• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This Just in-Berger 245 LRHT

nick338

Commander- of what I have no idea
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013

30 Caliber 245 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target Rifle Bullet​

Berger’s 30 caliber 245 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target is heavyweight addition to the successful Long Range Hybrid Target (LRHT) product line. The 245 Grain LRHT’s are born from a partnership with US Elite Forces. The objective the 245’s achieved is to increase long-range target hit percentage at 1,500+ meters. Optimized for use in large capacity cartridges such as the 300 Norma Magnum, 300 PRC, 300 Remington Ultra Magnum, and others, the 245 Grain LRHT is a heaviest-in-class solution for the longest of 30 caliber target and tactical applications.

The 30 caliber LRHT boasts a high BC, jump-tolerant hybrid ogive profile that is Doppler Radar verified with less than 1% BC variation. A high Ballistic Coefficient is important for any long range shooter, however, shot-to-shot BC consistency is the most critical aspect when engaging targets beyond 1,500 meters.

Thanks ... great news ... it's like telling me I've won a weekend get-a-way in Tahiti with the most beautiful woman in the world (that's Bella Hadid by the way) ... but can only attend that date after I've proven that I earned over a million dollars last year (which I didn't by the way).

It's really terrific to hear about something you desperately want, but will never get. :cry:

Thanks ... great news ... it's like telling me I've won a weekend get-a-way in Tahiti with the most beautiful woman in the world (that's Bella Hadid by the way) ... but can only attend that date after I've proven that I earned over a million dollars last year (which I didn't by the way).

It's really terrific to hear about something you desperately want, but will never get. :cry:
I’ll spot you if you pay it back.

Never say never. I've waited too impatiently for this to be released to just dismiss it. While I don't see it being available in the next couple months, I will certainly pre-order, back-order or sign up up for whatever notification I have to for when they are available.

Is there a diffence between the 245gr Extreme Outer Limits and the 245 Long Range Hybrid or it's it just the marketing misunderstanding?

EOL 245 EOL

Long Range Hybrid Target Rifle 245 LRHT

Caliber - LRHT30 Caliber
Bullet Weight245 Grain
Product LineLR Hybrid
G1 BC0.846
G7 BC0.433
G7 Form Factor0.893
Minimum Twist (or faster)1:9"
Caliber EOL30 Caliber
Bullet Weight245 Grain
Product LineElite Hunter
G1 BC0.807
G7 BC0.413
G7 Form Factor0.893
Minimum Twist (or faster)1:9"

so, the following are the same for both bullets.
Is the only difference the LRHT tipped to get a better G7 BC?

OAL1.775
Base to Ogive0.942
Nose Length0.894
Bearing Surface0.633
Boat Tail Length0.227

Reactions: category_theory
Still waiting on a updated .338 from Berger. The 7mm LRHT 190 and 30 cal LRHT 220 are awesome bullets. Problem is finding more 220 LRHT.

Last edited:
so, the following are the same for both bullets.
Is the only difference the LRHT tipped to get a better G7 BC?

OAL1.775
Base to Ogive0.942
Nose Length0.894
Bearing Surface0.633
Boat Tail Length0.227

Most of the values were probably just plugged in from the 245 EOL on the website. The dimensions can't be exactly the same if the nose has been pointed and the G7 form factor of .893 is incorrect, it's more like .852.

250 a-tip is .878 / .442 - but they're 75 cts each. If we can get these for 45 cts it's a no brainer. 220 lrht's shoot great for me.

I thought they wouldn’t be released until this fall. Berger just made a very small run of the EOL last month

I thought they wouldn’t be released until this fall. Berger just made a very small run of the EOL last month
Correct. Last I heard release was scheduled for the fall.

Did that run of EOL's hit the shelves?

Yes they did. Midsouth had them for about 5 minutes. I received in stock notifications from two other vendors and they were gone before I could grab any

Reactions: nick338
Has anyone seen these or the EOLs? I just contacted Berger and they said they aren’t on any of the next 3 production runs…..

Haven't seen any EOL's but I haven't been looking either as I had enough to last until the LRHT was released. Funny how they made this announcement in January and told me they would hit the shelves 3rd quarter and now they aren't even on the next 3 production runs.

Haven't seen any EOL's but I haven't been looking either as I had enough to last until the LRHT was released. Funny how they made this announcement in January and told me they would hit the shelves 3rd quarter and now they aren't even on the next 3 production runs.
I know! I read through this thread and was stoked to get some… then I though maybe I should directly ask and here we are.

Still no Bergers here in Canada. I resorted to A-tips, but those are now running out. I may have to move over to solids.

So the 245 LRHTs are being sold? A few posts previously, someone mentioned that Berger wasn't doing a production run for a while...something does not add up.

I picked up 500 about 2 weeks ago they show up for 6-9 minutes and are gone again. Have not had a chance to try them yet unfortunately but they do in fact exist

Reactions: Taylorbok
I picked up 500 about 2 weeks ago they show up for 6-9 minutes and are gone again. Have not had a chance to try them yet unfortunately but they do in fact exist
Please let us know how they work. Can you post some zoomed in pictures of them?

Reactions: Taylorbok
Any documented use or anyone have these in hand? Pics and descriptions would be very useful!

I believe B2lee had them and tested at distance.

I was able to get my hands on some - here are some pics and data. No actual experience yet, but they do exist!

Attachments

• Berger 245 LRHT_1.jpg
    Berger 245 LRHT_1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Berger 245 LRHT_2.jpg
    Berger 245 LRHT_2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 219
  • Berger 245 LRHT_3.jpg
    Berger 245 LRHT_3.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 205
So the 245 EOL is longer and the tip is more uniform?

Longer- maybe, but OAL on these bullets can vary due to tip inconsistencies.

The LRHT tip is pointed, so I’m expecting better BC consistency. Doppler testing will prove it true or false.

The LRHT uses a target jacket- so that should help keep them from shredding in fast twist/high velocity situations

Any feedback yet?

Nothing yet- I just had 50 loaded up. After I send a few down range, I will post my experience.

I will be running them across the AB mobile lab in June, so I will post those results.

Anyone have a tested BC on these? I was running the EOL and swapped over to these for a couple ELR matches. I just noticed the LRHT is not in the AB library although the EOL is. Figure I'll try the EOL CC and see what it does at distance. It not, it'll be G7 and tweak.

You have shot them in matches or you're going to?

I have yet to see them in stock anywhere.

First match next weekend then the NF ELR in early June. I've only shot them at 100 although I did shoot the EOL's at 600.

I managed to get 1000 on the first run.

Also, just to note, people who were taking the EOLs and length sorting and pointing (not trimming) were getting slightly better bullet SDs than the LRHT - I was seeing some people getting 0.5% just FYSA.