• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes This ? is for those who have

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your mind,..

The funny thing is all but three in this thread have reinforced the preconceptions we had, before this was put up. Laughing,... an Laughing,... some more. Thanks for the win, the money will be well spent,..

Cool story bro. Do an honest assessment of your initial post. You know you could have written your question 1,000 different and better ways to get more comprehensive answers.

Cool story bro. Do an honest assessment of your initial post. You know you could have written your question 1,000 different and better ways to get more comprehensive answers.
Na,... it don't work like that. Everyone involved had to approve the wording as it was worded many whys before it was put up, an no one wanted to bet as they considered the prior wording to be slanted toward the goal they were betting against. One thing many here do not realize/understand is the total amount of viewing of posts that goes on by folks who are not registered here. The world is bigger yet smaller than many realize.

Laughing,... it's very apparent who has very thin skin, plus when you look at their other posts across the site an add where they never post, or just give a generic/google answer. The read is clear to a blind man,....

LOL

Come out to Thunder Valley and show us how it's done......

Na,... it don't work like that. Everyone involved had to approve the wording as it was worded many whys before it was put up, an no one wanted to bet as they considered the prior wording to be slanted toward the goal they were betting against. One thing many here do not realize/understand is the total amount of viewing of posts that goes on by folks who are not registered here. The world is bigger yet smaller than many realize.

We get it. You and your "buddies" are all super secret operators and the only ones that will be left standing after the big boogaloo.

The rest of us are just fanboys that google shit.

We get it. You and your "buddies" are all super secret operators and the only ones that will be left standing after the big boogaloo.

The rest of us are just fanboys that google shit.
Laughing,.... the bulk are Dr's, Lawyers, an retired LEO's,...Only two have been in the service an both were high on the food chain,...Laughing

The funny thing is all but three in this thread have reinforced the preconceptions we had

whos we sucka.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: chrome

Fuck I love this site. This is getting better and better. I'll bite.

@RustyNail - To make sure I am understanding this correctly, you and a group of your buddies (doctors, lawyers, LEOs, etc) got together and carefully crafted this list of questions and statements to post on an internet forum, as a "social experiment", and your original post is as GOOD as you could make it?

If that is the case, can you please promise me you'll post more of these types of experiments and question sets? This shit is awesome.

And if you wont post more questions, can you please share this amazing methodology you used for data extraction, so the rest of us can ask our future questions in the same way? It will definitely elevate the level of conversation we have here on this forum.

So basically feedback from only people who have seen the entire evolution of the daytime rifle optic lol.

There been so many advancements in scope technology and features just over the last 10 years that nothing made 30-60 years ago is relevant anymore outside of it being the basic design that it all stemmed from.

Old Unertl target scopes are still cool as fuck though.

I'm a young'n, 35, but I've been shooting for 25 years.

While I haven't had assorted optics, etc for as long as you require, what I generally find is I've gone through 3 phases during my shooting.

1. Was learning (and still going on) and increasing skill by leaps and bounds.

2. Buying things because I thought they would help me refine my skill I'd built up over the previous 10-15 years because, internet says so.

3. Realizing that good equipment definitely helps, but being knowledgeable in application of skillsets/concepts with any/all equipment is more better. That, and simple is generally better.

My one optic I've had the longest is a SWFA 10x42M with a mil dot reticle and 1/4 MOA turrets. (Oh, the humanity! How dare I not have matching reticle/turrets!!)

That's my $0.02. I'll give you an update in 5 years when I hit my 30 year shooting mark ??

Fuck I love this site. This is getting better and better. I'll bite.

@RustyNail - To make sure I am understanding this correctly, you and a group of your buddies (doctors, lawyers, LEOs, etc) got together and carefully crafted this list of questions and statements to post on an internet forum, as a "social experiment", and your original post is as GOOD as you could make it?

If that is the case, can you please promise me you'll post more of these types of experiments and question sets? This shit is awesome.

And if you wont post more questions, can you please share this amazing methodology you used for data extraction, so the rest of us can ask our future questions in the same way? It will definitely elevate the level of conversation we have here on this forum.
There have been others (although not to this level) that have been going on here, for years
So basically feedback from only people who have seen the entire evolution of the daytime rifle optic lol.

There been so many advancements in scope technology and features just over the last 10 years that nothing made 30-60 years ago is relevant anymore outside of it being the basic design that it all stemmed from.

Old Unertl target scopes are still cool as fuck though.

The OP premise,... was never about optics, period. It was about who an how, the group would respond

While we are on this subject, look at the very first letter Trump sent to pissy, just a few days ago. Has anyone noticed that if you take the first letter of every paragraph an form them into words,...what do they spell out?
Hint, it's
F
U
C
K
Y
O
U
C
U
N
T

While we are on this subject, look at the very first letter Trump sent to pissy, just a few days ago. Has anyone noticed that if you take the first letter of every paragraph an form them into words,...what do they spell out?
Hint, it's
F
U
C
K
Y
O
U
C
U
N
T

Link?????

If that's true then that's the greatest troll in history. That is one amazing man.

Link?????

If that's true then that's the greatest troll in history. That is one amazing man.
The link to that letter was taken down two days ago. We are trying to see if any one has a back up copy, that can be posted.
Trump is a known counter puncher, he did not get to where he is by being a nice guy among the crowd he ran with. They should have known his what he would do once they turned on him, but some have to pee on the electric fence for their self's more than once to learn a lesson.

Got a late 80's Pro point RD and a 1st gen Doctor mini RD. It never even occurred to me to use different brightness levels to range with??!!
The reason why is I had no intent to use a RD past PB, that's what I bought riflescopes for.
As the years went by my eyes changed and the figure 8's I now see in all RD's make doing any type of ranging exorcise even more abundantly silly "too me".
Going to try prism sights going forward...

I got 99% of you guys beat/JK, had me a brand new B&L 2.5-8 (arguably the best glass back then) way back in 74, cool huh?! Glass would probably be nice by even modern standards but I will never know because it's long gone. Fixed parallax, Duplex, coin slot, IIRC. It was always top of back aim at 300-yards on deer, and back then I didn't shoot farther than that. Never occurred to me to use a duplex on different mag settings to both range and to holdover with???

Tried the Leupold SFP varmint reticle, not for ranging but for holds, tried the NF 2.5-10x24 with BDC too. Man I guess I'm not to bright and lazy too because FFP with .2 mil reticle is so much easier??!!

I can see ranging distance with the reticle in an emergency, or in a match, which is rarely required, but thankfully RF's exist.

We have this old guy that everyone local knows. 9mm's were mouse farts to him until he ruined his wrists with the big pistols. One of his quotes was "load em on Sunday Shootem all week - pro 1911, anti most any other pistol. His nick name was CRUSTY OLD BOB, lol. Nice guy and we still liked him, even though..!

Versatility is where it's at for me man! S&B 5-25 PM2/H59 - 10M close focus. FT air rifle matches, 22rf matches, on out to ELR distances with centerfire. Equally good for these, hunting, etc. Athlon FFP for the less expensive rifles. Do have one SFP but sure isn't for ranging.

Old too, but I moved on....

You get what you pay for.

You learn what you train.

Nothing matters when it collects dust in the safe while you suck dick with your buddies.

There have been others (although not to this level) that have been going on here, for years

The OP premise,... was never about optics, period. It was about who an how, the group would respond

What's more likely here:

You popped tall with a poorly worded question, got called out onto the mat for it, defended it extremely poorly, and now trying to clean it up;

OR

You and your possy have masterminded this, and "several other", similar questions as a grand experiment (2 days before the largest holiday in the US) to study how people were going to respond.

I know which one I am betting on.

What's more likely here:

You popped tall with a poorly worded question, got called out onto the mat for it, defended it extremely poorly, and now trying to clean it up;

OR

You and your possy have masterminded this, and "several other", similar questions as a grand experiment (2 days before the largest holiday in the US) to study how people were going to respond.

I know which one I am betting on.
Really? Laughing, look at this thread reads in such a short time. From nothing to over a K+ in 12 hrs,... Do your own survey. There is another thread out there waiting but it's slightly off track, but will be rerouted before the first of next year.

Edit to add,
You have been her long enough to know not all the fire storm threads started long ago an threw the years were posted for nothing. Think back at some of them, the best were mostly in optics yes but, the best one I can recall was in F/C, that outed a shit ton of people. An shortly there after Mike D. (who I still miss) got into a pissing contest with Frank,... Well Frank did what he thought was best,...an to a point I would have to agree. But the bottom line was it outed a bunch for what they were,...

Last edited:
Really? Laughing, look at this thread reads in such a short time. From nothing to over a K+ in 12 hrs,... Do your own survey. There is another thread out there waiting but it's slightly off track, but will be rerouted before the first of next year.

Because "views" equate to anything of significance? Argumentum ad populum fallacy. If anything, people simply come back to watch the train wreck that is comprised of you collective replies.

Reactions: 308pirate
2 Questions:

1. Is this still for sale?

2. I seem to remember a post not long ago in the firearms section by same OP advocating that you don’t need to use the safety on your guns?

• Haha
Actually, Im just really wanting the boomer to fucking tell me which one to buy: MOA or MIL based scope!

#HELP_ME

• Haha
Actually, Im just really wanting the boomer to fucking tell me which one to buy: MOA or MIL based scope!

#HELP_ME

Everyone knows boomers only think in inches. Moa is the only way for them. This newfangled mill system is only a passing trend.

The link to that letter was taken down two days ago. We are trying to see if any one has a back up copy, that can be posted.
Trump is a known counter puncher, he did not get to where he is by being a nice guy among the crowd he ran with. They should have known his what he would do once they turned on him, but some have to pee on the electric fence for their self's more than once to learn a lesson.
It's a fake. If it was true, dont you think the MSM would be all over it and be even more insane than they already are?

So enlighten us, what was the purpose of this thread then?
The bet was the majority would be pissed off do to being excluded via age. There is a national study being conducted, at this time on this very issue. This study has been going on for a very long time, as many now are studying time on a site, vs patterns, an some can almost predict the out come, based upon the content of the normal personality's, the site draws.

The bet was the majority would be pissed off do to being excluded via age. There is a national study being conducted, at this time on this very issue. This study has been going on for a very long time, as many now are studying time on a site, vs patterns, an some can almost predict the out come, based upon the content of the normal personality's, the site draws.

Please post this study, the institution running it, and/or its principal investigators. As someone with a PhD, I am SUPER interested to learn its secret ninja data extraction ways.

Reactions: redneckbmxer24

LOL what? They have to do studies to figure out that people don’t like being excluded from things? That’s retarded, and the talking point for this topic is even more retarded. You literally picked a topic that would exclude almost everyone, and those that it didn’t exclude are some old timers that are so set in their ways that new stuff is irrelevant to them and you would get flawed data based on that.

Sounds like you’re trying to backpedal to me. You come up with some weird off the wall shit man. Some of it is halfway entertaining and some just makes me scratch my head and really want some of whatever you’re on.

This thread in video form (Gunfighter is the dude with the revolver)

95% of the people with instructor certs are fucking morons. That guy shouldn’t be allowed on any range for handling a loaded firearm behind the line like that, let alone teaching people. I hope everyone in that “class” (more like circus) got their $$ refunded.

Please post this study, the institution running it, and/or its principal investigators. As someone with a PhD, I am SUPER interested to learn its secret ninja data extraction ways.
Past, but present is being done thru NIH

And why is that again?
I started on an old Winchester 67 that had to hand cocked to load the firing pin spring. The amount of meat lost to that sound was huge. My grandfather instilled in me, noise is not your friend when hunting, an that muzzle control was everything. When I was given a H&R 22 on my 10th BD that safety was hard to get on an off. After an number of years I found myself never using a mechanical safety at all an still do not to this day.

Past, but present is being done thru NIH

Did you just learn how to use Google scholar? Posting 4 obscure links, with one not being empirical, does nothing to address our(my) questions about the current study you referenced.

Saying the NIH is doing a study is like saying the "CDC is researching diseases". Well no shit.

Specific references or you and your backpedaling will forever be memorialized as the "Rusty Nail Back Peddler" (or reverse on your rascal).

• Haha
Did you just learn how to use Google scholar? Posting 4 obscure links, with one not being empirical, does nothing to address our(my) questions about the current study you referenced.

Saying the NIH is doing a study is like saying the "CDC is researching diseases". Well no shit.

Specific references or you and your backpedaling will forever be memorialized as the "Rusty Nail Back Peddler" (or reverse on your rascal).
If you say so, it must be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.