• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Thinking about ruining my Winchester 72-22

JAW91

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
I have a REALLY old Winchester 72-22 (it doesn't even have a serial number) bolt action. I've been thinking about selling it to buy a newer 22 or maybe a 30-06 or something but I went to trade this gun for a Ruger .22 and they were only going to give me $50 for mine but I don't want a semi-auto anyways, I want to stick with bolt actions.. So I think I'm just going to mount a scope on this gun and use it instead but its a tube barrel so I'm going to have to get a scope mounted on it and I've heard doing so will ruin the guns value. But I figure it doesn't really matter anyways since according to them its only worth $50 anyways. What do you guys think?

Re: Thinking about ruining my Winchester 72-22

While it would take some value off, its only worth $50 so why even worry? I's do put some glass on it..

What kind of scope do you think I should put on it? I think I'm limited since its a tube barrel, right? I'll take a picture of it for you guys and post it in a little bit.

This is it. Winchester 72-22. Its a nice gun and I love it but I was just kind of
discouraged because I was told it would be hard to mount a good scope on.
DSC03022.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03024.jpg

Winchester 72

I have a REALLY old Winchester 72-22 (it doesn't even have a serial number) bolt action. I've been thinking about selling it to buy a newer 22 or maybe a 30-06 or something but I went to trade this gun for a Ruger .22 and they were only going to give me $50 for mine but I don't want a semi-auto anyways, I want to stick with bolt actions.. So I think I'm just going to mount a scope on this gun and use it instead but its a tube barrel so I'm going to have to get a scope mounted on it and I've heard doing so will ruin the guns value. But I figure it doesn't really matter anyways since according to them its only worth $50 anyways. What do you guys think?

I would like to buy your Model 72 if you want to sell. thanks,

Paul