of the key reasons why Glocks are so easy to shoot fast and accurately: it forces your wrists to lock and your elbows to flex down. The blocky "unergonomic" shape of the grip's cross section makes it very easy to index consistently on it on the draw.
I love the flat sides of the Glock grip. The flat sides offer a tactile feedback during my draw and presentation so my sight picture isn't off to the left or right. On my 1911, I have the Hogue wraparound finger groove grip which has flat sides for the exact same reason.

I do run a beavertail backstrap on my G34 with the bottom half cut off. That way, the backstrap only adds grip circumference at the top half of the grip so that the muzzle isn't pointing up at the sky for me. It points exactly like my 1911. I can go back and forth between the two platforms with ease. The web of my strong hand is pretty meaty, so I have to have a beavertail to keep from getting the Glock slide drag. That's the price you gotta pay for shooting one of the lowest bore axis pistols on the market.

The web of my strong hand is pretty meaty, so I have to have a beavertail to keep from getting the Glock slide drag. That's the price you gotta pay for shooting one of the lowest bore axis pistols on the market.

This was one of the main reasons I sold my Glocks and switched. I have huge, skinny hands with big knuckles and I finally got tired of it after a course where I ripped my knuckle open. I shoot my CZ’s just as well and they feel better in my hand.

I held a Sig 365XL today. Surprisingly it felt like my 48. As for how it shoots, I have no clue, but it felt nice.
My 365XL always surprises me with how accurate it is. It’s a great little gun

I love the flat sides of the Glock grip. The flat sides offer a tactile feedback during my draw and presentation so my sight picture isn't off to the left or right. On my 1911, I have the Hogue wraparound finger groove grip which has flat sides for the exact same reason.

I do run a beavertail backstrap on my G34 with the bottom half cut off. That way, the backstrap only adds grip circumference at the top half of the grip so that the muzzle isn't pointing up at the sky for me. It points exactly like my 1911. I can go back and forth between the two platforms with ease. The web of my strong hand is pretty meaty, so I have to have a beavertail to keep from getting the Glock slide drag. That's the price you gotta pay for shooting one of the lowest bore axis pistols on the market.

I don't have a 1911, never have, never will, because I just don't do pistols with manual safeties. Maybe that's why I can't understand all those who complain about the Glock grip because "muh 1911".

Reactions: Makinchips208
@JoshPutman as both a Glock and CZ owner, CZ all the way

P-10F if you want striker-fired
13471543_01_cz_p_10f__640.jpg

P-09 if you want DA/SA
12337774_02_cz_p_09_640.jpg
Why CZ over the glock Gen 5? Not picking a fight genuinely asking your opinion on why you think it’s a better striker fired option

Why CZ over the glock Gen 5? Not picking a fight genuinely asking your opinion on why you think it’s a better striker fired option
You owe it to yourself to go and shoot both if possible.
Granted, everyone has their own preferences.

This was one of the main reasons I sold my Glocks and switched. I have huge, skinny hands with big knuckles and I finally got tired of it after a course where I ripped my knuckle open. I shoot my CZ’s just as well and they feel better in my hand.

My 365XL always surprises me with how accurate it is. It’s a great little gun
The 365xl is a fantastic carry pistol. My wife has one and I may buy one myself.