• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This needs to be standard issue

Re: This needs to be standard issue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes... let's test a jet pack with a steel beamed roof overhead.
lol

</div></div>

Kind of makes you wonder what the greater risk is: operating a jetpack, or doing so indoors? You know the company lawyers are just cringing when they watch that video.

All I want to know is, why, in 20-friggin-10 I still don't have one? They were supposed to be all over the place by the dawn of the 21st century. At least that is how I recall the predictions of gasbags like Walter Cronkite, back when I was a wee lad in 1965.

My dream of being killed at relatively low speed, from 20' above ground, is still unrequited!

Perhaps Jetson cars will be available soon. Yet another unrealized futureworld predicton...

Not truly a jet, but a ducted fan.
Running on a 2 stroke V-4.
The old rocket belt only had a flight time of about 20 seconds.
No moving parts, no flame, but no flight time, and fuel not readily available.
Know a couple guys that made a bigger version of rocket engine for a riding lawn mower.

True jet pack would have real jet engines, and be smaller.

If you are seeing the vid for the first time, then you may be behind the times.

I'm still waiting for that skateboard that floats from Back To the Future 2. Well, that, and the $90k to throw down on something like this. It's like an airborne motorcycle.

Why not just spend the 5-12K on a paramotor system? At least if the engine quits on that, you have a parachute to bring you down somewhat softly.