• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This ammo situation sucks

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    If you asked me how much I shot last year I'd tell you next to nothin .
    Yeah I went to the indoor range for pistol , another indoor for AR and my Club for outdoor 100yds . I have several guns that I don't keep a range log on so if you asked how many rounds last year I might say 600 .
    Man was I off . I decided to check inventory and apparently with the purchase of around 800 rounds I still shot 3k last year . Dafug ? I mean I'm not TheGerman who I wouldn't be surprised if he ran 20k a year but man for not shooting I put a hurt on the inventory . I can't wait for reloading components to come back .

I know how you feel... I have an open spot in my bulk bullet shelf now... I actually have to go into the shop and get another case out of the deep storage area... if not it looks unbalanced. Luckily I think the lot #s are the same on the next few full cases. Can you imagine having to adjust for lot variation every 5k rounds🤯 oh the humanity!!!!!

Just kidding trying to lighten the mood with all the doom threads around

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    1612395848359.png

Last year I burned 15,186 rounds of 9X19. Probably 99.9% of them reloaded

This year..........gonna have to turn that down to 3000 or so to make the stash last through Biden's illegitimate presidency.

Hang on gents. A sliver of light? I'm in Academy Sports today and decide to browse the ammo aisle which is usually empty save for a few boxes of unusual calibers. But today, they had TulAmmo .223 for $8.99/20. Maybe had 200 boxes but...a 3 box limit. Also had .223 64gr soft point and maybe 25 boxes of Wolf .223.

I haven't really bought anything extra at the new prices, but it has cut into taking my kids to the range. If we bring the dueling trees and steel it's a 1,000rds minimum. So for the most part the 10/22's are staying in the safe. I'll be looking for a pallet if CCI std velocity if it gets back to reasonable.

I’ve been in the build room trying to figure out how to put 375 Ruger in an ar platform!🤣

If you asked me how much I shot last year I'd tell you next to nothin .
    Yeah I went to the indoor range for pistol , another indoor for AR and my Club for outdoor 100yds . I have several guns that I don't keep a range log on so if you asked how many rounds last year I might say 600 .
    Man was I off . I decided to check inventory and apparently with the purchase of around 800 rounds I still shot 3k last year . Dafug ? I mean I'm not TheGerman who I wouldn't be surprised if he ran 20k a year but man for not shooting I put a hurt on the inventory . I can't wait for reloading components to come back .
    I shoot about the same as you not including rimfire. I am off to a lower run rate this year. I do dry fire a shit ton more using the IOTA. I m also shooting a lot more rimfire. I have a lot of rimfire so not too concerned about that inventory

Will keep doing the same until the situation changes

I was buying a few thousand rounds a month in 2019/20, various mix calibers (9mm/45acp/308/6.5). Felt like I had a good stash going.

I was also shooting 300-400 rounds a 2-x a month conservatively heading into the end of 2020.

Now Im clutching my fucking pearls, and I am looking at shooting 200-300 rounds a quarter as my big "splurge".

I’ve put off all pistol shooting until I can acquire SPP and start loading. AR shooting is being limited to 60-80 rounds per outing and 50 rounds for the bolt gun.

Picked up a magpul p60 because it was near the register with the kids candy. It was fun doing mag dumps with the 10.5" AR. However after we went home I added up the cost to replace 240rds of 223, 100rds of 9mm and 500rds of 22lr and got a little queasy. Was a fun 45min range trip though.

Had half my components for a 6.5 prc build and decided to switch to a 7 saum. At this point in life, that was a great decision.

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
    I’m over 15,000 rds of 12g last year for practice,,,doesn’t include tournaments
    I’ll be lucky if I shoot 5k. this year
    last ammo rush didn’t really effect the different shotgun disciplines,,,Lots different this time

No excuses why Federal and Hornady don't have factories in all 50 states pumping out 10 million rounds apiece every 24 hours.

• Haha
    Reactions: Bradu
    its a good lesson to learn even if it's an unwanted lesson not to take things for granted and to hoard what you can cause you never know when It may be gone forever. or something to that effect . so either buy what you can now at crazy high prices or do without cause its going to be a hell of a winter after the dims pass there gun control measures and they will .

Reactions: Bender
    Just think.... your uncle Joe hasn't even announced his gun control policies or goals since being sworn in. I predict at about the 100 day mark after he has crushed covid he will move on to that topic....

This is currently pre panic preparing for real panic!

🤣

Just think.... your uncle Joe hasn't even announced his gun control policies or goals since being sworn in. I predict at about the 100 day mark after he has crushed covid he will move on to that topic....

This is currently pre panic preparing for real panic!

🤣
    👆 👆 👆

It’s just beginning!

<<<<had shipments every week till September/October beginning in February of components and ammo.

If you couldn’t see this coming,,,
    160BBBBD-F232-4D86-967C-7F41281917DD.gif

Reactions: 1moaoff
    being more than an hour from an outdoor range helps and hurts.
    on one side, i can't shoot as often as i want, but then because of that it is hard not to shoot a shitload if i do make it out there.

if i could shoot from my porch like some of you, i'd be out.

Reactions: HMRamateur
    I have added air rifle to try to make my centerfire component stash last longer. Not the same but better that overpaying.

Likewise friend. Picked up an Anschutz PCP air rifle and built the range in my basement. Its the only affordable way I can keep up the trigger time.

Reactions: Jgunner
    being more than an hour from an outdoor range helps and hurts.
    on one side, i can't shoot as often as i want, but then because of that it is hard not to shoot a shitload if i do make it out there.

if i could shoot from my porch like some of you, i'd be out.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Thinking of joining a deer lease my cousin is in. He swears there is a stretch that is 2K yards long? I'll have to go see for myself. But I could go in the off season when nobody is hunting, bring the camper and shoot for two days at a time. :unsure:

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Thinking of joining a deer lease my cousin is in. He swears there is a stretch that is 2K yards long? I'll have to go see for myself. But I could go in the off season when nobody is hunting, bring the camper and shoot for two days at a time. :unsure:
    Every deer hunter thinks a space longer than 300 yards is basically 2000.

Maybe that’s where all these grand papy shot a big ol buck at 750 with his open sight 30-30 standing up stories come from

If you dont have ammo or the stuff required to load ammo now. ITS YOUR OWN DAM PROBLEM. Quit crying about it. We dont care

When life hands you lemons....

This situation has made my shooting partner(s) realize a few things, including the fact that you may not have unlimited resupply. We've also began drilling on how to assault fixed positions (see: Bob's parked RV camp over there) both during the day and at night. Additionally, this gives time to practice passive entry methods like lock picking, site surveillance and how to properly set up the planning phase.

While I have enough ammo for carbine/pistol as I negotiated an operating agreement with a manufacturer for business purposes, whenever we come across people out in the desert our thing is to randomly ask them 'you guys got any ammo?'

Stopped by a gun shop today. Small place but had lots of 6.5cm. 147gr eldm for $33, the 143gr EldX was $38, plus had some other stuff as well.

This is the first time in my shooting life, I've ever had to "manage" my ammo. This just plain sucks ass.
    I think I.ve got enough to last me until china joe and the hoe, leave office. If they get a second fake term, I'm F'd! I really hate to admit this, but, I've lost faith in the future of my Country. Mac:mad:

Seems to me availability is up, and prices are down slightly - at least for some calibers.

Not really in the market, but I check a couple times a day just to track.

The interesting part is an influx of smaller manufacturers that appear to be supplementing the larger market. In addition to what seems to be an increase of imports.

Prices could tank If this continues and the Rem plant gets up and running.

Just saying for those profiteers, might want to get while gettin is good.

Last edited: