• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Thinking of picking up a MK25 thoughts

OldGuardShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2011
Purcell,Oklahoma
I sold my Gen 4 Glock 9mm 17 today. I didn't like it . I had a problem with erratic ejection of brass hitting me in the face. I like the MK25 i want to keep my pistol under 1k what are your guys thoughts on this model (MK25) or other top end 9mm under 1k

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Thinking of picking up a MK25 thoughts

Have you tried a Gen 3 G17? I am not a fan of the Gen 4s.

Get a 226 elite they are close to 1k or a 226 combat tb

Yeah I bought the 226 Enhanced Elite for around $800 a couple months ago. From what I understand its basically the same thing but missing the little anchor.

Ha totally read that post wrong. Was going to ask how you were getting a Mk 23 for under a grand.

Cant go wrong with a sig. Great guns.
If you liked the glock other than the ejection problems I would also look at S&W M&Ps or Springfield XD.

You cant go wrong with a Sig. You may have a problem finding a holster for it. The rails are more significant than the other 226s.

I bought mine for 875 about a month ago. You should have no problem finding one for under 1k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I bought the 226 Enhanced Elite for around $800 a couple months ago. From what I understand its basically the same thing but missing the little anchor. </div></div>

Does the Enhanced Elite has phosphated parts, like the Mk 25?

Nope it sure doesn't good point. I live in Vermont so such things matter not to me. I don't plan on scuba diving in the ocean with my 226 to come up and raid some target from the sea. And unless this is in anyone else's future, I would bet those phosphate parts won't matter to you either

If you lived in western Washington or Alaska, the phosphating could be important. There it often rains 20-30 days straight.

s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you lived in western Washington or Alaska, the phosphating could be important. There it often rains 20-30 days straight.

s </div></div>

It's not salt water, which is the purpose of the phosphate