• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Thinking about getting a new Browning High Power

Amazing how low the bore is over grip on that thing.

I know but it is so well balanced. It is really a rare pistol and designed for competition which I don’t do any longer so a bit of a waste. They have since come out with a variant called the CZ75 Target Sport Orange which has many of the features for $1,750. I know a couple of guys who want to buy the one I have so I may go this route or I may buy it as well and have 2.

Late 1970's model from Belgium
20190224_095134.jpg

Reactions: cupid stunt
hpc2-1.jpg

hpa1-1.jpg

They are a bit more expensive than my new Beretta. I like both finishes.
I love the feel and look of a high power. I have owned 3 of them. I never could get one with a decent trigger so I begrudgingly sold them all. I still like them though

Nighthawk Custom has a pretty sweet rendition of the Browning High Power.....for a price of course but nonetheless it is one sweet looking stick.

who is a good pistol smith to work on the High Power ?
Great list of folks right here.

@THEIS

Piece of shit status confirmed: https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/10/23/tested-tisas-regent-br9-hi-power-pistol/

On the range, I experienced recurrent failures to extract with both stock pistols. Another troubling occurrence was a cracked firing pin retaining plate. While it is not uncommon for firing pin retaining plates to break, it’s usually not within the first few hundred rounds.

Here's another:
We have done a complete Rockwell hardness check on all of the critical areas of the slide, frame, and internal parts. The RC hardness is greater than the Browning Hi Power was in the slide locking lugs, slide breech face, and the barrel cam in the frame.

LOL, before anyone says "more is better", when talking about steel hardness that is hardly ever necessarily so. In any case, the statement quoted does nothing to imply the pistol's steel is properly heat treated. For all we know, it's been hardened so much that it is now brittle and prone to fracture.

Reactions: Yasherka
Hi,

LOL @308pirate
There is soo much more than those things that are horrible with that Manufacturer.
Being able to bend safety latch because metal was so flexible.
Being able to break safety latch because metal was so brittle.
Being able to push the rear site left and right with just your thumb.
Firing pins that would bend at tip and break in middle.

The pistol is a joke.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

LOL @308pirate
There is soo much more than those things that are horrible with that Manufacturer.
Being able to bend safety latch because metal was so flexible.
Being able to break safety latch because metal was so brittle.
Being able to push the rear site left and right with just your thumb.
Firing pins that would bend at tip and break in middle.

The pistol is a joke.

Sincerely,
Theis

But stupid cunt says they're great. I don't understand

LOL

Reactions: THEIS
If you aren't willing to buy a Belgium HP or one made in Portugal like the later models, find a nice FEG clone. Much better than the junk coming out of turkey.