• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This New York Sob Parlour Lets People Cry Their Hearts Out In Private Rooms

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Human is a living organism filled with emotions. While sometimes one feels happy, sometimes they feel sad as well. Although no one intentionally wants to cry in front of everyone, crying alone in one’s personal space becomes relieving. You might think, where would you get such a place that will make you relieved by letting you shed tears?
You would be surprised to know that there is a place in the US where people are being called to cry their hearts out. A place called Sop Parlour in New York City has recently been garnering major attention for being a place where one gets a private cry room to drain out all the emotion of sadness.
According to a report in the New York Post, the parlour owner Anthony Villiotti launched the Sob Parlour in the year 2023. To visit the place one needs to be aware of not taking any kind of psychological treatment. However, the parlour’s therapists say that people visit the parlour to deal with their mental problems.
On the other hand, Villiotti stated that people are now struggling with stress nowadays. In such a situation, they get solace and relief by sitting somewhere and crying out loud. According to the owner, people coming to the parlour are mostly the ones who have been suffering from major stress due to their office or home. Apart from this, some are also sad because of breakups and bad relationships.
According to the report, people visit the Sob Parlour as per their needs. While some get relief in 10 minutes, some people spend hours as well. The cry rooms in the parlour are well equipped with comfortable chairs, tear-shaped mirrors and pillows. Other than that, many such things are also kept in the cry room that would trigger the person to vent their sorrow.
In addition to that, as many as 36 playlists are kept in the room where songs can be listened to. People visiting the parlour say that the place has provided a space to vent their heavy hearts and feel relieved. After crying for 10-15 minutes, most of them feel lighter and better.

This ranks right up there with the rage rooms that offered plates and other stuff to throw against the wall.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
This ranks right up there with the rage rooms that offered plates and other stuff to throw against the wall.

As a man who DO think about the Roman Empire every day, I'd have to say that the Romans had the best idea of a rage room: A capital criminal, usually a rapist or swindler hated by everybody, brought out to the Colisseum, and then a raffle is drawn among everybody who wants a chance to fight them, to pick out the lucky mofo who gets to take them on wearing any armor and with any weapon they choose. Fight is always to the death of course.

Finally, a captive audience. Let me have a bowl of 3 bean salad. Some deviled eggs. A few beers.

Then, let me be in that room for a while. I will, in fact, give them something to cry about.

^^^^^ Some of my baked beans.

Nice and thick and sticky, and will create quite the odiferous melody.

Reactions: Ronws
You people are disgusting!
There are folks that have stress, heartache, many troubles, with nowhere to go, and no one to care, and all you can do is crack jokes and laugh.
Sick.
Disgusting.
Deplorable people you all are.

You people make me wanna go cry somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 101st and 6.5SH
closet or bathroom not good enough anymore?

636a6b80-0167-4469-a338-e855259b79ef_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
^^^^^ Some of my baked beans.

Nice and thick and sticky, and will create quite the odiferous melody.
And also, mine are usually SBD. You don't what has happened until you taste it in your mouth. Perhaps I could brand that as sniper flatulence.

Reactions: JoshPutman
You people are disgusting!
There are folks that have stress, heartache, many troubles, with nowhere to go, and no one to care, and all you can do is crack jokes and laugh.
Sick.
Disgusting.
Deplorable people you all are.

You people make me wanna go cry somewhere.
Don't. That would make you a pussy.

You just bury all those negative feelings down as deep as possible. When it gets to be too much to bear, punch a hole in the wall.

Then break out the spackle and fix it.

Rinse and repeat.

Works great!

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
I should have figured that one out ,Doh.
So crop dust the entire establishment and bail?
Yep. And all you will see through my foul green haze is the back of my heels, followed by my taillights..

However, I can get bonus points if I can first get it blamed on a grandma sitting next to me.