• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

This is like when first deciding between MOA & Mils

Well any system of measurement goes all to hell when you involve Space-Time. Relativistic speeds will shorten your ruler, either Standard or Metric, parallel to the direction of travel from a stationary observer's point of view. So everybody is wrong!
My ruler got shortened but that was because of age and BP meds.

1715701262029.jpeg

I didn't think it would be so hard to understand that divisibility by factors or orders of 10's is the definition of a metric system.

I didn't think it would be so hard to understand that divisibility by factors or orders of 10's is the definition of a metric system.
Yet it works with everything.

It may be metric but it leads others to think you have to use it with metric measurements only.

1 squirrel ball at 1000 squirrel balls = 1 mil. 0.001" at 1 inch = 1 mil. 1 light year at 1000 light years = 1 mil. 1 piece of paper at 3" =1 mil. 1 Frank at 1000 Franks = 1 mil. 1 dick at 1000 dicks = 1 mil.

Back to being deliberately obtuse because you’re bored? Or just seeing who will take the bait? 😴

It may be metric but it leads others to think you have to use it with metric measurements only.

1 squirrel ball at 1000 squirrel balls = 1 mil. 0.001" at 1 inch = 1 mil. 1 light year at 1000 light years = 1 mil. 1 piece of paper at 3" =1 mil. 1 Frank at 1000 Franks = 1 mil. 1 dick at 1000 dicks = 1 mil.
So wait how big are those squirrel balls in inches?.....asking for a friend

So, what does 0.1 mil equate to at 1000 yrds?

Yes well, that's the problem with not keeping with other metric measurements.
An awful mess is what it is.
Who cares what the actual linear measurement is? A mil is a mil is a mil. When are you ever at a round number? Only at a square range.

How big is a mil at 323 yards? 1 mil.
At 768 yards? 1 mil.

Forget the linear.

The same also applies to moa. Forget the linear. Measure in moa.

How big is an moa at 323 yards? 1 moa
768 yards? 1 moa.

The only time anybody should care about group size measurement in other than mils or moa is when you walk or drive down to the target and are in touching range. And can then measure it.

Knowing this I think it is easier to forget linear measurements with mils than moa since alot of us are used to the imperial system.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Who cares what the actual linear measurement is? A mil is a mil is a mil. When are you ever at a round number? Only at a square range.

At 768 yards? 1 mil.

Forget the linear.
He still does math while on the scope.

At 768 yards? 1 mil.

Forget the linear.
Yes well, that reasoning works fine until you need to actually work anything out.
Just use meters & all the bullshit goes away.

What is an opossum? Is that like a fat possum that wears 5.11's and hisses and faints when someone says anything about any caliber other than .30?
Should have stated it better, my bad. Was indicating the 3 legged female. "The largest difference between the opossum and non-marsupial mammals is the bifurcated vagina of the female (the source of the term didelphimorph, from the Greek didelphys, meaning "double-wombed"). "

A three legged male over the head is only used for spin drift negation.

Reactions: Ronws
What I don't understand is why bother using yards in the first place. Since human beings are very poor judges of distance, we all use laser range finders. Since you reckon a mil is a mil..., why not reason the same way with meters & yards. Since nobody could judge 500 yards from 500 meters, why not simply set the range finder to meters & be done with it.
I dont give a rats ass meters or yards other than meters are divisible by ten & have SI units to use.
I don't know why anyone would continue with a such a backward, busted ass measurement system let alone try to twist it in with metric system.

What I don't understand is why bother using yards in the first place. Since human beings are very poor judges of distance, we all use laser range finders. Since you reckon a mil is a mil..., why not reason the same way with meters & yards. Since nobody could judge 500 yards from 500 meters, why not simply set the range finder to meters & be done with it.
I dont give a rats ass meters or yards other than meters are divisible by ten & have SI units to use.
I don't know why anyone would continue with a such a backward, busted ass measurement system let alone try to twist it in with metric system.
IMG_7549.jpeg

Went to the moon, don't get me started.
The U.S had fuck all to do with WWI.
Hitler had 14 divisions committed to the Russian front & 2 divisions to the Allieds. So the Allieds won WWII, yeah right.
True history is quite different to the propaganda you & we, for that matter, have read & heard all our lives.
Oh right, and next thing you’re gonna tell me the earth is flat.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Grim's Reapers
Went to the moon, don't get me started.
The U.S had fuck all to do with WWI.
Hitler had 14 divisions committed to the Russian front & 2 divisions to the Allieds. So the Allieds won WWII, yeah right.
True history is quite different to the propaganda you & we, for that matter, have read & heard all our lives.
Crazy, right?
European countries would never teach history that put them in a better light.

R

Reactions: lash
Metric is measuring based on the meter. Commies like it.

milliradians is not metric because it is not based on the meter or any particular unit of measurement. In fact, most americans can proudly use mil because it is not metric, i.e., not from the pinko commies.

'Merica.

milliradians is not metric because it is not based on the meter or any particular unit of measurement. In fact, most americans can proudly use mil because it is not metric, i.e., not from the pinko commies.

'Merica.
Aren’t the numbers based of centimeters? Pretty sure that’s metric, but I’m retardant

Sorry I was cornfused at the angular part versus the vertical adjustment part of what I remember reading.

I’ll be over here cleaning my 270
See? That’s your problem. Still relying on what has always worked, the .270.

Missing anything between .260 and .308, I went new fangled (metric, shhhh!) 7PRC. I’m somewhat ashamed while I enjoy the hell out of shooting it.

Using a specifically non-metric mil/mil scope…

• Love
Reactions: Barelstroker
As long as it’s

FFP
Matching turrets
Spotter is FFP
Matching turrets

.3 low .5 right is the adjustment no matter what the actual distance is.

Dial or hold and it’s a hit..who cares about the actual “amount of inches”

'Merica.
Of course it's metric.
It's a 10's base system.
What don't you understand about that.?

A scope in Binary Angular measurement would be Uber nerd but the turrets would be really tough to read however turrets really only need 0 marked or 0x0000000 in this case since who looks at them anyway?

This would inherently be more accurate then the previously proposed 'cickypoo' method which was philosophically sound in not giving a shit about inches etc but was inherently esoteric and relied on the actual clickypoos per scope and was abandoned when the challenge became substance when the half clickypoo scopes came out

Well, our forefathers knew. They didn't use no metrics...

Reactions: LeftyJason