• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is like when first deciding between MOA & Mils

Without resorting to thousandths, tell me the recognised base 10 for yards or feet or MOA or Fahrenheit or miles or inches?
There are none.
None of those old dinosaur imperial measurements have any commonly used units based on 10 & that's the issue.
I COULDN'T care less about what is used as long as it's divisible by 10 the same as Milliradians.
Here's some historical fact;
On 7 April 1795, the metric system was formally defined in French law. It defined six new DECIMAL units: The mètre, for length—defined as one ten-millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator through Paris. The are (100 m2) for area [of land] & ETC.

Note the phrase; It defined six new DECIMAL units:

Decimal comes from the Latin word decimus, meaning tenth, from the root word decem, or 10. The decimal system, therefore, has 10 as its base and is sometimes called a base-10 system. Decimal can also specifically refer to a number in the decimal system.

You got it now?

Without resorting to thousandths, tell me the recognised base 10 for yards or feet or MOA or Fahrenheit or miles or inches?
There are none.
None of those old dinosaur imperial measurements have any commonly used units based on 10 & that's the issue.
I COULDN'T care less about what is used as long as it's divisible by 10 the same as Milliradians.
Here's some historical fact;
On 7 April 1795, the metric system was formally defined in French law. It defined six new DECIMAL units: The mètre, for length—defined as one ten-millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator through Paris. The are (100 m2) for area [of land] & ETC.

Note the phrase; It defined six new DECIMAL units:

Decimal comes from the Latin word decimus, meaning tenth, from the root word decem, or 10. The decimal system, therefore, has 10 as its base and is sometimes called a base-10 system. Decimal can also specifically refer to a number in the decimal system.

You got it now?
1.1 yards, 2.5’, 5.25”, 1.38 MOA, 75.5 degrees Fahrenheit, 3.75 miles.

All base ten. Still don’t get it do you?

Reactions: brianf