• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

This is why EVERYONE needs a McRee chasis !!!

The Busby

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2011
TN
So.....I'm at a competition a couple weekends ago and I'm on the line for a stage just before going hot. The RO tells me to get in position, load and make ready.....and then he says.....put your safety ON. (I'm running a 700 with Timney 510) No big deal.....until I engage the safety (that hasn't been touched in 8-9 years..don't ever use it) and the trigger gets locked in the safe position. The hinge pin that allows the safety lever to rotate shimmied out of place. So I'm like.....OH SHIT...MY GUN IS DOWN FOR THE COMP.

I take the gun off the line, and the only option is to remove the barreled action and try to fix the trigger. All went well, fixed the safety....back on the line for the stage.

So now.....the next stage is a 700+ yard stage!....and I'm freaking out that my zero is no longer good. Well, I get to the next stage, and low and behold, I start smacking every target center mass. After removing the barreled action, having the tiny bit of bedding material I used to skim bed the action FALL OUT of the chasis.....my zero on the gun was still dead nuts !!!

Scott McRee was there running a stage after this happened....and I told him the story. He looked at me and said....

"I TOLD YOU.....THAT'S HOW WE DESIGNED IT"

So long story short, it's one thing for a stock manufacturer to say "it's has a bedding block....you don't have to bed the action".....it's a whole other bag of chips to actually zero your rifle, take it out of the stock, bang it around, put it back in without properly torquing the screws, and then have your 725 yard dope be dead nuts after all that.

I have used McRee chasis' exclusively for the past few years because, in my opinion, they are very adaptable, configurable, and comfortable. I have three on all my bolt guns.

But when I "REALLY" needed the chasis to come through for me....in the field....on the spot....and return to perfect....IT DID !!!!

Scott, I can't thank you enough. Cheers

157dddy.jpg

Last edited:
thats awesome to here, i have 2 and like them alot. i plan to get 1 more for a new build also.
thanks for sharing

I love mine as well. Question the studded attachment on the front right of your rifle. Tell me more about it.

JK....they are Noveske AR10 K9 barricade supports. They allow you to shove the rifle into a door frame or other wall/window/barricade. This loads the rifle as you would on the bipod and frees my support arm/hand from supporting the front of the stock. I usually use that hand to pull myself towards the barricade and the position is almost always WAY more stable for me.

Last edited:
Storm....and everyone else......I see you're running the MOE K grip on your McRee just like I have for years. I recently picked up a MOE K2 and found that it's just a bit longer, thicker, and more vertical than the original K. Plus it has a recess at the top for more contact area and comfort.

It's like MagPul made it just for the McRee. It's perfect for me. Give it a try.

nffp0k.jpg

Last edited:
Just a FYI....the XLR Element gives the same results. I had to take my barreled action out of the chassis 3 times this past weekend at the PRS Finale. All 3 times it returned to zero perfectly just as it should have.

Just a FYI....the XLR Element gives the same results. I had to take my barreled action out of the chassis 3 times this past weekend at the PRS Finale. All 3 times it returned to zero perfectly just as it should have.

nice thread shit....

I've done this many times with my McRee chassis's. They return absolutely to zero. In fact one time I pulled my barreled action and removed the barrel from the action and recrowned it. Reassembled all back together and reinstalled scope etc. fired my first round and it was dead zero elevation and .1 right. Repeatability