• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This assault weapons ban CANNOT pass!

Re: This assault weapons ban CANNOT pass!

I agree KY... Now if the rest of the US would get a clue and do something about it. Fact is people spend more time watching American Idol or Housewives of Slut County then they do researching who and how they'll vote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with all of that, the most important point being that the legislature (the body most accountable to the people) is supposed to make 100% of the laws in this country. Not the president with an executive order, not the supreme court with a court ruling. The president is only supposed to recommend law, the supreme court is only supposed to interpret, not rewrite or create new law. Currently, the majority of law in this country comes from the executive branch in the form of bureaucratic regulations and a multitude of executive orders. The supreme court creates new law with nearly every ruling, in many cases simply re-writing legislation for the legislature like they did for Obamacare when they re-termed certain provisions as taxes so that they could then be determined Constitutional. That is not an authority granted to the Court by the Constitution.

Bottom line, our Second Amendment rights, and our other rights, are in danger because we no longer respect the rule of law. The Constitution is being ignored, and blatantly, right before our eyes. They get away with it because most Americans are simply more concerned with the latest Dancing with the Stars stats than they are the issues, and their apathy and ignorance drag the rest of us down with them.

If we just simply followed the law and respected the Constitution this would all be a moot point. Unfortunately, I see little indication our government is going to do that unless we make them. THAT will take an informed and courageous citizenry, which I hope we can still muster. The fact that this is even a discussion topic here gives me some glimmer of hope. </div></div>

+1000 for this! I agree 100%. The only way this will change is when the second to last sentence in this post actually materializes. Nobody hopes for this kind of thing but it is getting to a tipping point and once we are over it I fear there is no point of return. So, the reality of it is, I hope it comes sooner than later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh, what channel is that on? </div></div>

Fox Network? Lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree KY... Now if the rest of the US would get a clue and do something about it. Fact is people spend more time watching American Idol or Housewives of Slut County then they do researching who and how they'll vote. </div></div>

The average American has the attention span of a hummingbird, and our "leaders" take full advantage of this reality.

Hey Nick - why don't you check current "history". I thought the Prez couldn't "simply" bypass Congress, but it looks like both of us were wrong "you US history major" - it is now called Executive Actions. You were totally right, no need to go through the legal process of our country - appoint your cronies’ and change the policies and procedures at an organizational level. Or maybe we should let them vote it in and then find out what is in it. It is amazing that every action this prez has made has nothing to do with public safety or crime prevention - so what is the real gun control story?
“Disarm the people- that is the best and most effective way to enslave them.”