• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos This is why we wear long sleeve shirts.

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
The last case of the day from the AR10.

I didn't realize it rolled under me and planted my arm on it when I rolled over. Short sleeve shirts are sometimes not the best plan.

Great reason for me to get my forearm inked.

Re: This is why we wear long sleeve shirts.

Ouch....

One of my guys has a burn on his forearm from a 240 shoot the other day that looks like a notch was taken out of his skin. Damn the bottom eject!

That's a nice looing brand you got there!!!

For sure

My M1a gave me one of those a few years ago, You can still see the outline today

Try being on the firing line when everyone is shooting an M1 and you afe in the sitting position and the guy to your left is shooting off hand. the brass is flying and the top button on tour shooting coat is NOT buttoned. All it takes is one case to go down your back and the body will do strange moves. MM

That'll hurt a little bit... Just be glad it wasn't the first round of the day, because that might have made things a little bit harder.

Beware of shorts too!! Especially during rapid fire prone Service Rifle. The hot brass sticks to the sweat then the sweat evaporates and leaves the mark. The whole time you're proned out trying to finish your string!! So that's where those 7's came from!!

couple years ago during an USPSA match, right after entering the kill house, I fired a rapid pair and one of the 40 SW case bounced just right off the wall and landed between my safety glasses lense and my lower eyelid, talk about funny moves and a weird feeling. first, WTF was that I can't see!! then wow my eye is burning followed by OH S*** what do I do
it is funny now but not then.
cheers.

you won't need to get your forearm inked after that, that burn should be mark enough...a constant reminder

You don't need to get the forearm inked. You already have something there way cooler than any tatoo.
wink.gif

At an indoor range had a round bounce off the barrier and land on top of my glasses frame. Good news is that it got rid of my monobrow, bad news is I looked a little Hindu-ish for a week.

How come they never leave a nice little Lake City indent- now that would be cool.

Badge of honor.

For the same reason you wear long sleeve shirts...it's also wise not to spot sitting to the left of an AR shooter:

url]

This happened during "Ladies night" at our range. Our gunclub members who participate bring all the guns they think a lady would be interested in shooting (every year some idiot thinks some chick somewhere just has to try out the .454 Casull). Anyhow, I'm spotting on the bench to the left of a woman I had shooting my AR Carbine. The recoil was scaring her and she kept backing up. Backing up past the brass catcher. I felt a hard 'tap' in the left middle of my upper back, then a slight tap at my right beltline...then a sharp pain! When sitting at the bench bending forward (spotting) my belt tends to push open the top rim of my pants. There the hot brass landed. And when I stood up, my belt pressed it hard into my skin. I did a pretty good dance but didn't get much sympathy. I got second and a little bit of 3rd degree burns out of that little shell.

I hated it when they would go down the neck....

Have had that happen while shooting a match - and I was rather rude about it
frown.gif
But sheesh, shooting at 600 yards, ready to squeeze, bam my neck is on fire.

Had a buddy have an AH1 dropping cases on him in his foxhole while at TBS. One left a nice burn on the back of his neck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phillik747</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a buddy have an AH1 dropping cases on him in his foxhole while at TBS. One left a nice burn on the back of his neck.</div></div>

Ouch!...and I thought my little 5.56 burn was bad...
whistle.gif

Did the exact thing with .223 off a bench the other day, except mine is on top of my arm, where the shell landed after ejection. I get pretty tan in the summer, so now I have a big white spot on my arm, where it's healing.

i had a win 30/30 it used to put hot brass down my shirt hurt like a mother now i prefer the marlin with the side ejection

Lone, how about an updated pic. I'm curious to see what it looks like now that it's 'healed' a little.

You may have started a new trend, cool burn scars.

In a word, Flamazine.

That's all one needs in a situation like this. Try it just once, you'll agree with me. Vehemently, even.

I did the same with a a M249. Still have partial scar.