• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

thirdgeneration vs midway

jack simpson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Kentucky
Was going to order a box of bullets off midway got down to checkout they were wanting 8.95 for shipping plus $3 for special handling.
For the same box of bullets Thirdgenerationshootingsupply wanted $4.95 flat rate.

I think Midway has gotten to big for their britches!
If I can I will be giving all my business TGSS!

Re: thirdgeneration vs midway

I never order bullets from midway, shipping is just to expensive. I go with people that will ship in a flat rate. Midway has some good deals from time to time.

Kc

I remember the days when they had a flat rate for anything over $25.
I guess someone has to pay for all those Safaris that Larry goes on.
smile.gif

One thing about Midway, their kind of like Cabela's, you just can't totally eliminate them from your buying options.

Sinclair is about the same, especially since they've adopted Brownell's style website. Now they're one of the only companies that I like getting a catalog from.

I look at TGSS first. Beside Midways shipping prices, an the items I buy are not realistic anymore.
The man that owns Third Gen. taught me a lot about shotgun shooting over the years. Even allowed me to beat him once.
Gene Sears, is one standup gentleman.

Remember when Midway had free shipping with no minimum order? I'm showing my age.

The once/year midway birthday special can be nice. I spent $1200 last month with it and saved about $300 from what I *would* have paid shopping around for all the best prices.

Midway pisses me off with their strategic "sale" items. They put stuff on sale for 1% off, and then no promo code/special discount applies. Pretty snakey. I generally avoid midway, but some good deals can be had. Kust have to pick and choose carefully. One things for sure...don't buy powder/primers from them.

I agree that Midway's shipping prices are kinda steep, but they DO ship out in less than 24 hours most of the time. The other thing about Midway is that they have donated a huge amount to not only the NRA over the years, but are also a huge suporter of many shooting diciplines and events.

I will keep them on my list of places to do business with, but always shop around for the best price.

I have also noticed the upswing of strategic "sale" items to keep you from using the money off codes. That is becoming annoying.

Just my 2 cents,
madd0c

I do like the idea of the nra roundup. But I won't be fooled it is as good for them as anyone. They are really not out one penny but everything that goes to the nra helps to protect their buisness really quite shrewd.
I wish Graf and sons and some of the others would do it. I am more likely to round up to the nearest dollar if my hind end is not getting reamed out from shipping.

I just ordered 500 Bergers from TGSS. They were delivered 2 days later. They also had the best total price.

Be glad no one charges shipping by how much the stuff your ordering cost's like the NRA does .I ordered about 250 dollars in silhouette pins from the NRA and they charged me 45 dollars for shipping and they would have all fit into a 4 dollar and fifty cent postal box .Arnie

What did they say when you called them and asked for a better shipping rate? Or did you just decide to take it in the ass because it was the NRA?

Shipping and handling is MORE negotiable than product price, in my experience.